“Some Bunny loves Something Sweet 4 U!”

Something Sweet 4 U
Ranked #466 of 1,775 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My friend who grew up on the Northern tip of the Philippines was 4 months pregnant. I wanted to give her something special and found this little bakery. The ladies behind the counter kindly assisted me. I purchased a Leche Fan also known as Crème caramel. She loved it. With a great big smile, she said, "My husband will love it too!" I became more curious about the food from her country and returned to discover that the restaurant makes chicken congee! It took me a week to taste the dish (because every time I called, they ran out and was in the process of making another pot)! Finally, I tasted the garlic infused chunks of chicken congee. I loved the fresh scallions and the burnt bits of garlic. It was just as the ladies said - but better. To sample, I had the milk fish - which was very soft and a little tangy and this custard dessert - which melted in my mouth like a marshmallow. The chef began telling me how that dessert is the only one that takes him 4 hours to prepare at a very high temperature. I loved how he interacted with everyone and took interest in my very first visit to his restaurant -that was sweet of him!

1  Thank SomeBunnylovesyou

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Been here twice as I'm thinking of my office mates to try Filipino dishes. On both occassions, the teller/owner was on the phone chatting, we could have been a bit more understanding if she's taking order or answering a customer call. The 1st try was lunch and a bit busy and the next visit was just merienda where we were the only being served in the counter. In addition to "cold" customer service, on the way out, we met her on the door and never even look nor smile.

I would say is so un-Filipino. Maybe she is not.

2  Thank Raymundo905
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This restaurant is a sit down where you order your food from the counter and they bring it to the table.They have several locations but this is for the Latimer one. Open everyday, the menu presents breakfast fare ( longsilog- filipino sausage with garlic rice and fried egg - yum
dasilog - fried fish + above items
tapsilog - marinated meat with a citrus hint, nice, no fat
corned beef silog - self explanatory
tocilog - another meat but coloured red
presentation was nice and clean. They also serve arroz cal do (arroz, rice in spanish; cal do soup) similar to congee but thicker in consistency served with chicken pieces topped with slivered eggs and fried garlic- very nice;
Spaghetti, asian noodles and meat combo combinations were also on the menu. Dessert,
leche flan - heavier consistency cream caramel with sauce
Egg pie - nice texture and consistency and not sweet !! Silvanas, some sort of purple concoctions.
Ambiance was nice, clean and nicely set. Service pleasant, helpful and always with a smile.
When we arrived only 4 tables were occupied, but there was a consistent flow of incoming it got full in an hour. Will definitely go back to try the other viands.

3  Thank conjuror88