“Reliable, spotless, and just right...”

Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West
Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have to fly to Toronto three times a year for four days each time. About five years ago an Ontario contact found this place for me and I have not stayed anywhere else since. I travel alone on these trips. This hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport. Once at the hotel, I have always been greeted warmly and sometimes the staff have gone out of their way to welcome me, as with Andre this past weekend, whose assistance was excellent. Tanya Kooger is a great manager (we have never met), and in the past has left notes in my room or sent emails following my stay. Any complaints/concerns I have had have always had a response. I always leave money for the housekeeping staff but this is the first hotel (and we stay in a lot of hotels) where I have ever had a thank you note. I sure don't expect this, but it was very touching to me. The rooms are spotless. There are some weird things - the bar is closed on weekends. Since I am alone, I do not go to the bar, but it does seem strange that it is closed. There is a restaurant, but it also is closed for dinner on weekends. I guess this is a 'businessperson' hotel. Whatever, this is my Toronto 'home'. I always feel safe here. The shuttle driver takes me to nearby restaurants and picks me up later. Wifi is free and wonderfully reliable. Good newspapers. Cookies. Large clean rooms. It's a bit sterile, and the hotel has the world's most boring name, but I won't be going elsewhere. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TheSchindells

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights on the 4-th of July weekend as it was recommended by family members - we came for a family reunion in the area. Frankly, I wasn't sure what to expect as we have stayed in airport hotels before but was assured this place was decent. By surprise the hotel was fairly new and very nice inside. It looked inside like a more higher class marriott compared to other courtyards I have stayed at.
Outside grounds and lounge areas well maintained and clean. Buffet breakfast was great.All staff were very friendly and professional. Lots of free parking, free internet, coffee maker, fridge,cookies in the evening at the front desk,...free coffee/tea in the lobby.....newspapers.....big screen TV's......another great stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed here for one night with two friends. This hotel is newer and all the furniture, bedding, and fixtures were in good shape. There are refridgerators in the room and also I think most rooms have balconies. My only two complaints were A) the front desk staff was curt at best and B) there was a ton of trash just out side of our balcony on the roof (like cigarette boxes, lighters, a couple of beer bottles, etc). Other wise very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The lady at the front-desk named Maria welcomed us with attitude and somehow rude. It was a total turn off. However, the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Alfin F
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Service and value are this hotel's strongest points. We found a very good rate thru expedia and we made a special request for a crib that was honoured without prompting (surprisingly, a rare thing with many hotels). The hotel is well maintained and quite clean, however the bed sheets were not ironed which made me wonder if they were changed at all.

Location is not the greatest. It is in an industrial park and you need a car to get anywhere.

Rooms were quite standard, basic toiletries, but a flat screen tv was a nice touch.

Sleep quality was not the greatest in our case as the heating device was blowing very dry air into the room and it was simply too dry for comfortable sleep.

The pool is small, but warm and the hot tub was not working during our stay.

The breakfast buffet was $10.95 pp and the selection did not loook that great so we did not decide to enjoy it.

Overall, the typical Courtyard, maybe a bit better maintained than the other two we have visited in the past.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank prudenttrav
KellyAnn88, Manager at Courtyard Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre West, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear Prudenttrav,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, and I am glad we had a crib available for you. I do regret that the hot tub was not working during your stay and that you found the air too dry for a comfortable sleep. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Best regards,
Tanya Kooger, General Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is the second year in a row we have stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott before catching a flight. It is one of the less expensive hotels near the airport and delivers great value for the money. I had originally reserved at another chain near the airport and they emailed me back that it would be an extra $27 to leave our car there for the week! There is no extra charge at the Courtyard by Marriott to leave one's car for a week or use the airport shuttle. The staff are polite and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. There was complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning. The shuttle runs every half hour starting at 7 a.m. You have to drive to go anywhere for dinner and the only restaurants in this area are chains. However, if you are just looking for a good quality but inexpensive hotel to stay at before flying out from Pearson Airport, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Weswee
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I've stayed here in the past and it's really good. Front office staff are always friendly and help out... even when I came down at 2am looking for coffee creamer.

The standard king room is nice. Lots of lamps and recessed lights. Bed is comfy and no bed bugs... I checked. I even did the check that you don't want to do... checked behind the bed and stuff (since I'm a germaphobe) and nothing nasty... a few hairs but that's expected I guess. Pillows are new and nice.

No room service but Domino's and Boston Pizza will deliver to the room.

There's a 2-person pullout cot... which I didn't pull out but it was clean and fairly comfty to sit on.

Shower has a nice spray and is nice and hot. Toiletries are decent... soap is a little stinky and abbraisive but not too bad.

You know when you go to a hotel and need a bottle of water in the middle of the night... and the water is like $4.99.... so you drink chlorine-tasting tap water because you're too cheap. Don't have to really worry about that here because the water is only $2.50... still a ripoff but better than a lof of other places.

Mini fride in the room is a nice touch... it's quiet.... but doesn't get that cold. Maybe I needed to adjust the temp gauge in it but I was too lazy to look.

Small workout room onsite... nothing great but it works.

Breakfast is onsite... but not complimentary. Personalyl didn't want to pay $8.95 for a crappy hotel breakfast so I went to the Golden Griddle down the street.

Overall a great stay!