“Mother’s Day Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clarkson Road North
Transit: Mississauga Transit stops at the corner of Lakeshore Rd. W. and Clarkson Rd. N. The Clarkson GO Train station is a 10 minute walk.
Description: Established in 1981, Michael"s Back Door Restaurant has been providing Mississauga and the GTA with award winning cuisine and professional, courteous service, in a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Principle owners, Michael Morra and his son Michael Jr, along with partner, Anthony Coffa, invite you to experience creative Italian, Continental fare offering the freshest ingredients and a variety of rare wines. Whether you are looking for a quick, casual meal, a romantic night out or a group dinner, Michael's Back Door has the perfect "Table" for you.
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed a great Mother’s Day fixed price menu of appetizer, entree, and dessert! Although restaurant was very busy, both food and service were excellent. Special menu was not necessarily what I might have chosen, but pork tenderloin entree served with onion-mushroom tart was both creative and delicious. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed every course of our dinners.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I went there last night for an early Anniversary dinner and it was fabulous!! Not only was the food great, the service was exceptional. A big shoutout to our Server Carlos who made our night. On top of all this, the food and drink prices are quite reasonable. Definitely check it out!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Henny Bogan Does Michael’s Back Door
Yes, Michael’s is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for and much more. And there truly is a back door entrance from the parking lot, and a step-down almost - classy entrance at that. After a pleasant greeting, our band of epicurists was shown to a cheerful table in the glassed-in section at the back, where the ambience was considerably brighter. But now for the little subtleties that Michael’s has down cold. Chunks of delicious bread soon appeared in a fancy bowl, along with some fanciful butter. Server Carlos treated us all like royalty, getting caught up with two of our epicurists from previous encounters. Both servers were more than pleased to accommodate differing tastes, such as my oddball request for eggplant with Bocconcini cheese, done up with a scrumptious sauce. All this was washed down with a hearty amber draft beer named Menabrea. My Caprese Salad was a delightful combo of beefsteak tomatoes and more of that appetizing Bocconcini cheese. I should have guessed Michael’s was more elitist when I glanced at the wine book – hundreds of wines were listed amidst two lines of beers. Fellow epicurists gave glowing reports on their entrees, such as: Mixed Greens very tasty; Gnocchi wonderfully flavourful; and Chicken Spinach Mushroom too yummy for words. Tables and chairs were classically designed with the Stickley Prairie style dominating the chairs, into which you could sink comfortably. And our departure was effected with a warm and affectionate tone from the staff who genuinely took pleasure in serving us.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019

Enjoyed a family birthday party in the solarium Saturday March 23rd.
We had a set menu - organized weeks prior to our party. Staff was easy to deal with and accommodating.
Matthew was our server for the evening - he was totally amazing. So friendly, polite, very happy to assist with any of our (many) requirements. We were a large group; so he had his hands full! He was professional throughout the evening.
Everyone in the family really enjoyed their food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here for years my self for the last 25 Years. It used to be a place I would recommend to every one I met as my top spot for great food and impeccable first class service. The owner Michael Jr is always up to the occasion and so are the other servers how ever our last 2 visits have been accompanied by a female server that is more suited to work at Jack Astor’s. How she is still working there is a total tragedy to the history of Michaels. I’ve also noticed the portions of food to be getting smaller and smaller specially the Ceaser Salad. The fact I could count the leaves of lettuce in what was the larger sized portion is a total sham at 14 a plate. I must say I will be letting every one know to not visit this place moving forward as they are now taking there historic name for granted and clearly not listening to the guests recommendations. There are so many much better resteraunt sat that price. Try these instead The Lord Nelson, Napoleons Steak house. Terrace on the Green, the Stone House, Zorros, or heck I’d even take the Keg over this place now.

Date of visit: December 2018