“A Local Place we had Forgotten About” 4 of 5 stars

Apricot Tree Cafe
Ranked #32 of 1,574 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Canadian, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mississauga, Canada
“A Local Place we had Forgotten About”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Several years ago my wife and her friend had a disappointing experience here so it hasn't been on our radar despite it's close proximity to home.

however having had an excellent experience at the 'sister" restaurant Narrah Bistro we decided to give them another chance. We weren't disappointed.

The place is pretty small jammed between Starbucks and an Art Gallery in Sherwood Forrest Plaza with a central open kitchen.One issue is the ramp and steps up from the plaza street which are not easy to traverse and the toilets are downstairs, not disabled friendly on both counts. They have a patio fronting onto Dundas which must be pretty noisy!

We had a half litre of the house Pinot Grigio and my wife had the pasta special, seafood in a rose sauce which was excellent. I had the chicken crepe in a curry sauce which was also very good, needed extra bread to mop up the tasty sauce. The service was quiet but attentive, it's back on our list of local haunts.

• Visited July 2013

Ontario, Canada
“Great specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love this place. We've been for lunch, dinner and just desserts and coffee. Cozy restaurant. Great location. Helpful staff. We usually order something off the white board specials. They have wonderful homemade soups - warm salads, my husband had a smoked salmon pasta. He said it was one of the best things he's ever eaten. They make their own ice cream, pastries. It's just a great little place. You might need a reservation.

• Visited July 2013
Mississauga
“Woderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Being a resident of Mississauga for many years, I have been going to the Apricot Tree since it was In a a small spot in Sherwood Plaza, right beside a LCBO. Many years ago...We never have been disappointed. The food is excellent and the service is always superb! I highly recommend the restaurant to everyone of my friends. We all are fond of the place! To me, it is a little piece of Europe, more specifically Austria.
Tamara G.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TamaraMississauga
Hilliard, Ohio
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We tried the Apricot Tree Cafe because of reviews on tripadvisor; we were not disappointed. The service was good and the food was wonderful. There were four of us - I had the warm special which was a salad with shrimp. It was WONDERFUL! My husband and daughter had the Apricot Salad which they both loved. Our guest had the Greek Salad and she loved hers too. Prices were acceptable, service good, food great - we'd definitely recommend it!

• Visited May 2013
MISSISSAUGA
“Quality of food poor...service good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Apricot Tree Cafe for dinner and were not impressed with the food.

I ordered the Chicken Parmesean. The tomato sauce was overly sweet. They had obviously added sugar to the sauce and it was done excessively.

My husband ordered the schnitzel. While he did enoy it, he was given a tiny cup of mushroom gravy with it. They could have charged 50 cents more and added more gravy.

The wine selection was limited.

That all being said, we had the service was friendly and welcoming.

• Visited March 2013