“Not bad for a buffet bruch...”

Muddy Duck Restaurant
Ranked #222 of 1,703 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cross street: Hwy 427
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I came here on a Sunday with my in-laws for the brunch buffet. Would I come here again? Not sure... I'm not a "buffet" kind of person... I prefer quality of food over quantity of food.

Pluses:

Staff is quite friendly
Food is fresh
Omellette station is a nice addition
Juices are freshly squeezed

Negatives:

A little understaffed... Took really long to get coffee refills.
Decor is a little dated.
Variety could be a little better. Smoked salmon would have been nice.

1  Thank sinner5
There are newer reviews for Muddy Duck Restaurant

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Met up with family there for brunch/ lunch. On a positive note the staff was friendly. No one complained about their food. On all other notes... I ordered a burger would have loved it to have more than just a small slice of tomato, a small outside slice of a dry pickle and a big hunk of lettuce. The burger was small and thin compared to the bun. I don't know when the Muddy Duck opened. I would have to guess from the decor that it opened in the mid 80s and hasn't been updated since. The bench seat that we sat at was taped together. The wallpaper border was scotch taped to the wall. The it was clean but kind of old and grungy. I found the buffet kind of pricy for what my children would each but it was free for my 2 year old so I chose it for him. When I went to get him a juice and every glass on the tray was dirty. They were just kind of covered in a film and spots. I mentioned it to one of the waitresses and she quickly took them away. The next layer of glasses was clean. The staff is the only reason I rated the Muddy Duck so high. Hopefully they will clean up and update the food soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went with my family for the buffet breakfast and there was a wide variety of foods- the personal omelette was my favourite. Amazing fruit juice as well :)

1  Thank Bluejays77
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had lunch at the Muddy Duck at my husband's request today. This was our second visit, first lunch here. Our previous dinner was very good and the service was very good, too. Today's service was excellent! It was the first time we weren't asked, "So, are you guys OK?" A gentleman named Peter provided the most gracious service we've received in recent memory. The food, as always, was delicious and ample, providing a second, take-home meal for me. We treated ourselves to a slice of a decadent dessert. The coffee is excellent, too.
The menu variety makes us want to return again and again! Lovely decor, too. Lots of parking!
The only thing that marred our meal was a guest at the next table talking loudly on his cell-phone.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was good, the service was great! Our waitress was a joy and very helpful. We will definitely come back if we are in town again. I just wish there was the Italian buffet offered every night. The lasagna was awesome!