“A great room on short notice.”

Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Kingston, Canada
“A great room on short notice.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

After a very long night due to a delayed flight I landed in Toronto at 7:00am. Exhausted, I tried to check in to the Sheraton Gateway (I stayed there the night before my departure) but they were fully booked. The person at the desk referred me to the ALT Hotel and I am very glad they did.

I hopped back on the link train and was there in just a few minutes. Not having a reservation I had to check in at the desk but the self check in kiosk looks like it would be very easy to use.

They had a room on the 12th floor available at only $85 for the day (I was allowed to stay until 6pm). While the room was tiny it was also perfect for a short stay. It was remarkably quiet for a day time stay and nothing disturbed my sleep.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone with a layover. It is easily accessed from the airport and appears to have lots of available parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Airport.

Being delayed by the airlines is never a pleasant situation to be in however I was very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a room so you could get some well-deserved rest and very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again in the future, perhaps your next visit will be a planned one.

Nicolas Lazarou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had the pleasure to be able to stay at the beautiful boutique hotel adjacent to Pearson airport
We were greeted by a friendly staff member .They welcomed us and explained to were we could
park our car for an extended 10 extra days.After that they showed us were to get snacks and drinks.Very close to the train shuttle to the terminals .Easy and quick.The room was clean and
had a great view.If you are are looking for a great close to the airport hotel we would highly
recommend this hotel.Keith I

Room Tip: It would appear that all the rooms are great .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith I
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at the hotel Jan 15, 2014. We had initial trouble with the first room assigned to us. Shower control was literally falling off, must've become lose or something. We were assigned a new room. Room itself was on the small side vs. other hotels but I really really started to enjoy the space as time passed. You can tell the hotel put a lot of thought in the design process when putting together the room.

Entry closet had mirrored finish which was a nice touch. Everything in the room had alt's logos which I found quite a nice and professional touch. Fixtures in the bathroom were very high end, and good quality. I know this because I am in the bath industry and could really appreciate good fixtures. Everything worked as you'd expect and most importantly all the fixtures were practical to use.

I really enjoyed the "different" feel in the room. There were a lot of things out of the ordinary which I enjoyed. Such as a bench in the bathroom. Gave it that spa look & feel and gave me a nice space to lay my suitcase and access my personal items. I also appreciated the full size shampoos and hand soaps in their dedicated holders. It was a nice homey feel to not have to open the small tiny containers that you always get everywhere else.

The sink was nice and large. I was actually able to wash my face without getting any water residue all over which you normally get everywhere... quite annoying to see even though it'd not your house. There were hooks provided in bathroom to hang your towel which was nice, as opposed to throwing them to the floor.

I liked the reflective wall in the shower which allowed light from the room to come in to the shower area.

Bed itself was ok, could've been a tad more comfortable. Pillows were fine.. i'm a great sleeper so had no issued but my partner was a bit on the achy side in the morning. Nice corner unit with great city views which were enjoyable. Hotel could have benefited from having King beds... that was a big drawback for myself... one thing that I would definitely change. I can tell it was likely due to limited space in the units but it's something that I think most travelers could enjoy.

In summary, small room with all your basic needs with luxurious touch. Just enough space/storage. Wall hung tv which was great and concealed cables, very clean and modern design. Well thought out. Would definitely recommend.

I didn't personally go to the bar area but did notice that it was quite nice, in the first floor of hotel. Looked very fancy and nightclub-ish.

Room Tip: I'd get the package with parking including to save $5, otherwise you'd pay $15 instead of th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NadiaR83
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for all the great feedback you have provided to us on the product of the hotel.

I do apologize for the trouble that you had with your initial room, but again I was pleased to read that the team were able to find you an alternate room.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future with a hope that on your next visit you have the chance to enjoy our bar area.

thunder bay
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is located just steps away from the entrance to the viscount street airport train stop. No need to wait for a shuttle, just get on the train at which ever terminal you land at and you are there! Just maybe buy some snacks and drinks at the airport before you go, as they are very expensive at the hotel, and limited in choice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sunandsandseeker
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and more importantly enjoyed the fact that we are connected to the terminals via the LINK train service thus removing any wait for a shuttle bus.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Nova Scotia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Accessed via the Link Train. Easy to find. You do have to walk about 1000 feet out doors to get to the front door. The building is modern and the building is well maintained. Our room was a decent size. The room was very quite. We could barely hear the planes. We will return to the Alt!

SEE OUR VIDEO ON YOU TUBE CHANNEL: nwaynesworld

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and found our rooms to be extremely quiet.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here before an early flight out of Pearson Airport (YYZ). The rate was right so I booked it and was not disappointed. The facility is modern and the room was really nice. A big TV and a modern bathroom. No complaints with the bed. Free WiFi Internet is included in the rate.

In the main lobby there is a decent size snack bar which is more than adequate. Front desk staff were friendly and gladly answered all my questions.

Would return if needed to stay again near the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and more importantly found the staff at the front desk to be very friendly.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regina, Saskatchewan
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, although it was only for a few hours during an overnight layover at YYZ. Hotel was super convenient (accessible from the airport via the free tram), very modern, clean and had very comfortable beds. Our only minor complaint was that there was a strange knocking we could hear in our wall or floor. We were able to drown out this noise by turning on the fan in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I was sorry to hear that you had some disturbance from a knocking noise outside your room but very pleased to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future and hopefully next time you will be able to spend more than just a few hours at the property.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.