“Family b-day celebration!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Southcreek Rd
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We've driven by this restaurant several times during the summer, and the parking lot always seemed to be full anytime of the week (clear indication of a robust business and satisfied customers). Now we're in the know too!

Unfortunately too chilly to sit on the patio this week (just looking at the fantastic outdoor space here, it's obvious why this restaurant is so jumping in the warmer months). We were there on a Tuesday night to celebrate our sister/sister-in-law's birthday and it was still fairly busy inside.

Tuesday night is 'all you can eat' pasta (select menu only) and includes a plate of garlic bread and one garden or Caesar salad app. I enjoyed my pasta and my nieces also enjoyed their pastas (this restaurant does a great job catering to all eaters, my youngest niece only wanted spaghetti and sauce and her request was easily accommodated!).

Hubby and the 'birthday girl' enjoyed 'surf and surf' of grilled swordfish and shrimp. Portions were large and attractively presented. My brother-in-law had a duck entree that he said was dry. We told our server and his entree was graciously removed from the bill (again, excellent service without a hint of attitude). We enjoyed cake for dessert, sweets menu isn't huge but selections are very tasty and attractively presented.

As I've already mentioned, service was excellent and our server Christina is an absolute delight. Although I certainly hope she finds work in her chosen field (teaching), the educational system's obvious loss is the Open Cork's gain...combined with tasty and abundant food, the genuine and attentive service at this establishment is clearly the reason why patrons return again and again.

Well done Open Cork, and thanks again to Christina!

Cheers :)

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place has a European feeling to it which I like. The interior and patio area are very nice and fancy. I believe sometimes they have live music on the patio during the summer.

Have been here several times and love their pizzas and pasta. You can taste the quality in the food there. Only disappointment was a badly done sangria and people smoking under the big umbrellas outside on the patio.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed August 6, 2012

very disappointing the food was horrible, the menu says fresh food.... I don't think so, I ordered the veal the worst I have ever had, my husband ordered the wood oven pizza, it was like frozen pizza. we couldn't finish the dish because it was that bad. the prices are good but you getting what you pay for if that , and service is just as bad. I would not recommend this place to anyone. we walked away feeling sick.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We needed to find somewhere near the airport on Victoria day and kept choosing places that were closed for the holiday.
After a long search the Open Cork caught my eye and the menu looked good so off we went...
It was not at all what l expected but l was pleasantly surprised as the food was excellent for the price and it was a nice day so eating al la fresco was great too.
We had pasta dishes one with Gorgonzola and chicken and the other with lots of different fish
Both were ample portions and washed down nicely with our half liter of Chardonnay which the lovely waitress advice us to take rather than per glass.
Hope we make it back there sometime as l can highly recommend it and it's relaxed atmosphere and interesting cliental

2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I ordered the salmon and it was bad. I sent it back right away. Instead agreed to have the fresh fish special. It too was off. I gave up. My friends enjoyed their food. I will never go back.

1  Thank Clare2765