“A little disappointed”

Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 18, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked on October 11 @ 6pm and arrived at 9pm. I booked online and confirmed with a credit card. We booked there because my BF has a course at the hotel the next morning. $119 per night for a non-smoking queen suite. I requested a crib for our 13 month old daughter.

When we arrived, the attendant informed me that our room was booked as a smoking room. He quickly changed that for us. Then he told us that there were NO cribs available for our daughter.
I was rather upset and asked what he expected me to do with our baby. He told us to "put her on the pull bed, and put pillows around her". This would make sense if she didn't already walk and climb!!

Arriving in the room, we noticed it was drab and dirty looking! I guess I shouldn't have expected much since it was attached to a truck stop!
I opened the sofa bed, and much to my surprise, I found RICE on the sheets and crumbs and chips in the between the sheets! NO HAPPY! I called the front desk and asked for clean sheets. He told me that he would be up to "look at the bed". After looking at the bed to be sure I was telling the truth maybe...he offered to change room for us.

Needless to say, this left a BAD taste in my mouth for Super 8.

The next morning at Continental breakfast, we ate TIN flavoured fruit cocktail and waffles, (which where pretty good).

At 10am I spoke with manager when he arrived. I told he about our experience from the night before. He was RUDE and didn't seem to care at all. He blamed me for booking too late to get a crib. He said that the staff doesn't have a key to the "maids area" where the cribs where. When I expressed my concern about the filthy bed linen, his reply was "well this happens sometimes".
This is place is a JOKE, DO NOT STAY HERE unless you are used to garbage!

I requested a 50% discount, to which he said, NO, you have have $10 off! LOL are you kidding me?
I left and booked at INDIGO on Carlingview for $60. What a great hotel and CLEAN! I suggest you go there!

Room Tip: Do not take kids here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mishleigh22

Dear Guest,

I apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, however as you can see from the majority of the reviews on this page, it is not what the majority of traveller's experience.

We are currently looking at purchasing more cribs for the hotel, and I would ask that when making last minute bookings such as you did, you call the hotel and enquire about the availibility of cribs. We do not have a crib for every room and unfortuneatley on the night you arrived, we had none left.

I've discussed the cleanliness of your room with our housekeeping department and once again I would like to apologize that we have failed in that aspect. I am glad that the staff member on duty provided you with another room.

We strive to provide a top notch experience for every guest, and unfortuneatley it was not the case for this stay. If you plan on returning to the area in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and give me an opportunity to serve you better.

Kind Regards,

Moin Kamal

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Neighbourhood in warehouse district. Across the street from Tim Hortons and close to highway. I didn't experience any problems. The continental breakfast was OK. The price was reasonable and relatively close to Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Situated near to Courtney Park with a multiplex cinema and numerous restaurants, and reasonably close by car to downtown Mississauga and downtown Toronto. It has a Husky gas station and truck stop attached, which is actually a bonus. The gas prices were cheaper than most other places and the restaurant was handy when you were tired and just wanted a quick meal. The reception staff are pretty helpful, the room we had was clean and comfortable, with en-suite bathroom, 2 double beds, TV with a limited number of channels (we weren't there to watch TV anyway!) free coffee and tea making facilities, free ice machine in hall and air conditioning. The (included) buffet breakfast was excellent and the indoor pool, 4 man whirlpool and exercise room are a bonus too. Plenty of free car parking outside and a Tim Horton's across the street if you get hungry out of hours. The only thing that would have made it a little better would have been a fridge in the room. The air conditioner acted as a good cooler for drinks cans and bottles though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

On the good side- It's inexpensive clean and not to far from downtown Toronto. On the downside -It's more of a truck stop with beds. The rooms were decent and except for the cigarette burns in the blankets -clean. Unfortunately once out of the room the lobby opens up to a truckers diner (complete with payphones in the booths) and gas station, not really what I was looking for in a hotel.Not a good environment if your traveling with kids for sure. Luckily we weren't there for the amenities just a place to sleep ,so it served it's purpose!!.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We as a family stayed one night in this hotel. The rooms are compact, clean and well designed.
It was worth staying there.

Room Tip: The staff were very courteous and gave late check out to us.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family