“Great Business Hotel!”

Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ontario
“Great Business Hotel!”
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I stayed at this hotel after staying at a Novotel in North York and it was much better and $10 cheaper too! The staff was very friendly sharing a smile each time I passed. The room was very comfortable with great decor and amenities including free in-room internet access. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean.
As for location, its nearby Pearson Airport (15min. drive depending on traffic) and the 401 and 400 are both close by as well.
Overall I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2008
2 Thank JPbombales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2007

I recently spent a night away at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. Once again I chose a "Courtyard by Marriott" because of my past experiences with these properties. I booked my room through the hotel website and didn't run into any issues with my reservation. The check-in clerk was very friendly.

My room with a king size bed was really clean and smelled wonderful. The room included a flatscreen tv, mini fridge, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, sofa w/pullout bed and a large desk. What I have noticed and commented on before about the Courtyard rooms I've stayed in is their great lighting situation. The bathroom was bright and very clean also.

The hotel is located in an industrial area so the view from my room was nothing special. You can see the airport off in the distance though. There are not any restaurants right by the hotel but a couple of main roads (Dixie and Eglinton) are just minutes away and you will find a variety of restaurants and stores there.

I can't comment on the hotel's pool, gym etc. since I did not intend to use them on this particular visit. I just wanted a good night's rest, and that's exactly what I got! My bed was really comfortable and the hotel was nice and quiet.

I recommend this property to anyone who insists on great service and a very clean hotel enviroment.

• Liked — Cleanliness of hotel, friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Not that it was important for this visit, but the view from the room wasn't thrilling.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
5 Thank Colbert_Chick
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed June 3, 2007

This is a new hotel that shares a parking lot with a Marriott Residence Inn.

I've stayed at the hotel twice and the front-desk staff has always been chipper, helpful, and polite.

The rooms are standard for this brand name which means they have enough room to move around, the bed is comfortable, the air conditioning works well, there is plenty of hot water, and it has always been quiet.

It seems to cater primarily to business travelers while if you walk across the parking lot you will find tons of families with children on vacation. I love children but I wouldn't stay at the adjacent hotel if you are on business. I went inside during breakfast just to check it out and I saw business people waiting for 7 year old Todd and Muffy to get finished scooping up their food from the buffet. You might want to carry hand cleanser with you for that one. I'm not exaggerating.

I would recommend this hotel but understand that finding a decent place to eat is not easy because of the location. The hotel does serve breakfast and it is "OK" on it's best day. In the mornings I've often had to hunt down someone to go and find the cook who is making omelettes. To say this buffet is understaffed is an understatement. But, the buffet is of an acceptable quality.
The restaurant also serves dinner but is not too exciting.

As far as finding really nice restaurants forget it. You can drive and drive within a 10 mile radius and never find decent food. However, downtown Toronto features one of the best food scenes in north america. Just be ready to fight traffic if you are traveling during commute time.

• Stayed February 2007
2 Thank djboise
Columbia, Maryland USA
Reviewed May 27, 2007

After staying here in late May 07 for 3 nights, and paying about $99 per night, I would have rated it 4 to 4.5 stars ... but the service was so outstanding (best I have ever experienced in my years' of travelling). I actually couldn't believe how the good the Marriott service here was... better even than the service I've gotten at other Courtyards and regular Marriotts.

The hotel and room are VERY VERY NEW .... the place seemed spotless from the moment you set eyes on it in the parking lot, to getting into the bed. The bed was deee-luxe, with very comfy sheets and pillows. Carpet was nice. You could tell a professional designed the room ... it was very tastefully appointed. The bathroom also was superb in every respect. From a facilities standpoint, I couldn't spot a single deficiency.

The service was absolutely amazing. The front desk ppl gave us maps, tips, offered to help, always greeted us, and much more. They didn't seem as rushed as in other hotels. Maybe because the hotel is relatively new, and not that many ppl stay there yet? Who knows, but it was awesome. Even other Courtyard employees we ran into (like in the elevator, lobby, hallway, cafe, etc. were extremely nice and polite).

The only knock I would put on this hotel is the Cafe (specifically, the breakfast). It cost $10.95 (CDN) for a hot breakfast buffet, and the eggs were pretty bad. The pancakes weren't much better, but the breakfast potatoes were good. Buffet had all other standard stuff, but nothing super great. If you don't mind a hassle, try driving down nearby (Eglinton -> Dixie Rd.), where Dixie has a bunch of eating places (Mikky D's, Tim Horton's, Wendy's, some grills.) These may be better choices on the eating side.

Another huge plus was the free WI-FI in every room (they provided the cable!). Also, there was a free Net-connected PC in the lobby, which anybody could use. Outstanding!!

It is about 25 mins to central Toronto. When doing price shopping, I figured extra distance would make up for a lesser price + a better hotel. I would recommend to anybody going to toronto (who has a car) to reserve here.

Stayed May 2007
8 Thank ibookstore
West Indies
Reviewed January 8, 2007

My friend and I stayed at the Courtyard Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre West for a few days at the end of December. We picked here, because it was recently opened. We had planned to do a bit of shopping and this was a great spot! The hotel is just minutes away from the airport and I believe they offer complimentary airport shuttle. I have stayed @ many hotels downtown Toronto and in Vaughan (some 4 or 5 star), but they do not compare.

Pros:-
Mini Fridge
Complimentary tea/coffee
Workout room, spa, pool

Cons:-

We did find some hair on our pillows (but it was changed as soon as we asked)

Breakfast buffet was disappointing - on the first morning there was only one attendant and she refused to make us eggs as we requested (though they use this as a HUGE selling point for the breakfast buffet) because she was "busy"
We were forced to eat greasy scrambled eggs and I have no idea how long they were sitting there. Though there was some variety (French toast, bacon, sausages, potatoes etc) @ $10.95 plus tax I am sure they could whip you up some hot eggs. She even yelled at my friend who was trying to operate the waffle maker - is it so hard to believe that some people actually don't know how to use an industrial waffle iron???
We decided to give them another go on our last day there, but again we were disappointed. There was no French toast, no one would make eggs to order and they ran out of waffle topping 3 days before and it was never refilled.
My advice to travelers - go to a Tim Horton’s around the corner and get a cheap, tasty breakfast with exactly what you want.
My advice to the hotel - if you are advertising something for a certain price, you MUST give people what they expect.

I should say though, that minus our sad culinary experience this is a charming place to stay. If our breakfast has been up to snuff I would give our stay a full 10. It is affordable and if you have a car an excellent spot!! Particular thank you to the young man who checked us in and gave us directions - great job.
We would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Hotel Amenities
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — If you have a car, stay outside of the city and cut down your cost of hotel!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
11 Thank roo32
Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I got the Courtyard via Priceline for a very good rate. Everything from check in to check out was perfect, the staff were very friendly, room and bathroom spotless and very comfortable. Amenities include pool, fitness room and computer in lobby. Close to airport in a quiet area.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms, everything new
  • Disliked — Nothing disliked
  • Tips/Secrets — If you can bag this hotel on Priceline, you win big.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
10 Thank NY11373
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Excellent hotel. Newly constructed, so everything is brand new. The staff are extremely courteous and accomodating on the phone and in person. The parking is free. It's close to the airport, if that is your destination. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. The mini-fridge in the room is a plus. The beds are firm and very comfortable. Overall, an amazing experience that I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Liked — The staff were extremely accomodating
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Book hotel on Priceline for best rates.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends