“From warm welcome to friendly goodbye.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Admiral Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
Ipswich
“From warm welcome to friendly goodbye.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

I chose the Inn after looking at Tripadvisor and reading the comments. I already knew the area as my dad is in a nearby care home. I want sure how quiet the place would be being so close to the QEW. I booked directly with the hotel and asked for a vegan breakfast. When I arrived on 22 February 2011 I was warmly welcomed and told the breakfast provided would have soya milk and margarine. This had been bough specially for me. The room was amazing, clean, quiet and well appointed. I slept well the whole week I was there. Breakfasts were a joy and tasty! The person who managed the breakfast had a very good eye for detail and set out a generous breakfast for all the guests.
I used the well maintained fitness room once and was glad of its simple guidelines for guests. The week went fast and I was sorry to leave as the manager Jordan heard me say. His reply was you would have to leave one day!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Duncanbruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

After looking at similarly priced hotels that included tacky upholstery,bed bugs, peeling swimming pool paint, finding the Admiral Inn Mississauga was a treat. It was affordable, modern, and super clean. When I walked into the room, it smelled like oranges and was obviously just cleaned. I can't tell you how many hotels I've been in only to find the fresh folded towels actually had hairs or foundation on them, the toilet was dirty under the seat, or the coffee maker had old grinds in it. Not this place. This truly is the first hotel I've been in where everything was changed and cleaned properly. I was impressed. I'd like to stress that I've been to hotels that are more expensive than this, but this truly was the cleanest and most well maintained one I've ever been too. I was amazed. Their cleaning staff should get a raise.

The beds were comfortable, the decor tasteful and modern, the rooms included microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker with coffee, phone, tv, closet with iron and a very nice bathroom, modern with a nice roomy tub/shower area.

The pool was a medium size pool, very clean, pool towels available in baskets around poolside. The hot tub is attached to the pool and it is built to overflow into the pool, making it a wonderful swimming experience, nice warm water - not hot but not ice cold like most pools - while still a refreshing swim, very relaxing. If I had to say anything that could be improved, it was that the hot tub could be hotter - but in the hotel's defense the staff were very friendly so I could have have asked them to turn up the thermostat, it's just that it was a late evening swim and I was exhausted from my drive.

The continental breakfast was fantastic. It's a self serve breakfast but it includes everything (waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurt, eggs, tea, coffee, juice, bagels and cream cheese, toast, etc). After a day of sight seeing, a 3 hour drive and a flight from Winnipeg, Manitoba, this was a wonderful treat to not have to cook or pay for another expensive meal for five. I had two 6 foot tall teenage boys with me and there was enough food to satisfy them both, which was amazing. And no extra charge! The other hotels offered coffee with toast and muffin - this place offered a meal! Very impressed. It also has a large tv hanging in the breakfast area so you can look at the local weather and traffic while you eat and talk about where you're going to go for the day.

The hotel is on a major thoroughfare and this made it very easy to get to tourist attractions. When I asked for directions to the zoo, the lady at the front desk upon seeing the pamphlets had all been taken printed me a map with detailed directions on it from her computer. The staff were fantastic.

I travel to this area often to see my family and I absolutely will go to this hotel again. It's inexpensive, incredibly clean, and a great breakfast. A wonderful night's stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank chriswuzhere
Admiral_Inn, General Manager at Admiral Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Thank you for the kind words. We pride ourself in offering you a great experience at a great price.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thanks,

Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stayed at the Admiral Inn Mississauga in December and what a great place! Check in was so easy and quick, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect as we were heading to the Go Station the next morning to take a train from Toronto - only 1 minute from station! Also close to great shops and restaurants and of course Toronto. The hotel itself was immaculate and the room was very luxurious and more than I expected. Overall a fantastic value and I would highly recommend it to anyone for business or holiday travel. I have also stayed at the other Admiral Inn locations and would defeinitely recommend them all!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank petzy1
Admiral_Inn, Manager at Admiral Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Thank you for the kind words. When we make you happy we are happy. If there is ever anything to make your stay better we would like to know.

