“delish!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Well, this restaurant is 1 minute from my house, but we consider it for just fancy occasions. Though the decor is a little "traditional" (to be kind), it is very clean. We had not been in a while and my daughter and i thought to have a girls night out. She is 7. We shared 4 courses, and they we all awesome! Started with the beef carpaccio, then wild mushroom filled gnocchi, chicken piccata, we ended the evening with creme brule. Not sure who ate more. How can a 45 pound girl eat so much?? It was awesome. The wait staff treated my daughter like a princess. They we all very attentive! My husband complains that I am a bit of a food snob when eating out. This restaurant met all expectations. Well worth the money!!! visit soon!

There are newer reviews for Piatto Bistro

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I visited Piatto a few weeks ago, 8/30/2012. I was looking forward to the Paella that this restaurant is known for.

The ambiance is that classic bland and outdated style of a pretentious 80's restaurant. I was told, as we were being seated, that the kitchen would close in an hour. Feeling rushed, we ordered quickly. Paella usually takes about 45 minutes to be prepared. The waiter served my order of it in 15 minutes. I could of done a better job with frozen mussels and a bag of Uncle Bens Bistro rice. The waiter was arrogant to us while treating regular clients the way we all would like to be treated.

Uninteresting, Never again

3  Thank riotuesday
Reviewed August 9, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews of Piatto, we decided to give it a try. It was just okay.
We had mussels and grilled seafood. The mussels were bland but the grilled seafood was amazing! That was about it.
For our entree, we had the risotto and spaghettini pescatore. The risotto was salty and the spaghettini was good. We ordered a dessert and coffee. We finished the dessert before the coffee even came. Not impressed.
They were quite busy and they were short staffed or maybe they just didn't want to serve us. We were probably the youngest ones there (we are in our 40s).
We won't be back.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A friend decided that the 5 of us should try Piatto Bistro on Dundas. Wow, what a little gem. There were 4 dishes ordered umongst 5 of us and all were very well received. i think the lemon chicken was outstanding and also the ceasar salad was light and extremely flavourful with no bacon or croutons to mess it up. I ordered the liguine with the exotic mushrooms and truffle oil...very tasty and mushrooms were plentiful. We were able to split one salad amongst two and they even served us the salad split onto two plates. Service was very good and waiter was extremely pleasant and joking with us. The prices of the dishes were very reaonsable for the quality of food and presentation. Portions were very good to excellent. We didnt have wine but did have drinks and split a dessert so the overall cost for dinner was reasonable for this level of restaurant. We were visited twice at the table by the manager and then the chief to ensure we were happy. The restaurant size is cozy but the tables are not on top of each other so you can chat without hearing others. You could take a date here and he/she would be impressed and not break your bank account but if it was Saturday, i would recommend making reservations as the place did fill up quickly after 6pm and no wonder.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We have driven past Piatto many, many times and always wondered what the restaurant would be like. Well, last night we made our first visit and I can tell you we have decided that it is definitely someplace we'll come back to again and again. The staff was exceptionally responsive to our needs, the ambience was perfect and the food was fabulous. I tried out the Summer Menu option and was delighted. My husband ordered the lamb tenderloin and he said the sauce was superb. In fact, he is not a dessert eater per se, but he ordered the Drunken peaches with ice cream and told me later that it was so good, he nearly ordered a second!!! If you are looking for a special place, then look no further than Piatto's Bistro.