“Unsatisfactory”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Southcreek Rd
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Starting the review on a positive note, the interior decor and the side patio are very pleasant, spacious, provide enough shade on a sunny day. The rest of the experience was a disappointment. The waiter was strange, seemed to be annoyed by our presence at the beginning. Just having been back from the trip to Italy, I did not have high expectations for the food, and still was disappointed. Guys, there in Open Cork, you gotta do something.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

i absolutly love this restaurant! they have changed up the menu over the years and it just keeps getting better.
Lets start off with the appatizers! omg the fried calamari??? amazing cooked to perfection. golden and crispy and the amount you get? awesome
also you must try the muscles in the wite wine sauce! sooo delecious! havent had mussles that good in any restaurant.
my favorite dish is their Involtini Pollo - Breast of chicken, rolled
and stuffed with goat cheeseand sun dried tomatoes, topped with creamy mushroom sauce. OMG!
or their Penne Gorgonzola - Penne with chicken, spinach,sun dried tomato, red onion and mushrooms in Gorgonzola cream sauce. dear lord! yummmmmm
these are my favorite 2
the lamb is also wonderful and the Eggplant parmasean is a delight for vegetarians.

the veggies are not the greatest kinda bla but im not really a veggie fan. I rather have some steamed asparagus and mash potatoes lol

the atmosphere is beautiful they have updated the place. newly renovated and beautiful.

i had rave reviews when i had my sons confirmation there this year.

great place and definitly a weekly place to go for drinks.

see you tonight Open Cork :)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Reserved online, yet still waited for a while.
They didn't take the special instructions for my fiancee's birthday (Asked for a dessert to be brought out to surprise her)
Was sat down at 6:40 (not really, they told us to sit ourselves)
Got drinks at 7:20
Got our appetizers at 8:15 !!! (Over an hour after the drinks, and I had to say something, so clearly it was forgotton)
Got our mains at 8:22 (Clearly trying to make up for the slow appetizers)

The food was just -okay- but I could have made something similar myself by going to the store faster.

It was completely understaffed and disappointingly slow. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place, as it will not meet your expectations.

1  Thank James D
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Decor nice but service sucked. Host looks like tired out old hippie and he wears flip flops which I believe is illegal in a restaurant. Never saw a smile on any staff, never felt welcomed. Food reasonably priced, and 4 of 5 of us enjoyed while my husband's chicken parm was like shoe leather. Waiter was relatively attentive but never smiled and when my husband mentioned the shoe leather he chose to ignore the comment. If all plates are cleared and 1 not, why wouldn't staff ask why? Won't go back because they do not seem to understand what hospitality means.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

If this restaurant would put the same amount of effort in its food as it does its decor then it would be worthy of praise, but after the terrible meal my dining companion and I had there last night, I would have to describe the chic atmosphere as window dressing for a disaster.

I don't know who prepared our meals, but they don't know a thing about cooking food. One of the appetizers had to be sent back (it was overcooked and burnt), and we both gave up on our main courses after a few bites. It was a double fail; you can understand ending up with a bad cook on a given night, but where was anyone from management to verify the quality of the food being sent out?

This was one of my worst restaurant experiences in many years and there's no chance that I would ever go back.