“Good food, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
mississauga
“Good food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've had two meals at another Turtle Jack's (in Brampton), about which I could only say "keep your expectations low and you'll be fine." Turtle Jack's Muskoka Grill in Clarkson is a very pleasant surprise! We had lunch there today in the lounge area.

Hostess: welcoming smile; quick to greet & seat us
Waiter: fast, pleasant, helpful, efficient
Menu: varied, lots of choice, reasonably priced
Food: freshly-made, tasty, nicely presented
Music: retro, not too loud
Sports-channel televisions: easily visible without being up in my grill
Overall appearance (including washrooms): clean, very pleasant; nice new-looking furnishings
Happy diners: very! We'll be back; we`re happy to recommend this spot.

• Visited August 2013

Mississauga, Canada
“Great restaurant and renovations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After having gone to this location when it opened, we did not try again until July 2013. We were pleasantly surprised - gone were the tacky checkered tablecloths and the truck stop/"Mel's Diner" service! The updated and modern interior was warm with taste. The staff were courteous and wore black, and overall was just incomparable to the hole it used to be. The new management greeted us and ensured that we were taken care of during the entire meal! He even helped our little guy with the treasure box of toys. They had a kiddy menu and great choice of food. I had an incredible grilled chicken salad and my husband and daughter had great steak sandwiches. The only problem we encountered was that my salad came with the dressing on it, when I had ordered it on the side. Although the supervisor offered to replace it, I decided to eat it anyway, and the dressing only enhanced the flavourful salad. The price was average but the taste was better! Definitely a local restaurant that we will frequent! Great job, Turtle Jack's!

• Visited July 2013