“Great Value for a great stay!”

Admiral Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed for one week at the Admiral Inn, Mississauga I looked on line for accommodations but chose Admiral Inn for price, location and amenities. Its very close to the QEW. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, several different kinds of pastry, bagels, juices and coffee/tea. They even had the waffle iron up and running for a couple of days. The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff were super nice. The refrigerator was a wonderful bonus; just remember to turn it up when you go to use it. The room temperature was easy to regulate. Very comfortable. The pool was kind of cool and the jacuzzi was not pipping hot, but very relaxing. You could stay in it a little longer because of the temperature. The dry sauna was a nice bonus. All very clean! Great front desk staff who cared about your stay. My only criticism was that I noticed dust "bunnies" coming out the heating unit. I mentioned it to a maintenance worker, but it never got attention. The front desk made a note of it, but I checked out so I don't know if it was taken care of.
I would stay here again, and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Remember to turn on the refrigerator if you plan to use it. Check out the heating/cooling unit's...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Adele C

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The main areas of the building such as the entry and dining area are nice, clean. However, we were on the main floor and the carpet in the hallway was torn and filthy probably because the exit door led to the garbage bins and was used regularly by maintenance staff. The room we stayed in was a smoking room and seriously needed airing. Very poor ventilation. The hair dryer in the room had dust and hair caked into the air intakes. Gross. The house keeping standard in the rest of the room was very good.
The food for the free breakfast was fresh and quite good with several options. I was there at a conference and the lunch served was also excellent. Very fresh salad, sandwiches and home made soups.
The room was above average size and was nicely furnished.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end and had 3 windows so it was quite bright and nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank conmeister
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am on bussiness from California and I have been staying at the Admiral Inn for close to two months now. They are a family run bussiness and now how to treat you like family.The staff goes out of it way to make you feel at home. From the front desk to house keeping everyone makes you feel special. They offer free internet,wi fi, and a hot breakfast. The beds are very comfy,the hot tub is hot and the pool is refreshing! Give them a try sometime, you will not be disapointed.
There are shops and restaraunt with in walking distance. May i suggest Thai Food Experts on Erin mills at Leanne.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed August 10, 2012

A small inn located in the industrial area of Mississauga, I would imagine to be inconvenient for travelers without cars or just looking for an overnight stay en route to the airport. The location of the hotel itself however is near quite a few restaurants, movie theatres and strip malls.

Rooms are available in smoking and non-smoking. The smoking rooms are located in a separate wing secluded from the rest of the rooms, it also has a separate room going outside so it works out for either guests.

Rooms are ok, nothing amazing about it, medium sized rooms, comes with mircowave, a fridge and a coffee maker. However in my opinion for the rate, it is quite a bargain for the room. The only complaint would be that it was very dark.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iczi
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel was very conveniently located for us, very clean and rooms were comfortable.

We booked in today , the man at the front desk never smiled, said hello or welcome, never told us about any amenities at the hotel or said thank you after we paid. Not a good first impression !

We passed the front desk a number of times on our way out and not once did the front desk Man acknowledge us even though he was just standing there doing nothing.

My husband was staying with his mother at a near by hospice, I had come to the city to see him. A difficult time for us. When i made the booking It was explained on the phone that if more than one person is staying that an extra $10 charge would apply. I had no problem with this. My husband called from the hospice late tonight to say he was going to join me at the hotel for a break. I phoned the front desk to advise them that he would be joining me after all and said I would pay the extra $10 when I would be down in the morning. The man at the front desk was very concerned about the $10 and advised that he had to charge immediately on my card, again not a thank you, a good night or any other type of greeting.

First impressions go a long way, this employee falls short in all aspects.

fortunately this does not put me off my willingness to return as the hotel itself is very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Turner53
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our first hotel on arriving in Canada at the start of a 3 month motorcycling holiday. We wanted somewhere near the airport (Pearson) which is about 15 mins drive away. The room rate was very reasonable and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff were also courteous and helpful. There is no bar but the reception sell beers from a fridge behind the check-in desk. The hotel is a bit isolated but there is a reasonable selection of shops, burger outlets and restaurants only 5 or 10 minutes walk away. There is nothing that would put me off from staying there again. The breakfast buffet was the usual selection of cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage, toasts etc. it was of good quality and it was kept well topped up so there was never any shortage. There was also a decent amount of seating area for the breakfast guests. The patio area was a bit neglected which was a shame.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We flew into Pearson int airport so chose this hotel for its proximity as we would be back to the airport to get our bikes out of storage the following morning. First impressions of the location weren't great, but the hotel actually was quite good, clean rooms, polite staff, the fitness centre was very basic. The breakfasts were good, the "bar" was actually a tiny fridge behind the reception. But on the whole a decent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends