“Very Nice Dining”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

After some early (VERY early) Christmas shopping, SummerFunGirl and I finished off our evening with a very nice dinner at Aielli. It was just after 9pm on a Wednesday night so the place was empty save for one other couple therefore we had our choice of where to sit. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and the food was good too. The Caesar salad was tasty but a little light on the dressing and prosciutto. The salumi board was OK with 3 different sliced meats...some slices of cheese and honey for dipping but it could've used some pickles/olives and another cheese to round it out a little better. SummerFunGirl had the Lemon Chicken breast and I had the Pappardelle Bolognese. Portions were good (TWO chicken breasts) and the Bolognese had lots of meat sauce. Flavour wise both were good...not great...but for the money, the value was certainly there. The atmosphere is nice and it was very quiet so conversation was easy...something you don't find at many restaurants. Of course, if there were more people there the acoustics might not be as good but for a nice night out, Aielli is a solid choice for good Italian cooking.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good service, good food, good value.

Nice cozy (maybe a little worn) atmosphere. The duck was excellent!

The veal Marsala was solid ... Both plates had excellent veggies and the service was attentive without being intrusive.

Good wine selection.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went for a 50th birthday party and needless to say I was a little disappointed. Service was slow and with no one else in restaurant at that time of day was unacceptable.

Ordered the meat and cheese plate as an appetizer and found 4 pieces of meat you could see through with two pieces of sausage the size of a quarter. Cheese was good but very thin as well. Entrée of pesto pasta very disappointing. I make a better pesto and I am a "mange cake". Others in party had mixed reviews as well. Tried my son's steak. Not bad but not great either...but didn't really expect a steakhouse flavour. Wife's mussels as an appetizer probably best thing we had tonight.

Wine list extensive but didn't go for the wine. All in all, they better get some different dishes and better reviews or else I will not be returning.

1  Thank Pyac19
Reviewed January 23, 2013

i have been going to this restaurant for 20 years..It is good value for the money ..... not really young kids place... service is friendly , knowledgable, ,very experienced. get them to reomend a botlle of wine in your price range.. i like the way they do their mussels..

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was hoping that this would be a great restaurant but I was horribly disappointed.

The waitress was beyond rude from the moment we walked in the door. She is very bad at her job and ignored us as often as possible. She had no manners, was not able to say what kind of pop they had in their machine, she was rude when asked where the washroom was. She snubbed us several times and didn't offer to refill our drinks. My guess would be that she must be related to an owner as I have never met anyone in the service industry who was that incompetent who kept their job for long.

The veal was tough and tasteless, they plated my meal wrong and just took it in the back to replace it and just scraped it to another plate and missed several pieces. The baked ziti was overcooked and the cheese served with it was not paired well and tasted as though it had gone bad. We ordered the apple crumble and was told it takes 15 min to cook, we waited about 30 minutes and when we finally got it, it was burnt. The beef tenderloin and the caesar salad was the only food that was quite good.

We had to wait to order our entree until after we had finished our appetizer and then had to sit and wait for our dinner to be prepared. We were one of the first tables that was seated in the restaurant and she only had a few tables in her section. It took well over 3 hours to have dinner.

The stairs to the bathroom are an absolute health risk as they are very steep and not at all marked and the top stair should be inspected for building code as it overhangs the next tread by enough to cause a tripping hazard.

I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. For what they charge, they should make and attempt to service their patrons, and not just the ones who they are overcharging for their alcohol.

2  Thank Jbear6589