“Home away from Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga
Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked at this location a few rooms for my family since I seen prior TripAdvisor reviews. It was scored 1 of 57 in Mississauga, so had to see for myself. I have been to a lot of Homewoods before.

We arrive very early and the staff was very welcoming and unbelievable friendly! We got all our rooms ready well before time.

To my surprise when we went to our rooms in the 5th floor we felt a bad smell and very surprise to see that this is a smoking hotel/rooms - this was totally unexpected and we were very uncomfortable how strong the smell was. A totally let down without any warnings!

The rooms I felt were a bit smaller than what I am used at other hotels - we felt cramped in the one bedroom suits especially when you are a family of 4! (we had 3 rooms for all families)

At night we open the couch and were very disappointed because the covers were very dirty and contained human hair etc.. we call down right away and someone came up with no covers. They should "replace" because this is not professional to have very worn out covers not just my room but all rooms... guys it is time to replace those covers!

Internet - not happy! It is on and off downstairs at breakfast area and in the rooms in is very weak! times it works and other times just off! Not happy here!

Breakfast - Aside from the "eggs" which felt like eating rubber the rest was all good.Staff should pay attention why guest are throwing away their food "just maybe something is not right"

Location - the location is perfect and close to everything!

I do expect more for 130-150(tax in) per night from a Hotel and this hotel was not worth that.
Only the staff gets my 3 stars and the rest is a BIG ZERO!

Room Tip: This Homewood could be a lot better and surprise it scores in the top and I really don't see it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ArthurSousa
PeterBLewis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for recently being a guest of ours at The Homewood Suites Toronto/Mississauga. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your feedback. We have discussed your review with our suitekeeping team. I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. Corrective training has taken place. We also have recently added more access points that will make the internet strenth much better. Thank you for acknowledging the staff. We look forward in welcoming you back "HOME" again soon!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here - the receptionist was very pleasant and check in was very quick. The one bedroom suite was very spacious and clean. The breakfast in the lobby area is buffet style and had a lot of choice. The robust coffee was very good. The hotel is located very close to highway 401 and 407. Mississauga also has a lot of eating places and downtown Toronto is only about 30 min drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Mississauga. I too enjoy our robust coffee. We value the feedback that you provided and we look forward to your return visit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. We look forward in welcoming you back "HOME" again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My accomodations were amazing, they didn't have any regular rooms left so I was put up in a jacuzzi suite. The suite had 2 large flat screen tvs, a full kitchen, a full bathroom, a couch, a fireplace, a large jaccuzi, etc. I received a welcome package at my arrival as well. Everyday the room was cleaned and immaculate. I have to say, I've never had a better stay at a hotel. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
PeterBLewis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your feedback with others who may be traveling to the Mississauga area We look forward in welcoming you "HOME" again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had an excellent one-week stay and Homewood Suites while travelling on business. On arrival, I found they had my keycard and welcome pack ready as per earlier booking. The pack even included a surprise - chocolates, potato crisps and a bottle of water.
The rooms are clean, spacious and well furnished.
There is complimentary breakfast and a light dinner too offered Monday - Thursday.
The hotel has a fitness centre and an indoor pool. The business centre came in handy as well when I needed to print out my flight boarding pass.
I went to the front desk to request a late check-out and was told my room is already marked for late check-out as per my request during the time of the booking.

My 1 week stay has been full of pleasant surprises at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites Toronto/Mississauga. We take great pride in our hotel and its services and are glad you enjoyed your week long stay. Your insight and feedback are very important to us. It was our pleasure to be of service to you while on business. We look forward in welcoming you "HOME"again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

All around an excellent hotel with spacious, clean and well decorated rooms. My wife and I stayed at the hotel and attended a family function in one of the meeting rooms early in September 2012. The hotel is in a great place - close to the highway and is a very good value. The hotel and especially the staff - deserve all the positive reviews you read about. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Toronto airport area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PeterBLewis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thanks very much for the kind review, and we certainly appreciate the feedback. It’s always nice to hear from our guests who enjoy their stay with us, and we’re so glad you’ve chosen our hotel as your home away from home for your family function. We look forward in welcoming you "HOME" again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

First time in Toronto, first time in Canada and based on reviews here we booked 10 nights at this hotel from which to base our stay. No airport shuttle, which doesn't matter if you have car (which we had hired), which in all honesty you would need if you were to stay here on vacation. They do offer courtesy runs into Mississauga centre (where you can catch trains/buses) plus any other local destinations and there is a bus stop within walking distance. From the first moment we arrived we were not disappointed as the reception staff and all other staff at all times were friendly, helpful and cheerful. Plenty of free parking for the car. The room was fine, clean and well equipped (usual mod cons plus kitchen with full size appliances), though we would have preferred a removable shower head (or some complimentary shower caps). Doesn't bother me, but the wife doesn't always want to shower when washing her hair or doesn't always want to get her hair wet when having a shower. Free wi-fi throughout and access to two PC's (with free print and scan facilities) meant we were always in in touch and able to search out things to do. Breakfast was standard fair with the hot selection being changed daily and with a complimentary fixed hot meal offered Mon-Thur between 17-19:00. Given this, plus the fact that you will be away from the hotel for much of the time (Downtown Toronto is 30 mins way), we never used the in room kitchen facilities, though it was nice (given the length of stay) that there is an onsite laundry to wash and dry clothes, meaning you don't need to pack so much or pay the usual exorbitant hotel washing charges.

Overall a pleasant stay, and if we are ever back in this part of the world, would look no further than rebooking here.

Room Tip: If you wish to travel around you will need a car, or extra time to get to do so. There are no direct...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the staff and management at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto/Mississauga, thank you for your wonderful comments. We strive every day to provide great service to all of our guests. Your detailed description of our property is greatly appreciated. We look forward in welcoming you back "HOME" again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

this was our first time staying at this hotel... we were in mississauga for a surgery at the local hospital.
The hotel was a recommendation from a friend and I would stay again and again... the people who work there really do care and do "above and beyond'. For a family the 2 bedroom suite was great to have a common area to just hang out on couches and chairs rather than the typical 2 bed to a "room". We really did feel at "home". Special thanks to both Andrew and Darlene who were working the majority of the time we were there. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Room Tip: I would always suggest staying in a suite... makes it feel much more like home.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PeterBLewis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

I wanted to thank you for staying with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto/Mississauga. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and for tooking the time to share your experience. Please forward our thanks to your friend who recommended us to you. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to both Darlene and Andrewo and let them know what a great job they are doing. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward in welcoming you back "HOME" again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Etobicoke
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga? Share your experiences!