“Renovated - not only interiors but the food as well”
Review of The Host

The Host
Ranked #154 of 1,661 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mississauga, Canada
“Renovated - not only interiors but the food as well”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We tried to give another chance to The Host "renovated" after deciding never to visit this place last year and feel this was the well judged decision.

Liked the interiors, most of the stuff is new, including the people. There is scope for having quality furniture though (chairs and tables are getting loose on joints so soon as noticed in three visits paid after the renovation, my brother almost fell down when one of the chair broke).

Good variety of dishes and distinct taste. I can say this as the only place where I could get ladyfinger (/orka) cooked the Delhi style, with onions and spices. Quantity is reasonable (I could be wrong to notice that it is decreasing slightly :-). Breads are generally crispy and freshly made. Not much choice for desserts but whatever is available is good. Favorite for my family remains Kulfi.

I recommend them having Salt and Pepper sprays on the tables instead of requesting for some. There is no harm nor any pointy in waiting for someone to get a grinder. Just have some available on hand and use as needed. Otherthan that, it is a place I can take my guests without hesitation and not think twice.

Pricewise, it is on the higher side but I guess once pays for the easy location and comparatively better taste. I will give it 3.5 stars. Since that is not an option hence 4 stars. Cover up minor loopholes and my rating is more than real 4.

• Visited December 2013

Toronto, Canada
“The Host with the most!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ate here with a bunch of friends. We ordered a bunch of stuff off the menu and shared it with everyone. Dinner was delicious and it was served in some nice little brass pots.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cancunmamma
Mississauga, Canada
“WOW”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable!!! Outstanding food, friendly staff, everything is just awesome!!!!!! You really need to try the butter chicken!!!!

1 Thank Dave G
“Delicious buffet”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Visited 'The Host' in Mississauga a couple of months ago. I must say that the Buffet table was outstanding. Freshness to the foods offered. All the special Indian food you can expect at the table. Start out with a nice cold Indian beer that goes well with spicy foods...try the lamb curry or fish if available....only problem with buffet tables is that you don't know when to stop! The dessert table could have been a little better. Nothing too special! Love to see some barfi and other sweet being offered. The Host is also located in Downtown Toronto on Wellington Street...that will be my next stop for sure...
The Mississauga location is closed for renovations at time of writing this

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank denisf255
“Very Very Good”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had heard about this place from a few people, however the Mississauga location had been closed for sometime so we went to some of their other locations.

I can officially say this is the best, by a LONG way.

We had the specials to start and they were amazing even though they were the veggie option.

We had one chicken dish from the tandoori section and the lamb curry. Everything was cooked to perfection with the right amount of flavour and spice.
I would go here again in a heartbeat, we have had a couple of good Indian meals in Toronto and this is up there.

• Visited October 2013