“Not quite up to scratch”

Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #6 of 2,051 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2019

Our dinner at Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro was fine. I can’t say it was fabulous because it wasn’t.
The reason for this is probably because a few days before, we had just had dinner at the wonderful Michael’s Backdoor down the street so everything from greeting to service to food just fell a little short.
When we walked in we asked for a quiet table since two of our party had hearing problems, we were accommodated after some discussion by the two servers.
Our server was very good. She did not hurry us, either to order or to finish our meals. One thing that bothered me was that she removed the plates of those who were finished before everyone was finished eating. I probably should have said something but obviously this is not standard practice for this restaurant.
Each couple ordered Caesar salads to share. There was a big difference in size with the two salads which we found interesting. The dressing was good but other than one anchovy on each and four croutons (on ours), it made for a very plain salad.
My partner was very happy with his Veal Parmigiana as was our friend with her Chicken Piccata. Our other friend didn’t really comment on his seafood pasta. As for my seafood risotto, the risotto itself was outstanding but the shrimp, mussels and especially the scallops were tough... over cooked I guess.
The restaurant was fairly busy so I am not sure if the kitchen was overwhelmed and couldn’t cope or if this dinner was par for this restaurant. I have had lunch here and have been very satisfied.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

This was my second time visiting Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro and they did not disappoint.The food was great (wonderful variety). Staff was courteous and kind. Complimentary bruschetta and bread with dipping oil was provided to start our meal. We ordered the gnocchi (amazing rose sauce) and the veal chop (tender and tasty). Cost was reasonable for this type of restaurant. Will come again!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2019

I was part of a large group of 24 which descended upon the restaurant as our monthly Fine Dining experience. We were not disappointed. Rachel, our server, was friendly, helpful and accommodating ,in terms of split or separate bills. I had the 12 oz. steak which was cooked to perfection and others around me were delighted with their choices, be it starters, main course or dessert. Ambiance is relaxed and the house wines are just fine. Recommended.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Connoisseur-of-Life
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

We just moved in the area.. Sherwood Forrest to be exact. I wanted something new and close. We checked trip advisor and it brought us here. We were extremely happy lots of parking small town feel and great servers and cook. We had the March special menu. App dinner and dessert a great way to try the menu. No complaints dinner was great service great. Loved the Caesar Salad Hubby had the Octopus he loved it. The fish and creme brûlée. Again no complaints. Will definitely be back

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

We've always enjoyed dining at this quaint restaurant on Lakeshore Rd., Mississauga. It's one of our favourite restaurants in Mississauga.

Date of visit: December 2018