“Great Restaurant for Special Occasions”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,661 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe
Description: Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality at Ruth's Chris Steak House and allow us to tempt you with a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks broiled at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the freshest seafood and poultry, imaginative side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. At Ruth's Chris, your steak is carefully selected from the finest USDA Prime beef available. It is aged to perfection and cut by hand at the restaurant. Then, your steak is broiled - to your exact order - at a searing 1800 degrees Fahrenheit to lock in the corn-fed flavor and natural juices. It's served hot and sizzling. In fact, you can actually hear your steak sizzling from across the room. Open for LUNCH every FRIDAY.
canada
“Great Restaurant for Special Occasions”

Good food, good service but a little pricey. Loved their Voodoo Shrimp
and Steaks. It is a wonderful restaurant to celebrate special occasions
like Anniversaries, Graduation and Birthdays.

• Visited November 2013

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“second class citizen”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went to celebrate a birthday 2 years ago, was told nothing available in dining and we were not properly attired, my daughter had on designer jeans, there were 6 of us and no attempt was made to accomodate....we were looked at and treated like second class citizens, so we went to Canyon Creek and had a great meal and excellent service. Have never been back...and no desire..!!!!.

• Visited June 2013
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Great dinner out with friends.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food..atmosphere..and service! Would definitely go back! One of the best steaks I've had I. Along time!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Anne-Marie M
Ontario
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Average food, lacks presentation. Only went because we received a gift card. Highlights: nice waiter, dessert was great. My meat was overcooked and tough-don't ask for well done.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver
“Burnt twice”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been looking forward to trying Ruth Chris forever. I'm so disappointed in my first and only experience at Ruth Chris. I will not return. I ordered the $55 ribeye only to have it arrive at the table charred. When the manager came and asked if everything was ok, I asked if the steak should be so burnt. She kindly offered to remake it so I agreed. Normally, I do not send back food but I had to at this time. She came to let me know it would take 10 minutes and if I was ok with this. I agreed to have the steak less done so it wouldn't be so charred. When the meal arrived, it was still charred to the point that there were burnt bits all over the plate. I tried it and did not return it again even though it was not acceptable because my dinner companions were finishing their dinners. I was embarrassed to complain again.

I wish I could post a picture. You would definitely agree that this was not a $55 steak.

In addition, service was odd. We had 4 different wait staff through out dinner. The first one was pretty friendly but the other ones did not know what they were doing. We had asked for separate checks and the waitress seemed annoyed that we made this request. When the bill arrived one of the items were put on the wrong bill. We pointed this out to the waitress and she asked so what do you want me to do with it. We said take it off the bill. She then asked what is supposed to with it then. We said take it off the wrong bill and put it on the correct one. The bill was finally corrected but it was odd that she was so confused.

We thought this was a fine establishment (especially with the prices being charged) and service would be much better. We were sorely disappointed.

With my one meal costing $120, along with bad food and bad service, I have to give this place a thumbs down. No more Ruth Chris in the future!!

• Visited February 2014