“Good For Park and Fly ”

Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Kitchener
“Good For Park and Fly ”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel the night before out trip to Mexico. Payed 169.99 for the night which included parking for the week. Just a heads up parking is not actually at the hotel like some if the hotels have in this area. It's a the value park garage across the street. Not a big issue just a lot of walking back and forth especially if you need to use your car. Hotel room clean and beds very comfortable. Almost reminds you of sleeping in a ikea store. Rooms kind of on the smaller side. Overall great choice for a quick overnight stay before an early morning flight.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Airport.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and that you had the opportunity of taking advantage of our Sleep & Fly package that we offer here. I was also very pleased to hear that you found the comfort of our hotel beds to be very comfortable.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Nicolas Lazarou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had an overnight layover in Toronto so I booked this hotel due to the proximity to the airport, price and reviews. It was not easy to find- two different airport staff gave me different information which caused me to wait outside by the shuttle stop C22 which is not correct. To reach the hotel go to the third floor, follow signs to hotel and take the train. This hotel is run by a young staff but they were helpful. The room was clean and had all the basic necessities. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet despite being right at the airport. The décor is modern. I didn't like the dark colors in the room but I guess that will help you sleep. There is a mini deli/kiosk downstairs which was overpriced on everything. It is a great hotel to overnight when needing to catch an early flight and it is not very expensive so that is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank GrisGrisNewYork
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. I am sorry that you had some trouble finding your way to the LINK train on your arrival at Toronto Pearson Airport. It is possible that the Airport staff that you spoke to may have thought that the temporary shuttle that was in operation for some time last year was still running. Hopefully on your next visit this will not be an issue as you now know how to get to the LINK train service.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Montreal
Reviewed May 31, 2014

First stay at a purpose built Alt hotel (had tried the retrofitted one in Québec City). This is exactly, precisely what I'm looking for when traveling for business. I do not need a pool, a bath or an extra large room. What I do want is pleasant and fresh surroundings and most importantly, bedding as good as I get when splurging on a leisure trip. This is exactly what Alt delivers. Extremely trendy design, nicely laid out rooms and super clean. If I only had one con it would be the staff. Both at check in and check out, I didn't feel the welcome I'd expect. Small thing given how happy I was with the rest. Oh and, clearer indication from the Link station on how to get to the hotel would be nice. I had to search a bit. Please open one up downtown Toronto!

Room Tip: Am picky about noise. Not a worry here. Was right by the elevators and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank steilkurve
Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to hear that you very much enjoyed our product and facilities and the comfort of our bed. However I was sorry to read that you did not receive a positive welcome from the team at arrival and that your departure was equally not as positive. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in service that you received on this occasion from the front office team.

Rest assured I will be speaking with the Front Office Manager so that we can take the necessary actions so as to ensure this is not repeated again on your next visit.

With regards to opening one up in downtown Toronto, if we find a suitable location I am sure we would consider it.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was the perfect for an overnight stay in Toronto. So easy to get to from the airport, on the shuttle sky train from terminal 3 to terminal 1.

The room was very modern, just like the photos. Excellent bed quality. Excellent bathroom. Wi-fi in the room was good. There's no room service but you can go down to the lobby where there is food and drink which can be purchased and eaten in the café area or taken back to the room. I have stayed in many hotels close to airports and this one is the best so far. It took me less than 10 minutes to check out and check in for my next flight.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Gallusb
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

London, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Alt Hotel recently prior to flying from to Toronto on vacation. The hotel is very modern, I would describe it as industrial-contemporary style. The check-in process was easy. We were using the park, sleep & fly option and obtained a pre-authorized parking chit upon arrival, so we didn't have to check back in with the hotel upon our return. The room was very modern, the bed provided superior comfort and the bedding was luxurious. It would have been nice to have a microwave in the room but there is access to one in the lobby. We had an early morning flight and, although there is no direct access to the Skytrain, it is only a short walk across a paved access path. Hopefully, this would be plowed in the winter months or it could be difficult dragging luggage down the path. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pipermj
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and in particular found the comfort of our beds and our location to be very good.

Whilst we are a very short walk from the front door of the hotel to the train I can definitely confirm that yes the pathway is plowed in the winter to make for easy access to the LINK train with any luggage that our guests may have.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great room, nice modern bathroom...but front desk man (night of May 16) was not very friendly or helpful at all! Checked in, but had to wait for him to finish his chit chat with some female staffers...then my reservations came with a $10 certificate for the cafeteria, but he didn't even present it to me at check-in, I had to go back down and ask for it. This guy should not be working at the front desk! However the guy working at the cafeteria was very nice!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ylc25
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the room and the overall product of the hotel, however I am very sorry to hear that the receptionist who checked you in on your arrival was not friendly.

Rest assured I will be speaking with the team in regards to your experience and ensure that we take the necessary actions to avoid this from happening again in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

well travelled Ontarians
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Living an hour and a half from the airport, 6:30 AM flights drive us crazy but we regularly have to make them. We've used many other solutions but the ALT is our savior.
No waiting for transfer buses at 4:00 AM or on the way back.
A purpose built hotel where everything in the room is just where you need it.
A price including parking for up to a week that brings the rate to $59 a night currently.
Not a hotel to spend time in but perfect for passing through. Too bad there aren't more like this around.
Comfortable an classy.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moebus
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and that the Alt has become your savior in those early morning flights that you take.