“Tasty desserts”

Apricot Tree Cafe
Ranked #13 of 1,743 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Incredibly Fresh Ingredients & Care With Every Dish Apricot Tree was founded in January of 1993 “A quaint cafe, located in Sherwood Forrest Village. It offers a open kitchen design where guests are welcome to watch their order being prepared. Our guests often enjoy our ever-changing array of lunch and dinner specials, which are made only using the freshest ingredients!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I visited the cafe for coffee and dessert the other day and enjoyed our visit very much. The service was friendly and relaxed. It was surprisingly busy mid-afternoon. My only negative comment is that it could be cleaner.

2  Thank R0795

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Located in a small, upscale shopping area, the Apricot Cafe is easily found and free parking on-site is available. Enticed by T.A. reviews, we visited the Apricot cafe after reading that the owner is an Austrian trained patissier(pastry chef), anticipating treating our sweet tooth to something not easily found in these latitudes.
Small and cozy the restaurant with its white table linens has a delightful Cafe ambiance. We visited for dinner and were promptly welcomed, seated by the hostess, and presented with menus. The menu contained a nice selection of crepes and other entrees as well as wines from which to choose. We selected a white and a red wine by the glass, both of which pleased us. Our dinner started with a French onion soup, which easily proved to be the best we have had in many years in untold many restaurants. It was followed by a green salad, pineapple chicken curry crepe, and a seafood linguini, all excellent and served by super friendly staff. After that we could not resist making a trip to the Pastry display counter, selecting a treat to be complemented with a scoop of ice cream. Wow, what a great meal, and at reasonable prices to boot. Too bad we could not take the Apricot cafe with us to California to enjoy its delights on a regular basis.

1  Thank silvergate
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had decided on visiting Apricot Cafe based on the reviews, but we weren't impressed. We began with a caprese salad with unripe tomatoes, in late summer. Then we ordered the special crepe and a menu crepe. Both arrive lukewarm, but delicious. We ended with a shared dessert crepe, which was wonderful. After two drinks (one alcoholic, one tea), one appetizer, two entree crepes, one dessert, and two coffees, our bill came to $80 with gratuity. Not expensive, but not cheap. We presented a credit card, asked if it was accepted. Our server wasn't sure, but the machine took the card and processed it. Minutes later, our server chased us down in the parking lot, told us the owner had told her they didn't accept that particular card, and asked us to return to the restaurant to pay again with another card. We acquiesced and returned. We paid with another card, and then were asked to wait until the owner, who was apparently downstairs in another kitchen (which may explain the lukewarm temperature of the entrees) to process the refund. We waited five minutes for the owner to come up, and then were helped instead by another person. I am giving this experience a poor rating in hopes the owner will fix things. You should NEVER make a paying customer WAIT to refund a credit card transaction (or anything else) that YOU have asked them to inconvenience themselves to do for you and your business. At the very least, the dessert should have been comped (I blame this oversight on the fact that the owner NEVER spoke with us.) And your employees should all be cross-trained on refunds and given the autonomy to comp certain menu items, if you are going to be tied up indefinitely in a kitchen away from the action.

1  Thank Jencbus
franz h, Owner at Apricot Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

First of all thank you for your feedback.
I apologize for the confusion with the payment card. But it was the very first time we have come across that particular card. The server should have paid more attention when processing the transaction.
You are absolutely right that we should not make you wait when paying. Unfortunately I was just tied up with finishing a chocolate dessert for the next morning in the basement prep kitchen.
I did apologize for the wait when I came upstairs. ( I was the guy in the white chef jacket and I am also the owner)
All menu dishes are cooked from scratch in the open kitchen in the dining area. We certainly would have replaced the lukewarm crepe if the server would have been made aware of it when following up.
Again, I apologize if the dining experience was not as expected. And we certainly will comp part of your meal next time you are in town for TIFF.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This has become one of my favourite local places to go, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner - I have had them all. The service is amazing, the menu options are delicious and you really can't beat the ambiance.

There is a front section, a dinning room and an outside patio, all your needs are met. This local favourite in the neighbourhood has an incredible desert selection as well.

I will continue to visit and share my favourite place with my friends and family, my girlfriend drives in from Markham just for their signature dish - Warm Salad, which is a meal in itself.

Enjoy but save a seat for me!

1  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Althought the place is small, the food was very good. All the ingrediences used were very fresh and crisp. My girlfriend and I didn't feel rushed and it wasn't noisy at all.