“Great Dim Sum seafood”

Jam House Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #339 of 2,050 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 14, 2018

One of the best Chinese Restaurant in town. Delicious foods with lots of selections from the Dim Sum. Lobster & Peking Ducks are the best. The service was excellent. You can chat with Lawrence,the Manager, and the server Judy & Cindy were so prompt. You don't need to ask, they can see what's needed on the table & they will automatically bring to you.
Very reasonable price. We eat here at least twice a month. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank FEYgroup

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

The Peking duck was so tiny! Not much meat at all.
Also, the Tufu pot was not as nice as before, stir fry vegetables and Cantonese chow mei were good though. We were so disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Worst service we had ever experienced! First the waiter did not come by our table to take our orders after sitting patiently waiting for 30 min. So we had to flag a waiter down to take our order. We ordered 3 plated dishes, which after another long wait, eventually was brought out to our table. We also ordered a few dishes from the dim sum menu by filling out the menu checklist with a pencil they had provided. Gave the checklist to the waiter. After an hour an a half, still no dim sum had been brought out. So we asked where was our order. Apparently,The waiter failed to bring our selected checklist to the chef. He said the checklist was left in the pile of menu books. So he quickly put in the order and brought out a few dim sum dishes. None of the dishes he brought out were what we had ordered from the dim sum menu checklist. So I asked the waiter if I can see my original menu checklist again. He brought it to me and all the items that I had selected were erased and altered, even our table number was erased. It appears that a staff member tried to reuse that paper checklist for another table’s order by erasing my order. Who does that!? So I asked the waiter why all my selections were erased. He said no one erased anything. Seriously?! You can still see my handwriting and faint pencil still written on the paper! I told him to look at the paper carefully. He then asked me who erased the checklist. So I told him that I didnt know because I dont work there!! He accused me of erasing my selections! Hello!? He was the one who took my order. How on earth would I have erased and altered my selection checklist? So now I am getting frustrated. He calls the manager over, and I am trying to explain what happened, and this jerk waiter kept cutting me off and interrrupting me while I am speaking. He got so defensive and was not interested in making things right. It was obvious, he messed up our orders with another table, but he was not going to admit it and bring me the food that I actually ordered. So I told him to remove all the dishes that I did not order from my bill. After this fiasco, we overheard the table next to us complaining about missing dishes. Clearly, the orders were all messed up and we probably got some of that table’s orders. We did not get any sort of apology or anything. They screwed up, and they were not about to admit it and make things better.

We are visiting from Alberta. Chose this restaurant because of its apparent 4 star rating. Would never, ever, ever step foot in this restaurant again simply because of this horrible experience with lousy customer service. A nice dinner with my family and friends turned sour and I left feeling aggravated, embarassed (because we were taking our non-chinese friends to try chinese dim sum), frustrated, and hungry (because they still NEVER brought out all my dim sum dishes that I ordered in the first place.)

I give this restaurant zero stars! Not worth the aggravation and frustration with the staff.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We had dinner and was well pleased with the experience. The decor was a little more fancy than the usual Chinese restaurant. Most importantly, the food was fresh and delicious. We had the sauteed fish fillet, crab and crispy chicken. All were good. The tofu with salty fish and chicken cubes was very tasty. We were pleased with the service as well. Lots of parking available.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We have been patronizing this restaurant since it re-opened a few years ago. The place is comfortable but not overly fancy! The food is always tasty and hot. The wait staff are helpful and friendly! The owners are usually there greeting guests and ensuring they are enjoying their dining experiences.
We had our family festive meals there in the last couple of years and we were always satisfied and never disappointed!

1  Thank Tsangs53