“Waaaay overpriced, but great ambiance”
Review of Spoon and Fork - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Pros: this place is gorgeous. You feel like you are in a high class 5 star restaurant, but that's really where the poshness ends.

Cons: price is 28 bucks per person, and the menu is essentially the same as any all you can eat sushi place nearby, and not better quality. True, they have some thai options on the menu, but so do many all you can eat Japanese places. The service was very slow, and it took 45 mins for the hot food to come out.

I would definitely not return as the sushi was mediocre,mand the price tag was outrageous. Good to bring a date to though, just because of the ambiance.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have eaten here and ordered from here for the very last time. The service is absolutely horrible. When we ate at the restaurant it took over two hours to finish our meals. We were ignored by the waitress and were never brought extra water. However, the food was good so we decided next time it would be better to get it delivered. Wrong idea. The food is not worth the customer service. After saying it was for delivery and confirming the address I placed my order and was told a price. Then when it was delivered it was magically $10 more. I called and supposedly it was my fault that I didn't specify orginally that it was for delivery. Then I spoke with the manager and he offered me spring rolls the next time I ordered which only cost $7. How does that work. Do not go there. There are other Thai places with better service and just as good food.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great all-you-can-eat lunch and dinner menus. Wide variety and you always leave stuffed. Great service!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a very clean and lovely place to tuck in to some delicious, flavourful fusion food. The lunch "order all you want" is a good opportunity to taste the food, and it is a fairly good deal. Nice soups.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I love the concept -- all you can eat Thai and Japanese food, but you order the small dishes or share plates off the menu, and they're brought to your table. You can order one or two dishes each at a time, and once you're finished you can order more if you're still hungry. If you don't eat everything, the restaurant reserves the right to charge you menu prices for the food you've wasted.

Most of the food was quite good, but I gave only 3 stars because:

(1) the service was quite poor. Our server was inattentive, and didn't inform us we had only 1/2 hour to order. The menu says you have 2 hours to eat, which is more than reasonable; however, after we'd been there only half an hour, the server informed us that the kitchen was closing in 15 minutes so we had to submit our last orders right away (Apparently, they close between lunch and dinner.) Had we been informed of this earlier, we would have ordered from the menu instead of choosing the all-you-can-eat option.

(2) they charge about $25 per person for adults, which is reasonable for an all-you-can-eat menu. However, they also charge about $16 for children, which is ridiculous. My friends' 4-year-old daughter ate two spring rolls. If anyone at the table orders the all-you-can-eat option, everyone at the table has to, but most 4-year-olds are simply not going to eat anywhere close to $16 worth of food -- so unless your children are ravenous, this is not a good choice for family dining!.

2  Thank delarana