“Atrocious Beef broth!”

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Atrocious Beef broth!”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Okay, I usually eat at Pho Dau Bo on 1125 Dundas St E
Mississauga, ON. I had no time to drive down there on my dinner break so I decided to walk into Pho 88.
I've been going to this Pho 88 since I was 12 (SINCE 1999).
The flavour was awesome before - the richness of the soup was still there.

I ordered the P.02 - Pho nam Sach (Beef brisket, tendon and tripe.) (medium)
When the waitress gave it to me, THERE WAS NO TRIPE AND TENDON.. Just Beef briskets. I told her about the tripe and tendon missing and her excuse was:
"Ohhh, maybe tripe is so small you don't see it."

What are you talking about? There was NONE~ I am honestly an AVID PHO NOODLE EATER AND SORRY TO SAY, was the FIRST time anyone got my order wrong and give me terrible tasting broth!!

For some ODD reason, the new chef made the soup taste like water, salt and beef fat. No anise, cloves, cinnamon, coriander seed, not even a hint of garlic!!! OMG, WHAT KIND OF PHO NOODLE DISH IS THIS? WATERY SALTY BEEF FAT!

I gave constructive criticism towards the waitress hoping she would pass on the room for improvement. But I'm sure she wanted to ignore me.

This place is not the best place to get the full rich broth you would expect from an authentic Pho Beef Noodle dish.
GO TO PHO DAU BO. THE BEST BROTH IN THE LOCAL AREA!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Michelle R

toronto
“Dirty and bad food”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This place is awful and dirty. I ordered a seafood and noodles dish and only got 2 small shrimps and a couple of pieces of crab meat. The staff are not helpful and when I asked for more seafood they said that how they make it.

The food is over priced and cheap

Take my word, go elsewhere.

Mississauga
“Addicted to the Pho Sate”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Ive been dining at West 88 since it was still Pho 88 and when the place looked like a dirty subway station :P The food is what kept me coming back time and time again. They renovated the place a few years ago, which was great. Its got a modern/urban feel to it now, and the food is just as great as its always been. The best meals in my opinion are the Pho Sate soup if you like spicy, Chicken with rice, and the Beef Vermicelli. The starter fried spring rolls are good too. The Hallo Hallo desert is an interesting concoction of green jelly, coconut milk, sweet beans and crushed ice- tastes great and fun to eat. The prices are more than reasonable for the portion you get, especially the Pho soups. If you haven't tried this place yet, your missing out!

1 Thank TravelPrincess1982
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The first place my wife and I were introduced to Vietnamese food, and still the champ. Love the pho and he deep fried...”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

The first place my wife and I were introduced to Vietnamese food, and still the champ. Love the pho and he deep fried spring rolls. Even though the decor has gone upscale, the food is as good as ever.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook