“Chicken Schnitzel was amazing!”

The Golden Pheasant
Ranked #102 of 2,050 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Czech, Eastern European
Reviewed October 12, 2018

I love this place and been here three times. It's so good, I took my girlfriend's family here.

The thing I ordered on the menu was the chicken schnitzel which I had both with fries and boiled potatoes) and the soup, which I think was chicken noodle. You can request to have the schnitzel in chicken rather than with pork. They will have no problem doing the substitute. The size of the schnitzel is huge and it can easily feed two people. You can split the portion for a charge, which I think is a great idea.

Service is good and the atmosphere kind of reminds me a bit of a bar back in Poland. I would definitely come back here.

The restaurant is clean. There is limited parking but you can park on the road i believe.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Who had any encounter with restaurants menus in Central Europe and has been happy with it, would may
be even happier with food offers in Golden Pheasant. Their schnitzel accompanying with good Czech/Slovak
is awesome. Tastes great, and sizes served are huge. Girls servers are pleasant and helpful. For 100% this
place is highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The schnitzel is to die for. Portion sizes are huge and tasty as hell.

Upgrade to the potato salad, it's worth the $1.50!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Great schnitzel, my son told us about this place and he was dead on. I have never been presented with a larger dinner plate.
I would recommend this place for sure.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018

When we first entered the restaurant we were overcome by the smell of mold. They have a serious problem with it. We almost didn't stay because of it. If not for the rave review on the food by a friend of ours we would have turned around and left. The waitress was not a pleasant person; she seemed very unhappy possibly bothered by the fact that she had to work. I think she is the daughter of this family run business and she obviously doesn't appreciate customers. The Schnitzel was huge but a little on the dry side and the seasoning was a bit blan, boiled potatoes were unseasoned except for a little parsley sprinkled on top. Trying to enjoy food while inhaling the pungent smell of mold is not my idea of a good experience no matter how good the food is. I am concerned about food storage and food safety in this place... the mouldy smell is so pungent that you can't even smell any food... just mould... even when the food is right in front of you. I'm surprised no one else mentioned the problem with mold in this place. They use the front corner inside the restaurant (in front of the front window) for storage of wood, old signs, and tables that aren't being used and it is in plain view of the entire restaurant. The food was not good enough to overcome the negatives. We won't be back!

Date of visit: April 2018