La Castile' Steak & Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant since 1976, probably 150 times in that period. I can certify that I have never had a bad meal here, never had bad service, never been disappointed(I was once when it was closed on a Sunday). Having grwon up in the hotel business, i know how difficult it is to serve prime rib of beef, rare, medium or well done, from 11AM until closing. Many restaurants will tell you that they're out of a particular choice, that has never happened. Always, always, exactly the way I order it, each and every time, and I've been there from 11AM until closing, and everywhere in between. Always tender, juicy, mothwatering, and with horseradish that will open up your sinuses. Also, great ambience, simply superb. Do not compare this restaurant to the Keg, the Keg doesn't compare.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The restaurant was warm and friendly in a Spanish décor. The Staff were professional and very helpful. The Caesar salad was average and the escargot were in shell. The entrées of either a New York strip loin or Prime Rib were grilled to perfection.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My first visit to this long established restaurant. My impression was it would be a fabulous place for our annual Christmas Dinner. One of my younger co-workers suggested it and we went on line to look at pics and the menu. My boss said it was one of the best places we have chosen I have worked for him for over 12 years so that is quite a compliment! Even though it was busy we never were unable to hear each other and the chairs and location were awesome. Everyone enjoyed their choices from the menu. We snuck a peak at the piano bar and saw people dancng and enjoying the live music. How many places have everthing in one location. I think we will take my morther in law here next year for her 80th birhday.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My family and I have been going to La Castile (or "the Castle" as we call it) for well over 35 years now. We've been customers since before the fire (you'll have to talk to the senior wait staff about the differences between that venue and the one they have now) and will be customers for years to come.

I can say we've sat EVERYWHERE within the facility. From the upper loft, to the Isabella room, every spot in the place is fantastic. Large groups should sit on the lower floor in front of the fireplace, under the chandelier. Intimate groups (under 8 folks) should request the Isabella room, and if you're after a romantic experience, request a spot beneath the stained glass window. I proposed to my girlfriend there, and the impression lasted longer than the marriage.

What to eat? Well... that's not as easy... the Caesar salad is killer, but so is the French onion soup. Now, I'm biased on the appetizers, as I LOVE the oysters Rockefeller, but in a pinch the La Castile combo is a great mix, and who doesn't love bacon wrapped scallops?

All entrees come with a salad, veggies and a potato, as well as a basket of garlic toast and pickles/cottage cheese. But don't fill up on the free stuff, as the meal is coming, and it's going to fill you up!!

Main course... good luck! Filet mignon, rib steak, and Chateaubriand for two are amazing... but if you REALLY want a challenge, order the prime rib. It's huge and I've yet to finish one. If you're after seafood, the sole is fantastic (request it de-boned when you order it) or if you're with someone who also has a big appetite, go with the La Castile platter for two.

If you can handle it... they have desserts too... dynamite desserts... but I usually just go with a specialty coffee and call it a night. My mother orders strawberries and whipped cream... it's not on the menu, but they've never failed to produce them for her in the 35 plus years we've been going.

I've never been disappointed, and try to get there as often as I can... living out of town now makes it more difficult, but I have to eat there at a minimum once a year. If I could, I would eat there weekly... but I'd be in a different tax bracket!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I wouldn't go so far as to say this place has the best food around ... but it does have very good food, and I've never been disappointed. Will also say though that so far each time I've visited, someone else has picked up the tab ... so I'm not feeling the full impact of the price. Still, I know it's pricey.

Shrimp cocktail has the largest, meatiest shrimp I've ever seen! (The ocean called .. they want their shrimp back) French onion soup was delicious ... not skimpy at all on the onions or cheese (as can sometimes happen). Filet mignon was perfectly cooked (I like medium rare, and they did it beautifully!). Dining partners had various steaks, different soups, and pasta .. and everyone was happy with their meals.

Yes, the old school staff has probably been working there for years and years, and may not be the fastest around -- but I fully appreciate their attention to detail.

You go to La Castile to enjoy the good food in a special setting. Like a little baroque castle inside ... dark, with lots of wood panelling, amazing chandeliers, seating from cozy/intimate to groups ... really a lovely dining experience.

Will happily return again ... and keep my fingers crossed that I still won't have to pick up the bill. LOL!