“Your friendly neighborhood restaurant”
Review of Port 229 Artisan Bistro - CLOSED

Port 229 Artisan Bistro
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Dover, Canada
“Your friendly neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Port 229 is located in Port Credit ... it's a small and cozy restaurant. I took my group of 21 there recently for brunch, after which we had a hike on the Waterfront Trail.

When I first made the reservation, I was pleased with the friendliness of the lady who took my call. Very helpful and accommodating. Closer to our event day, I called once more to finalize the group number. Kevin, one of the owners, sounded friendly and helpful, too.

On brunch day, after 15-20 minutes from ordering, the food started coming out. And they all looked so appetizing and colourful ... steak and eggs, crepes smothered with fruit. Everyone's order were served but our table was the last. It was worth the wait ... I had poached eggs and bacon and potatoes. They were all perfectly done, and so was the toasted bread.

Kevin chatted with us for a bit and even narrated some of his outdoor pursuits, which is what my group is all about.

This place is worth going back to not only because of the reasonable brunch prices and the endless coffee but more so for the attentive and friendly service.

I have to check out their dinner menu, too. Looks very delish!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank KathleenR_28

Toronto Ontario
“Beautiful place for Breakfast and Brunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great food with great service! The restaurant is very small but the food is delicious. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely.

2 Thank Contented00
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality and value”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've been here a few time in the last few weeks and have enjoyed it each time. Daily specials are always interesting. The quality of the food and wine is great for the price. The service is casual but attentive and friendly.

1 Thank big D 61
Mississauga, Canada
“Good restaurant in Port Credit”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a good restaurant in Port Credit. I like the small privately owned spots and this is one worth visiting. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and it was tasted great and the service was excellent. (I think it was the owner). All the food is made fresh so you can't go wrong with anything that you order. Give it a try you will be glad you did.

• Visited August 2012