“Not at all a "spa"”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Not at all a "spa"”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

All the other rewiews about this 'spa' tell it pretty well the way it is. Had a voucher for the location in Richmond Hill. Would not go back - ever!! The staff are friendly, but the services are not at all professional. Only got a partial massage and was not given a choice of massage, as advertised. In the window it advertises "RMT" (& you are expected to tip as if an RMT), but your massage is NOT done by an RMT. The services are all done in the wrong order. For example, pedicure was done before the massage and then you're told to cover yourself with the blanket, on the massage table - which would immediately wreck your not-quite-dry nail polish. The manicure & pedicure were both badly done - polish was not to the edges, etc. Discussion of money matters, work shifts, etc. by staff - in front of clients. Not professional! The staff dress code also did not give a 'clean', 'professional' impression. And when at a spa, you don't want a lot of chatter. Was not impressed.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank YZpeople

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I wouldn't recommend it...”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The only reason I am bothering to write a review about this place is because I noticed that they just put up another Groupon advertisement (which is what I used to get services at this spa). I would discourage people from getting the Groupon for the following reasons:

- We waited until October to make an appointment, even though we had the Groupon from the summer. Several people were calling and trying to get an appointment, and their calls were unanswered and their appointments were never made. I was informed of this by the staff members there.

- The airport location is a bit of a bust. If you would like to park, you would have to pay about $30. Hopefully your appointment won't be delayed like ours was, as that may cost you more in the parking lot. We ended up taking the TTC by the way, from Kipling station. It was an efficient way to get to the airport.

Now, for our actual experience:
We dreaded going, because the reviews we read were terrible, but we wanted to take advantage of the Groupon we already purchased.

Our appointment was scheduled several days in advance, yet when we showed up, only one person was there. The other employees showed up to work late. My services began, while my partner had to wait an additional half an hour for the other employee to show up. That was unprofessional. Our overall appointment ended up taking an additional half an hour due to the late start.

The woman who serviced my massage, facial, manicure and pedicure was kind and very attentive. I felt bad for her because she was running around a lot to make sure that someone actually shows up and can run the front desk while she was busy with me. The other 2 who showed up (late) were not particularly attentive and appeared to lack basic customer service skills. They were more concerned with catching up with their private matters than providing service to the customers.

I liked the massage and the facial. My manicure, unfortunately, started peeling off almost immediately, and the polish from my big toes came off on my socks once I came home (this is after I let it dry for about 45 minutes at the salon). So that was sort of disappointing. I am not exactly a "spa" person so I don't know what the standards should be. I've only had these services done before in third world countries abroad, and I must say that comparatively, Vaccaro lacked in both customer experience and quality of service.

PS - HST must be paid there as well, not to mention a tip. The $60 service ends up costing quite a bit more once you factor in the parking, and those additional costs.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Bananas2985
Brampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't be alarmed by other postings”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went to this spa on the weekend and was frankly dreading it based on the posting from September. I've been to other spa's before and I can understand some of the comments from the other person posting, but overall I did have an enjoyable experience. The person who performed my services was friendly and competent, no she was not a "registered massage therapist" but my massage was relaxing. The product used were in keeping with any place else I've visited. My manicure and pedicure were fine,no rusty implements to be found...

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Leanne12345Brampton
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Vaccaro Angel Spa at the Sheraton Gateway”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

DO NOT go here!! It is NOT a spa - it is a couple of woman ill-qualified to even do nails. There are NO massage therapists, the receptionist rubs your back...ya really...the facial is a JOKE and the nail polish from my mainicure peeled off the NEXT day. The place is dirty, services split into two VERY small rooms, the supplies old and names you have never heard of before, there's junk lying everywhere, odd pictures on the wall, dirty, dusty fake plants...the whole nine. I was afraid to let them put any of the rusted clippers, etc. anywhere near me. To make things worse the women argued with eachother, one would disppear and so the other would have to answer the phone, etc. while she was doing treatments...unreal. I would have walked in and turned around and left had I not been holding a gift certificate for my birthday...what a disappointment!!

Sheraton - I have never stayed at this hotel but if you let this go on in your property and recommend this place to your guests I NEVER will.

ps. you have to pay $30 parking for the delight of this experience...

8 Thank toner888