“Lunch Interview”
Review of Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,825 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Encounter a premium dining experience without formality at Canyon Creek. Introduce your palate to our signature Canyon Creek Dip or Golden Calamari appetizer. Enjoy a popular favourite like the Chicago-cut Striploin Steak, Cedar Plank Salmon or signature Slow Roast Prime Rib. We also have over 30 wines by the glass to complement your meal.
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service the pasta with shrimp and the avacado sales was delicious, the signature drinks were a great addition

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I have heard many good things about Canyon Creek. We had a table for 5 for my sister's birthday on a Saturday night at 7. Yes I understand how busy a Sat night is, but I really felt crammed in, I felt as though we were sitting with the table behind my chair and beside us! Too loud and no ambiance at all, I prefer The Keg, even on a busy night there is ambiance. The service was ok, nothing great, the appetizers were good but my Rare Classic Filet looked like an end cut and was overcooked, poor quality for $34.95. Our server came by but not till everyone was midway through dinner and I didn't want to have to wait for a new Filet and eat my dinner when they were having coffee and dessert.

2  Thank Leanne S
SIRdarce, Guest Relations Manager at Canyon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Hello Leanne,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We always strive to deliver an exceptional dining experience, and I'm very sorry to hear your visit did not meet your expectations. Our general manager would like the opportunity to apologize and invite you to return.

Hope to see you again,
Darce L, Canyon Creek

Reviewed March 10, 2017

First visit. Everyone gets many promotions and coupons in the mail but I thought this one was kind of classy. Rather than a coupon it was a gift card for $15 in a nice folder. So we decided to try Canyon Creek. We have usually been pleased at any of the SIR Corp restaurants and this was no exception. Just found out that SIR Corp stands for Service Inspired Restaurants.

First impression was not good. The hostess looked at me but did not say a word. I said “table for two please”. Still no greeting or smile. She just picked up the menus and walked away so we followed. At the booth she just stood in silence while we sat, put down the menus and walked away. But everything went uphill from there. Our server was pleasant and sufficiently attentive to not be overbearing. The drinks came quickly and our order was taken. The food was delivered by a different server who appeared to be training someone we saw following him to several tables. He had the ever present and somewhat pretentious pepper grinder. I prefer a small pepper grinder on the table so I can do it myself.

My wife has a small appetite. She had the Calamari Fritti with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli which she pronounced very good. I went for the Coffee Crusted Sirloin which is described as a 7 oz Ontario top sirloin, brown sugar, cracked pepper and coffee bean rub, barbecue sauce, onion straws, seasonal vegetables and russet potato mash. It was a perfect medium rare and very nicely presented. The sauce was excellent and the seasonal vegetables were very tasty. My wife swiped most of my golden beets. Small miss: the mashed potatoes were cold

Just short of excellent but over all a pleasant experience which we will repeat.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

We went to this restaurant for quite a different occasions. For a birthday, with a few friends... The setting was great. The food was good. The waiting staff were nice and friendly.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

Met a friend of the family for lunch. Haven't seen her in ages. Waitress was very patient with us trying to decide what we wanted for lunch in between catching up. She discreetly kept checking on us, and didn't forget us. She got our orders correct too. The restaurant is beautiful with a nice comfortable atmosphere. The only two things that need improving is 1. the young hostess needs to smile more. I didn't see her smile once I passed her twice during my visit. 2. My dishes were taken away before my friend was finished her meal. This is not proper etiquette and interrupts the natural flow of conversation. Otherwise, great time!