“Shrimp dishes are better than lobster”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #308 of 1,733 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was looking forward to having a lobster tail for supper so I ordered the Harbourside plate of lobster tail and two kinds of shrimp. The shrimp on a skewer and the shrimp in melted butter was good as always but there was really no difference in the taste of the two shrimp dishes. The lobster tail was strangely chewy and bland. The waitress told me that it was not fresh but frozen. I asked for roasted vegetables as a side and I received about two tablespoons of what looked like diced zucchini and a small squashed tomato. Not good.
The salad was very salty but as always, the biscuits were great. But where was the butter?
Next time I go to Red Lobster I will order a fresh cooked lobster. And no roasted vegetables!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We ordered various lobster dishes which are being currently offered. All were quite good. I personally had the lobster tail with lobster tacos. The lobster tail was cooked perfectly and the tacos had a great filling. If you enjoy lobster, it is worth going. As always, the biscuits are really excellent. The place was packed to capacity. Service was OK, not great. Interestingly, they now provide microwave doggy-bag containers. This makes heating the leftovers easy and fast. The prices are modest for what you get.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I went on a Saturday evening. They were busy, which I consider a good sign, and we were told the wait was 40 minutes. So, cranky people shouldn't go to a restaurant hungry and then bash the restaurant because they had to wait. DAH SaDie 905! They have a good size area for waiting where you can get a drink and sit, which is lacking in a lot of places that don't take reservations. We hadn't been for a long time but the lobsterfest meals looked great in commercials. We were seated in only 30 minutes. Better to over estimate the wait than under estimate. Food was as good as it looked and a plentiful serving. Best lobster taste and presentation I've had anywhere. Service was friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is nice. Seating is well spaced, noise level is low so you can have an intimate experience. With ample salad and all you want biscuits included, the meal cost was good value. Snug harbour? Not even close!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Everytime I go there, I always go for pasta with lobster and then for grilled lobster which is juicy and tastes very well. A must try in North America.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went here recently and was surprised at the hour long wait.. really? The food here is nothing to go on about. Service was slow. I just can't understand why people would wait an hour to eat here --- save your time and go to snug harbour on lakeshore at least the wait it worth the meal!!