“Amazing food with huge portions. Not cheap!”
Review of Zorro's

Zorro's
Ranked #25 of 1,665 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Ontario
“Amazing food with huge portions. Not cheap!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Zorros is our favorite "celebrate big life acheivements" destination. My girlfriend and I made a reservation and showed up early; they were more than happy to give us a table. We started with the free tray of pickles, kalmata olives and butter, along with a large basket filled with warm garlic bread. I loved the fact the garlic bread wasn't a punch in the face with garlic, it was hard to stop eating it!

I decided to have some red wine and my girlfriend had a pop (shes a great sport being the DD since she doesn't drink red wine). The wine menu is quite large and unfortunately there is only a handful of reds that can be ordered by the glass.

I ordered the zorros cut of prime rib; which, be warned, is absolutely massive. I planned to doggie bag the rest to share with my parents the next day. My girlfriend went with the smallest ($28) cut of prime rib. Both come with a salad and a wide selection of dressings. We went for something lighter, the balsamic vinaigrette, which was light and refreshing. I've been told the bleu cheese and creamy garlic dressings are both fantastic as well. The salad was basically just a spring mix with a few pieces of celery cut into it. If you want something more fun, I'd suggest passing on the salad with your meal and order the Caesar salad (which is made fresh right at the table) or other appetizer.

The prime rib was, as I already said, massive. It was cooked perfectly as we ordered it and came with a baked potato (sour cream is offered, but Ive also seen others ask for bacon bits, dried chives, etc - these are not offered by the server). The prime rib comes with a large amount of au jus, which is fantastic. Ask for some to bring home with your leftovers. They also have AWESOME and extremely hot horseradish. I always ask for an extra scoop, I love this stuff.

I passed on dessert, as I was close to a food-induced coma. My girlfriend loves the lemon sorbet. Unfortunately it doesnt come with fresh strawberries in the winter, only during the summer. My parents had the pecan pie during a previous visit and also enjoyed it very much.

As for service; the waiters are somewhat awkward, but are very quick and accomodating if you need anything. They do rush you a bit too much, but if you just tell them you'd like more time, they will slow down. They also should instinctively offer a wine menu before taking beverage orders. This isn't a huge deal; all I had to do was ask for a wine menu and it's not the end of the world. The waiters always offer fresh pepper for potatoes,

The gentlemen in charge of water do need a little additional training; they often spill the water when pouring and need to slow down and be sure not to fill someone's glass on the table, as it spills onto food, menus, etc.

Yes, the decor is old, but the place isn't dirty. The washrooms were clean. The light in the dining room was the perfect brightness (or dimness). The chairs were very comfortable. I'm not vain enough to let less-than-new decor ruin my dinner.

We will definitely be returning whenever we can afford to!

Toronto
“Excellent Steak”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The. ambiance is nice. The staff are very friendly. The food is delicious. It is located in an industrial area but that really shouldn't matter. Be prepared to pay for the quality food though. It is not cheap.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would never go back.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a reservation for 8 and waiting half an hour for our table. Unbelievable. Classy? I was offended and will never go back. Ambiance was ok at best. People swearing. No one happy to wait. Go somewhere else.

1 Thank tjwronski
richmond hill
“Get in, sit down, eat and get out”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

It was either Zorro's or Ruth Chris, we decided on Zorro's. Dedicated coat check personnel was a nice touch, however turn down the heat in that room, it felt like a sauna. The evening we dined on the restaurant was quite full and somewhat on the loud side. The decor like most has pointed out is quite dated. I found the decor and ambiance to be okay.
The good:
- price is reasonable based on quantity of food,
- Scallops that came with steak and scallop is good
- we were 15 mins early for our dinner reservation and there was a table ready for us

Needs improvement:
- rushed service. The waiter first came around for our beverages. We did not know what was available because we were not given a wine list or menu with beverage. The waiter came back for food order. Order taking was rushed. Waiter did not offer toppings for baked potatoWe ordered our entrées and was deciding on the appetizer, but the waiter just made us felt like he wanted to get the order to the kitchen. We skipped the appetizer. Overall the serving team was not personable.
- serving team lacks grace. For example, when pouring water into glass located farther in the table the waiter should pick up the glass and pour. The glass was not moved or picked up and water dripped onto the menu. The steak and scallop dish came with rice and fries was requested at time of order, the waiter was no where to be found. No one came by during our meal to ask if everything was ok.
- prime beef regular cut is good portion. The regular cut is about 1.5" thick and 6"x6". The beef was cooked medium as requested. However, the meat was tough. The knife provided for the prime beef and sirloin was also of low quality.
- sirloin steak was cooked medium as requested, again the meat was tough. Overall, both entrees were mediocre at best. The quantity of the entrees were good, but the quality and overall value was low.
- we did not order dessert as the service and meal was not to our satisfaction. Also, we were not presented with any dessert menu. We were in and out of the restaurant in less than 1 hr.

• Visited December 2012
“Have the Roast Beef - best in town”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

They make the Cesare Salad the old fashioned way - at the table with fresh ingredients. Lots of garlic.

The Roast Beef is the star of this place. Thick Cuts - cooked to order and served with Salad, Potato and rice. They give you garlic bread and a tray of pickles and olives as well.

The decor is a throwback to the 50's but who cares. The service is old fashioned and great.

It is worth the drive to Mississauga.