“Terrible food.”

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

You can tell nothing is done right from the starchy lemon flour sauce for the frozen fish to the boiled non arborio rice for the "risotto". Not worth going to unless you enjoy the possibility of getting sick.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jimmy N

Hamilton
“Terrible food, terrible service.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The restaurant itself is beautiful, but the food and service is less than satisfactory. My husband ordered the risotto and it was gross. It was boiled regular white rice and not abrorio rice. After one bite (and we are not complainers at all), we called the server over and told him that the risotto wasn't what we expected at all and that we didn't want it. The server took it personally and said, "Fine." and cleared his plate. He asked, "what do you want instead?" My husband said he would just share with me because everyone at our table was eating. We were all disappointed with our meals and he really didn't want to bother ordering something else when the other dishes were just not good. The server brought him out a plate of agnoloti. After that, the server did not return once to our table. Instead, he paced around us and spoke in his first language to the other servers, while eyeing us. Very uncomforable!! I asked for our bill and they charged us for both the risotto and the agnoloti and gave us a hard time when we asked, "why?" Needless to say, we will not be returning and we DO NOT recommend this place to anyone who enjoys Italian food...or anyone who expects decent service.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Ammendad
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Hidden Gem in Toronto”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I discovered this place while on a recent business trip to the Toronto area. The wine and meal were outstanding. The prices were very affordable and the food was top notch. I look forward to another visit when I am in the area again.

• Visited October 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“not bad but not great”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This restaurant has a very nice interior, ambiance but lacks in the food dept. We had the Caprese salad and unfortunately the tomatoes were not ripe at all with no taste. Portion size was generous with greens, which normally do not accompany tomato and boconccini,their take on it, but tomatoes have to be ripe. Other entrees were the eggplant parmesian and fried calamari, which were again fair sized but not that tasty. The server we had was not very attentive, did not refill water glasses or ask if we wanted desert?? Moderately priced, but would not go back

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Family b-day celebration!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We've driven by this restaurant several times during the summer, and the parking lot always seemed to be full anytime of the week (clear indication of a robust business and satisfied customers). Now we're in the know too!

Unfortunately too chilly to sit on the patio this week (just looking at the fantastic outdoor space here, it's obvious why this restaurant is so jumping in the warmer months). We were there on a Tuesday night to celebrate our sister/sister-in-law's birthday and it was still fairly busy inside.

Tuesday night is 'all you can eat' pasta (select menu only) and includes a plate of garlic bread and one garden or Caesar salad app. I enjoyed my pasta and my nieces also enjoyed their pastas (this restaurant does a great job catering to all eaters, my youngest niece only wanted spaghetti and sauce and her request was easily accommodated!).

Hubby and the 'birthday girl' enjoyed 'surf and surf' of grilled swordfish and shrimp. Portions were large and attractively presented. My brother-in-law had a duck entree that he said was dry. We told our server and his entree was graciously removed from the bill (again, excellent service without a hint of attitude). We enjoyed cake for dessert, sweets menu isn't huge but selections are very tasty and attractively presented.

As I've already mentioned, service was excellent and our server Christina is an absolute delight. Although I certainly hope she finds work in her chosen field (teaching), the educational system's obvious loss is the Open Cork's gain...combined with tasty and abundant food, the genuine and attentive service at this establishment is clearly the reason why patrons return again and again.

Well done Open Cork, and thanks again to Christina!

Cheers :)