“Yes.. it does sizzle !!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,636 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe
Description: Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality at Ruth's Chris Steak House and allow us to tempt you with a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks broiled at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the freshest seafood and poultry, imaginative side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. At Ruth's Chris, your steak is carefully selected from the finest USDA Prime beef available. It is aged to perfection and cut by hand at the restaurant. Then, your steak is broiled - to your exact order - at a searing 1800 degrees Fahrenheit to lock in the corn-fed flavor and natural juices. It's served hot and sizzling. In fact, you can actually hear your steak sizzling from across the room. Open for LUNCH every FRIDAY.
“Yes.. it does sizzle !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Food is very good. I usually have the "petit filet mignon". Its cooked to perfection most of the time, however, side dishes are overpriced and too big if you are by yourself to eat it. However, if you share a side dish it's ok when both like the same dish of course.
We were not that impressed with the service. Some staff are friendly, others are too serious! The atmosphere? ordinary. Price? depends what 's your budget for the taste of an amazing petit filet!!

Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“A must try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Went for my birthday. Oue waiter Marco made our experience enjoyable. Steak was amazing. With had the 40ounce porter house for 2. The steak was superb and the sides were tasty as well. Sure the prices are a bit high but it is well worth the visit for a special occasion or just to treat yourself.

Visited June 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Kind of a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

First comment, if you are out to have a good steak this is one of the best places. That being said, my wife of 20 years and I decided to go to Ruth Chris on our anniversary. We were some what prepared for what everyone has said is a bit of an expensive meal. But, if you get what you pay for then it is worth it. Service is great, settings are perfect, if you have a 7 PM reservation you will be seated at 7 PM. What you must be ready for is the cost of everything. We had 2 drinks each, bar scotch and rye, I had one glass of wine. We shared a garden salad and calamari, a new york steak, a cowboy rib steak, one order of a veggie, potato, mushrooms and onion rings. The total bill was 266.00 plus tip for a grand total of 300.00. Now because I cook for a hobby I will say this, it is not even close to being worth it. You will spend at minimum 100.00 to 120.00 per person to have a meal. Nothing special, the hype about corn feed beef and select cuts of meat are not what the normal persons taste buds can find and I could not either. It is just a steak dinner that is so over priced it is breath taking. There are a dozen places in Mississaug that you can get the same meal with lobster and all the trimmings and still not spend this kind of money. I am not a person who takes someones opinion on a restaurant until I have tried it. Please don't get me wrong the dinner was good, just way over priced for what you get. A New York strip, 10 oz and a Cowboy Rib steak, 125.00 and then everything is on top of this, a baked potato 10.00. We did order asparagus with a Hollandaise sauce. Is was not Hollandaise sause it was egg froth. I put some on my asparagus and was so discussed I did not eat any more. There goes 13.00. So if you want to try it go for it. But if you want a good steak dinner, don't go here it is just way over priced for what you get.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John_W9999901
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“A Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We always eat at a Ruth's Chris Steak House (where we can find one) our travels from England and have never been disappointed. The steaks are always perfect, cooked precisely in line with our requests and served with a delicious range of side dishes. On this visit, we did think it was expensive but this is due to the poor sterling exchange rate and the fact we just called in our way back from shopping so not a special evening out. We will continue to visit Ruth's Chris and always recommend to our friends visiting North America.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga, Canada
“Good steak , medium rare as I like it...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice sized steak brought on a hot plate to keep it warm - I had their mashed potatoes with butter and garlic - quite good - had the mushroom side too - also good.
Good coffee as well.
The bread they bring to the table - I've had better but it's not a big issue.
Down side - this place is a little pricey and although I will return there some time , it's not going to be for a while.

• Visited May 2013