“Love Italian food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Love Italian food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely enjoyed the food. We ordered fettuccine carbonara and pene alla vodka. The staff was very attentive and explained the dishes with Passion. Thanks to all who posted good reviews for this restaurant as that's what encouraged us to try it. Very happy we did.

2 Thank Rosemary S

Toronto, Canada
“Very bland food!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went here for a nice dinner out because we were really in the mood for pasta. All the food we had was extremely bland and tasteless. We ordered the rice balls to start and they were luke warm and very gluey - when asked why we didn't like them we politely let our waiter know we thought they were gluey, he said it was because it's risotto inside - as if risotto is meant to be gluey?! For our mains it was an up charge for pasta as a side and then you got a tiny bowl of pasta not even on your plate...and the pasta was so bland and tasteless it was unbelievable!

The only good thing was the staff was very nice, courteous and attentive. The atmosphere is also very cozy. I can see the potential but the food needs a total overhaul.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jennifer G
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Time!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just had our company Christmas party there and can't say enough about the food and the service. Every employee said this was our best party ever, and I've been with the company for 20 years. Jess made organizing it so simple for me this year and basically made us feel that the restaurant was our second home. Chef Nico even promised to send me his recipe for Amaretto Shrimp. They were divine. Did I mention the staff were great, they made everyone feel like family (okay I had everyone wear name tags, so that made it easy for them and also for our employees spouses), but the staff was great.

If you looking for a great place to hold a function, whether it is a baptism, communion, anniversary, Christmas party or anything, Mondellos won't disappoint.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Scotswop
Mississauga, Canada
“AWESOME ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN STREETSVILLE”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I went to Mondellos with two (2) other couples for a night out. We heard alot of great things about this place and we wanted to check it out ourselves. The food and service was fantastic. You could tell that everything was fresh and made to order. I had the braised beef ravioli.(Fresh handmade ravioli stuffed with Chianti braised beef). So fresh and such an amazing taste. The five (5) others in the party had various dishes and they all gave rave reviews. We also enjoyed that we were able to bring in our own wine. Just a $15 corkage fee. Brought a nice Amarone. Great way to save a few bucks on fine wine.
We all said that we will definitely go back there again. As a matter of fact our office has booked our Christmas lunch here. Can't wait to get back.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank 77DICK
Mississauga
“Most Amazing Service Ever”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I visited Mondello this past Saturday with my teenage daughter and her girlfriend for a girls "Pasta" night. My neighbours went there the night before and raved about the service and recommended making a reservation. Our reservation was for 6:00pm and we were seated right away. There were only a few tables occupied at that time, but by 7:00 the place was packed! And now I know why....not only was the food fantastic, but the service was really the best I have ever had! The hostess seated us, another person let us know about the wine and who our waiter would be, the waiter was very knowledgeable and always had a smile on his face and our bus boy ensured that all was cleared or topped up. Wow....a very smooth operation in a very quaint, warm little restaurant. The walls and ceiling are painted a dark cozy colour, there's a fireplace near the front and sparkly ceiling and wall sconces. They even have a little booth at the back and a banquette along the front side wall with cozy throw pillows. We started off with bread & olive oil/balsamic for dipping, then we shared a Caesar salad (very fresh) and we each had the Linguini Alfredo......very creamy, hot and a great portion. The price was reasonable and the quality impeccable. Will definitey be back for a romantic dinner with my hubby where I can indulge in some appetizers, wonderful wine, espresso and desert in the cozy private booth. Highly recommended!!!!

• Visited November 2013