“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
Quebec City, Canada
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I had an overnight stopover in Toronto. It is located close to the airport. There is a free shuttle bus that takes you to the hotel from the airport (temporarily replacing the LINK train). The lobby is modern and the staff at the reception was cordial. However, they should know a little bit more about the airport shuttle service or transportation to downtown. They were willing to look it up on the internet for me (but I was expecting them to already know about those basics information). The room was small, but the modern design makes the room efficient. It was also really quiet, without noise from the others room or from inside the room (ex. Air conditioning) which was much appreciated! The bed was comfy with good linen. The bathroom was spacious. Overall, it’s a nice hotel with a good price value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicolas L, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are indeed very conveniently located and the shuttle bus makes it very easy to go from and to the airport. I’m glad that you enjoyed the design of the rooms and appreciated it’s quietness; we know how important a good night of sleep is for our guests!

I’ve addressed your concerns with the team in regards to downtown transportation and we’ve made sure to have our tools handy for the next inquiry.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stopover!

Kind regards,
Marie Boissonnault

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had a 12 hour lay over in Toronto and my plan had been to sleep in the airport. I saw an ad for the Alt hotel and decided to check it out. You get to it on a free shuttle and it runs from terminal 1 and 3. The room, with tax was around $140 and I decided it would be worth the cost to get a good sleep. The room was very quiet (could not hear any airplanes taking off or landing) and the bed was super comfortable. The design is a modern, funky look. The food options are quite limited. In the lobby there is a "lounge" where you can get drinks and food, but the food is what you would find in an airport kiosk...microwaveable, mediocre and very expensive. If you are getting off a flight where you weren't fed, you might want to find an option somewhere else for food. I'd stay again if I had a long layover, but plan for the food situation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary N
Dear WadiRun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m glad that you were able to rest with us during your layover and that you enjoyed our design and the comfort of our beds. One of the ALT advantages is it’s unique pricing and you can therefore expect the same rate next time you are in Toronto! We certainly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back shortly. In the meantime, we are working on an alternative for our menu and look forward to having your comments on your next visit!

Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is perfect for a night at the Pearson airport!

I stayed at the Sheraton before but liked this placed much more. The service was top notch and the beds were so soft and cozy. I had a hard time sleeping on my long flight to Europe because I got too good of a sleep the night before!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marie B, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear guest,

I’m sorry to hear that you were not able to sleep on your flight but so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the softness and coziness of our beds. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments; I will make sure to share your good words with the rest of the team!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My company generally uses the Sheraton Gateway for meetings, but lately we've been trying out the Alt. It is a good alternative, reasonably priced, with meeting facilities more modest than the Sheraton, but perfectly adequate.

There is no restaurant on site. There is a small bar/snack bar in the lobby. For meetings, they wil cater meals, including breakfast, and it works well.

Will be connected to Pearson vial rail some day... For now they run a free shuttle. It's a little confusing to get there by car...and if you are arriving by cab from the city, make sure your driver knows how to get there. Twice I've had a driver lost for 15 minutes wandering around trying to find the place.

Rooms are small, streamlined, super efficient, with European styling and energy efficiency. Beds are very comfortable, though the desk chair and arm chair...not so much.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub as well as a shower, make sure you ask. Otherwise you may end up with a showe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are very happy that you’ve considered giving us a try and even more to see that you enjoyed this new ALTernative including our rooms and our meeting facilities and our energy efficiency!

We are indeed very much looking forward for the LINK train to be back in service which should be this fall.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back shortly!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Due to a re-routing we enended up in this hotel which turned up to be a success. New hotel concept which I enjoyed very much. The berakfast shop was a superb idea where you could buy what you felt like having.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CJAlmeby
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

PEI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

WestJet generously put us up at this hotel because our travel plans were disrupted. What a pleasant surprise. After four weeks in Europe, staying in cramped rooms and meeting too often with surly service, this was like paradise. The room was spacious and clean, the staff was personable, and the lobby was outstanding.

Transit to Pearson is free and convenient. This hotel became at once my default option for any Toronto layover.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jjpPei
Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry that your travel plans were disrupted by WestJet but I am very pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us at the Alt.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future on a more planned visit.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I overnighted in this hotel for about 8 hours but I' m. Very happy for my choice, the hotel is comfortly located along the airport shuttle route so you don't have to pay a taxi or walk to reach it an airport monorail is under construction and as soon as the line will be ready they remove the bus service.(anyway the hotel is locate just beside the station).
The room was clean,elegant,new and well designed.
Absolutely no noise and very confortable matress and linen.
I asked for high floor and close to the elevator and tghey satisfy my request.
The service is on the average, I stayed just for one night but I think that as to be improved a bit anyway the check in was very quick.
For the rate that I paid, 148$us tax incl, I expected that the breakfast was included but was not.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Umbyg
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit and stay with us in particular the comfort of our rooms and service of the front desk team.

I am sorry that you were disappointed in that the breakfast was not included in the rate, at Alt Hotels we offer one unique price throughout the week which includes complimentary Wifi throughout the entire hotel. Our Food & Beverage offer is a grab & go solution called Altcetera and our guests have a wide range of choice items that they can choose from at a very reasonable price point.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.