Thanks again.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

My wife, two children, and I stayed five nights at the Admiral Inn, Mississauga. Upon arriving, the front desk mistakenly booked us in a smoking room, we wanted a non smoking room, within a few moments we were in a nice fresh non smoking room. A note about smoking rooms, in this particular hotel, the smoking rooms are isolated in a closed door wing. Our room was clean, fresh and new looking. A very long room with two queen beds. There was a microwave and refrigerator, an iron, glasses, desk, chair, extra occassional chair and a coffee maker. The beds were comfortable, the upholstery and carpets clean. Next to a window facing an open field was the air and heater. For the first time in my life, I travelled with a lap top and the hotel provided free internet. I found having the computer right there was really handy for finding all sorts of attractions, maps and so forth. The television was on old fashion crt style. Unfortunately, not many hotels opt for the flat screens but I just mention this for review sake. Nice bathroom, cheapo shampoos but nothing I could not live with and the towels were plush. I will say at this point, that my family is pretty neat and tidy but let's face it, we had four people in the room, so things were often scattered about. The housekeeping was excellent. Really! Hats off! When I started looking at hotels in the Toronto metro, I found slim pickings. There seemed to be plenty of hotels right in city center but they were rather pricey for what you paid for, parking extra, no breakfast, all in the 200-250 range before the above mentioned extras. I had heard driving in Toronto can be a challenge, and the two times I ventured into the city with my car was proof. Do not drive in Toronto. The QEW is the main and basically only highway in from the west and is terrible. Plus there was construction. I will not rip into a diatribe about driving, public T or Canadian roads, do yourself a favor and take the train. The Admiral Inn is located across the highway from the train station. The station is nearby, small and easy to navigate and parking is free. The tickets, I found to be expensive, 23 cd for two adults round trip to Union Station and back, as many on and offs as you like. Kids were free. Union staion was where we found all the attractions we wanted to experience so good. Back to the Admiral, the breakfast in the morning was great. Three types of cereal, juices, bagels, toast, bacon, suasages, eggs, pasteries, honest to gosh pasteries, and do it yourself waffles from a easy to make waffle iron. Excellent coffee, really believe me! Nice bright room with plenty of seating and free papers and a tv. One gripe, the fresh fruit was melons and not very tastey but one day we were treated to grapes, mango and fresh cut pineapple. My girls would think I'm crazy for not mentioning the pool. It was a medium sized heated pool, great for young kids or soaking, the hot tub was attached and there was seating around with plenty of towels. There was also an outside patio area for sitting, drinking smoking, relaxing. I think during the time we spent there, the clientele at the Admiral was mostly people on business. We had the pool to ourselves all the time. My girls loved it. Great job Admiral, at 100 dollars a night we stayed clean, safe, quiet and cheap.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank OldskoolIowa
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with the Admiral Inn and thank you for the comments regarding out TV & Bathroom Supplies. We are in the process of changing to 40 inch flat screen tv's with Video On Demand. We will also be upgrading to a better quality shampoo in the near future.

We were glad you could use everything the Admiral Inn had to offer also.

Thanks again,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

My brother and I stayed here for just one night, but we wish we would have stayed longer! The room was wonderful. I found the bed to be very comfortable while he slept on the sleeper sofa and slept great on that as well. There was an error with our room initally since we were put in the wrong type of suite, but they fixed it immediately without question. Breakfast was fantasic. There is someone in the kitchen making real scrambled eggs! I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank spring525
Thank you for all the kind words. Its comments like yours that make me love the business I am in. We are sorry about the confusion and am glad to hear that the problem was rectified.

thanks again,

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

My wife & I have stayed here a couple of times, as have other friends & family members,when visiting an elderly relative in a local home.Both times we have had room 223 which has a kitchenette with a small hob, microwave & fridge - there is a Metro supermarket half a mile away if you don't fancy the usual local fast food joints. The king-size bed is very comfortable but the bathroom has the world's smallest whirlpool bath - no hanky panky likely! The room is spacious &, apart from some road noise, quiet.
A simple breakfast buffet is included in the reasonable price.
The receptionists seem to be different every day & range from the polite & helpful to the frankly bizarre. For our first stay we had arranged to meet friends who had booked in earlier & prepared a welcome for us after our long haul flight. When we checked in, however, the receptionist denied not only that our friends had arrived from New York but claimed that they had never even made a reservation. We went to our room puzzled while our friends, who had earlier asked reception to look out for us, waited in their room worried that we had had an accident!
On arriving for our most recent stay, I went to the desk, "Good afternoon , my name is X..." to be interrupted by, "Just give me your credit card, that's all that matters." !!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank PetroniusMinor
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are glad to hear that your overall stay was great and anything that was brought up that needs improvment will be noted and take fixed for any future guests.

thanks again,

southern ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

The Admiral Inn staff are very helpful and polite. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The location is great - easy access to restaurants, shopping, and highways. The ONLY downfall is that you can hear the traffic all night due to the close proximity to the QEW. Other than that....there is no better place in Mississauga in my books!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank luv2trvl_8
Thanks for your kind words.
We do pride ourselves in making your stay are great one.

Next time you are in the area please ask us for a room facing the north and this will remedy the noise concerns you have because fo the highway. Once in a while we do have concerns but being so close to the highway this can happen. Especially if you are used to the quite country side where you can hear a pin drop in the evenings.

thanks,