“So Sad”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Erin Mills
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very disappointed that this restaurant has closed. Great food and staff will be missed in this part of Mississauga

3  Thank willie421

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We dined at Rosewood last Friday. It was good but nothing that would make me want to return. I was confused by what type of restaurant it wanted to be. It has a (tacky) rustic decor to it, kind of like a rustic Italian feel to it....but it had large pictures of Jazz singers on the wall. The washrooms had Paris signs on them but in the hall between the mens and the women's WC there were large glass "Guinness" and "Carlsberg" bar mirrors. Rosewood claims it is a wine bar but there is nothing spectacular about the wine selection. And they only have one size of wine glasses: both red and white wine are served in red wine glasses... so I don't think this qualifies them as a wine bar. So not sure what atmosphere they were trying to create with their decor: Jazz bar, wine bar? Italian or French Bristro...that serves Irish beer? strange.

I had the prime rib and my husband had the lamb. Meat was good. It was served with "seasonal vegetables" which turned out to be green beans with cherry tomatoes... these are not seasonal...I consider winter veggies to be more root type. I really have no complaints about the food, I just felt the menu misrepresented the side dishes.

The food was basic but good. Service was good, our waitress was very pleasant and efficient. It was not very crowded though, less than half full.

2  Thank Cat57313
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I took a friend to the Rosewood Bistro recently. This was our friends' first visit to Canada. The wine was great but sadly, it went downhill from there. It was a Tuesday evening, not many patrons in the restaurant. Still, the waitress was inattentive and clearly very inexperienced: each time she went to top up the wine she stopped each of us individually to ask if we would like more wine. She tapped the bottle on my husbands glass deliberately in what appeared to be an attempt to remove a drop that had gone down the side of the bottle. After our main she asked if she should bring dessert menus or could she just let the kitchen staff go home? (it was 09:45 pm) When we declined dessert she asked if we would like to have our wine bottle corked so we could take it with us! The only thing she didn't do was directly ask us to please go. I wish I could say the food was good, as it usually is, but it was not. The calamari was underseasoned and terribly overbattered, I ordered a fish special that came with dry, clumpy rice that had to be at least a day old. The bill arrived, we paid and felt we had really been taken advantage of. The worst part is, I called the restaurant and spoke directly with the chef who assured me the manager would get back to me. He did not. I can only assume they have no intention to educate the waitress or improve the quality of food the cooks turn out in the week. If only the bill was less in the week to match the food and service. We were very disappointed. It used to be so good.

4  Thank LuvMichelin
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I came here to celebrate my sweet sixteen. I invited around 10 girls and made a reservation for friday night. When i got there i was very impressed with the table set up we had in a closed off area especially for the party. we were offered delicious shirley temples, and bread with melon infused butter (which tasted amazing) Then all my guests ordered anything they liked from the menu, the picky girls chose chicken fingers and fries. everyone enjoyed the meal and complimented the restaurant that it was very cute and pretty. Our waitress was very nice and surprisingly the bill came up to be only about $200. They also accepted our homemade cake and cut it up nicely in the kitchen for no extra charge. i am very satisfied with how my gathering worked out and i would recommend everyone to come here for dinner!! :)

1  Thank Gabi N
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently had dinner here with a friend on the only snowy, cold evening we have had so far. The restaurant was warm and cozy and friendly, a nice start to the evening. Our server was very attentive, gracious and very helpful. The food was flavourful, delicious and well prepared. The whole evening was a comfort evening. I really enjoyed the evening and would recommend it to others.