“One Dissatisfied Client”

Super 8 Mississauga
Ranked #40 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Mississauga Super 8 for a week and I had a bad experience. I was not impressed by the service or quality of the rooms. For someone who is a non-smoker, the room smelled as if it was previously a smoking room. I was trapped in their elevator for over an hour and management staff never apologized or offered compensation for the inconvenience I endured. I tried to contact their customer service office via email and mail and have yet to receive a response to my complaints.
I observed a family being given room keys for a room already occupied by another person. The family of four returned to the front desk unimpressed about the mix up. The television in my room was an old tube television and the bed was uncomfortable. I was supposed to stay five (5) weeks, but I cut my stay short after one week due to the poor conditions and my bad experiences. I am one dissatisfied client and do not plan on returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Little0ne11
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

I am sorry for you being stuck in the elevator. There was a total blackout in our area and we called the elevator company right away. We also called the Fire Department but they said they would only help if it is a medical emergency. The electricity came back within 2 hours.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Mississauga

Reviewed February 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Casey C
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Once again, Awesome stay!!!! Great weekend price... Great staff from checking in and out. Room is awesome. Quite and comfy king bed. If only I had time I would have tried their breakfast but got a flight to catch. Recommend to everyone when near Mississauga....

Room Tip: suggest non-smoking King bed in 5th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Verrosa

Hello,

Thanks for having a good weekend with us. Hope to see you in near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel was what we expected from a Super 8. Nothing remarkable but an ok place to sleep. People at Reception were very pleasant and helpful. Bathroom shower was very clean/new. Loud fan.
However, the continental breakfast (included) in the attached restaurant, the Husky House Restaurant, was unacceptable. All the utensils, including the bagel slicer and bread tongs were, in my opinion, grimy and unsanitary. I mentioned it to the server and she shrugged. She then removed the slicer. They cleaned the tables with a dry cloth and no disinfectant. The huge open bowl of butter just sat there. I have photos to illustrate my concerns but will not post them.

Room Tip: Don't eat there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindyski
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize that the breakfast experience you described. I want you to know that I have communicated the issue with the restaurant staff.

Please know your feedback is extremely important so that we can offer the best service possible to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Moin

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is located very close to the location of our function. The great price with the ample continental breakfast makes it ideal. It is very easy to book through my Wyndham ownership link. Rooms and common area was much cleaner than last time and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

It is comments like yours that help us imporve out hotel and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Moin Kamal
GM

Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Pro,s
We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last few months and found it to be very good.

The same young lady was present all three times and was very nice to deal with.

We stayed after the first time because it has a pool and exercise room to make use of and the continental breakfast is a deal breaker.

The rooms were always clean and well presented.
especially for the price point.

Cons
The fans in all the bathrooms are ridiculously noisy.
Visiting the bathroom in the night woke the rest of the family on more than one occasion.
They are really in need of attention.

Overall a job well done.
David Doney

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your stay and I am happy that you continue to choose our hotel whenever you're in the area.

Thank you for brining the issue with the bathroom fans to my attention. I will have the maintenance manager look into that right away.

I am glad you had the time to enjoy our ammenities like the pool and the exercise room.

I hope that you continue to stay at the Super 8 hotel in Mississauga on your next visit to the area.

Moin Kamal