“A safe spot when i don't feel like cooking at home”

Alice Fazooli's Italian Crab Shack
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Duke of York
Transit: GO Bus and Mississauga Transit depot across the street.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Patio was crowded on a warm Tuesday night but inside was almost empty. Inside suited us because we wanted to talk. Had tried Jack Aster's but left because of noise [Some sort of event night].
Service at Alice Fazooli's was quick and competent. The server was friendly and helpful with the menu. My penne arrabiata was what I wanted and expected. The portion was large.
My granddaughter enjoyed her pizza. My fussy eater daughter ate something bland and uninteresting but didn't complain. The hot bread was excellent as usual.
This is always a safe spot when i don't feel like cooking at home

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Reasonable food. Service could have been snappier but definitely did not like all the fruit flies hanging around the tables. Waiter said it was because the external doors were open, but think they should give the tables a good clean (it was tacky!) and have some insect killing lamps installed.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Mothers Day lunch was a frustrating and disappointing meal---I hosted 2 mothers---my wife and my 90 year old Mother------Initially we were seated beside the kitchen area--really where they pile up all of the plates etc. Right away we noticed the noise and asked for an alternate table--The second table was adjacent to an internal wall --with openings and blinds--but no glass---there was a different sound system on each side of the wall and we were bombarded with rock from one side and heavy metal from the other----needless to say it was very noisy---The food was OK but the noise was unacceptable--it may be OK for a late evening bar--I play in a band---but AF sure didn't check out their sound system before a noon gig nor did they select a play list appropriate for the occasion!!!!!!

I made the reservation 2 weeks in advance.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a part of a chain and it is quite nice, the bar is massive and the patio awesome in the sun. Unfortunately last night I sat at the bar where it became very clear that if you are not a regular or female the two lads behind the bar really were not interested in serving you, which in my case I am not a regular nor am I female so my service was abysmal. So I did what any smart person would do, I went else where to spend my money, which was definitely not one of the other two places near by as they are all the same company.

Management will say "Oh you should have said something" but really? why so the issue gets corrected this time, no they just need to explain to their bartenders that all customers are equal. I will never turn into a female but I seeing as I just moved to this area I may have become a regular.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Whenever my husband asks me: where do you want to eat? I always answer: my favourite Alice Fazzoli. First, we live close by, second, service always top top, food is always perfect and the atmosphere is soooo good.
You must try it, Noway you miss this place if you are in the area. Free parking and always there is a place for you without reservation. But if you are a big group, better have a previous reservation.
I always try something new evrey time and it turned to be wonderful, pizza, sandwiches, salads, kids menu, main courses, anything you try, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Prices are reasonable compared to other places. Entree varies between 20 and 26 dollars. Sandwiches around 15 and kids meal around 8. Wine is like everywhere around 9 a glass. We always pay around 55 for 2 adults and a kid but with one glass of wine only.
Steaks are really tender and tasty. But if you are really hungry, you should order an appetizer next to the main dish. Penne Vodka is good and tasty but for 16 dollars.
Overall: I will return again and again. We go evrey month there at least once or twice. At night this place is sooo cool specially if you have a nice group to enjoy with.
I highly highly recommend this restaurant and specially this branch in square one area- Mississauga, Ontario- Canada.

Viviane