“Hit and Miss - Not consistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Longhorn - CLOSED

Texas Longhorn
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Canadian, Steakhouse, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
mississauga
“Hit and Miss - Not consistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have been going here for many years. Every so often it seems to slip, but we give it another chance and voila! it's good again.
Our recent trip there was an upswing. The Fajitas were delicious and there were certainly enough of them.
The service was very good.
The only complaint I have is with their set up. The entrance way exposes all the diners to a cold blast every time the doors are opened. The old entrance at least has a set of two doors to go through that provided a buffer from the weather outside.
They still serve the best Carne Arsada around.

• Visited January 2012

Mississauga, Canada
“Not worth the drive or time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

4 People, lunch, $80, no booze! Their prices are thru the roof hence the reason you won't see them on their web page. Our server was on his own and not happy about that fact and when we received our food it was warm not hot and when he asked if we wanted it warmed up I said that this shouldn't be an option (and didn't want them to do something to the food once it went behind the doors!) We used to go there a lot but this was our last visit and will not be back.

• Visited January 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
“Good Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Every Sunday my husband and I are here with 2 of our best friends breakfast. The have a breakfast special which we can choose from or order from the breakfast menu. The menu is limited but suits or needs. We have dined here in the past for lunches or dinners. Which has been great food. The servers are allot of fun and the main chef always tries to come out and say hello if he is not to busy in the kitchen. Dining room and bar were renovated last year and lots wonderful, outdoor patio has been in place for 3yrs. We will keep coming back.

• Visited July 2011
Bogota, Colombia
“Excellent "Carne Asada"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

When en Mississauga, before leaving Canada, I browsed for restaurants on that area and found many offering but my family picked this one up. We went there and because was early in the afternoon (6:30) we were the first to step in. Food is tex-mex kind and menu remarks "Carne Asada" which is a portion of skirt absolutely free of fat cook to your choice. Let me tell you, that was great, my only regret is have not asked a bigger portion. If you go with Carne Asada you will be charmed.
My wife picked up Ribs and Chicken, this is a genereous portion of both, chicken and ribs, meat falling from the bone in the last one.
We were very satisfied even to go back again the night after.

• Visited July 2011
Oakville, Canada
“Satisfactory Eatery If You Like Tex Mex Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Have been going to this place for a number of years but have been back here twice over the last couple of months. Hadn't been there in a couple of years since I moved to Oakville from Mississauga.in 1989 as I got married. However, I heard things had gone downhill with their service, etc.over the years. Apprrently it is under new management and things had improved since this change. Since checking this place out twice over the last couple of months, the food, atmosphere plus service were satisfactory. I have always enjoyed Tex Mex food and am prepared to go back to this eatery when I am back in the area visiting.

• Visited April 2011