“An unhip place sporting extraordinary fish and chips”

Country Fish & Chips
Ranked #287 of 2,051 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Henny Bogan Does Country Fish and Chips
My all-time favourite fish and chips meal got served up in Uxbridge England and was to die for and even came wrapped up in newspaper. Country of Port Credit avoids the newspaper but is as memorable and my band of epicurists totally enjoyed the tastiness of our fish. As fish and chip joints go, this one was not just small, it was tiny, sporting just 6 tables amid an open kitchen. But it had a quality which I secretly revere in all restaurants – it was unhip. The genuineness of the place was present in its spartan décor, the small menu on the glass-topped table, the unobtrusive way the server took our orders and the foam cup containing my enjoyable coleslaw. In fact the only thing that truly impressed was the food. My fellow epicures took issue with me when I stated that the room was plain with their suggestions that the place was quaint and cottagey, resembling something from the Maine coastland. And my loyal group overwhelmed me with superlatives on the fish flavour and we all agreed on how refreshing it was to taste the halibut and the haddock with very lip-smacking results. Other items on the simple menu included onion rings, coleslaw and basic salads. Oops, almost forgot the yummy sweet potato fries and the zesty chips. Country has a popular local following with a loyal customer base and you go there just for the halibut.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank hennybogan2017

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Recently ate at this restaurant. I checked TripAdvisor 1st, reading the reviews, which recommended Country Fish n Chips. Located in the heart of pretty Port Credit! The restaurant is perfect. The staff are very nice, it's a cute place with fabulous food. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed February 27, 2017

craved fish and chips so checked out this place in port credit and it was a great place, lovely décor small and cute food and staff are amazing :)

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

Came here with the BF on saturday for an early lunch, after we were both craving fish and chips. Either of us don't eat fish and chips often, but that day we both wanted to. I know this place as i pass it all the time driving on lakeshore towards port credit and always wanted to try it out. Place is cute , very small ( about 6-7 tables ) and very bright but cozy. We arrived after noon , and a few tables were occupied. There was only one lady who served and cooked ! I assume she was the owner. We ordered one Halibut and chips(12-13$) and one Haddock and chips (9-10$) . Food arrived qucikly. I was slightly dissapointed that the dishes did not come with coleslaw , as it was extra. One small container we got was 1.50$ so not to bad , and it was yummy. Perhaps my biggest dissapointment was the tartar sauce , as it was in small standard sauce packages and not homemade. Other wise the chips were really good and the fish was fresh, flaky , soft and really yummy. We couldnt decide which fish was better as both were good . In all , everything came to 28$ ( we also got 1 can of pop) with taxes not including tip. Prices are fair , standard as most fish and chip places. I would definitely return , but i would still like to try other places before i settle down with this place as my go to for fish and chips. Place got more busier , seems popular with the locals and another server joined the floor as we were leaving. Definitely would recommend to come with family , kids and friends. They also have burgers on the menu for a real good price.Will add pictures. Happy fishing ya'll !

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 31, 2016

A very small place on south side of street bordering Port Credit.Not bad protions but fish on the lard flavor taste.Not my favorite but decent enough in a rush.

Date of visit: August 2016