“Modern, Uber close to YYZ (on a tram), 4 Points Meets Aloft”

Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Loved this hotel. A great, modern hotel. I stayed during the $99/night special which was a no brainer when hotels like Best Western / Holiday Inn were more. I stayed and usually stay in anything from places like 4 Points or Westin. It's pretty much the same thing as a 4 Points and pretty close to a Westin. No pool or restaurant. Clean, comfortable beds and pillows (think 4 Points / not quite as comfy as the Weston beds), and free wifi that was pretty fast (streamed Netflix without any lagging). Would love for parking to be included but $15/night isn't too bad if the price / night stays pretty low. Their shampoo, soap and conditioner are in pump bottles that they refill. Only a big deal if you're a germ freak. Had iPhone speaker radio/clock combo.

Room Tip: The single bed rooms are much smaller than the double bed rooms. If you're huge on having more s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the new Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and managed to take advantage of our fantastic promotion that we are currently running.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport

995 - 1,001 of 1,070 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Everything was great as per several reviews. My only concern is the reusable soap pumps etc. I don't know if any disinfection of the pumps are done and how thorough and if the ingredients have been altered After the Marketplace segment on hotel cleaning I am a bit more carefull. I will follow up with mgrs. Next time.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jiggylube

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the New Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. With regards to the concern you had with our amenity soap pumps I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that all of the dispensing pumps are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with great care. Guests who stay in hotels should expect that their property of choice has in place high cleaning standards and I am happy to say that this is one standard that we take great pride in.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and if you would like to discuss our process for cleaning I would be happy to discuss this with you in more details on your next visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed overnight during an awful set of 3 Air Canada flights. As others have said, the hotel is really conveniently located at the end of the loop train (Viscount stop) with a very short walk to the front door, all very easy with wheeled luggage. Check in staff were friendly and efficient (Air Canada staff could learn a thing or to from the hotel staff!). The bedroom - for $99 - is delightful and modern cleverly using different surfaces so that the exposed concrete walls insome areas are not overpowering. The bed and bedlinen were super-comfortable. Although I dined with a friend at a nearby hotel restaurant the grab-and-go fare from Altcetera was welcome in the morning (and good quality - indeed it sustained me through the dreadful food service on AC flight to London Heathrow!).

Suffice to say- this is exactly what you need for an overnight stay at an airport, proximity, good service, good quality accommodation and great value. Well done Alt. Highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DDFA

Dear Reviewer,

Whilst I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble with Air Canada prior to your arrival at the hotel I was pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with some well deserved comfort during your stay at Pearson Airport.

I was also very pleased to hear that you found our food offering in Altcetera for breakfast of good value and choice.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and hope that you have the opportunity of sampling our dinner offering on your next visit to the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

When I saw last year that they were building a hotel in the Viscount discount parking lot , I laughed - who would want to stay in a parking lot?!??! However, I had the chance to stay at Hotel le Germain in downtown Toronto this fall, where they advertised the new ALT as their discount brand. I was intrigued enough to try it. I've stayed at Alt twice in the last month, once after a very late flight by myself and once with kids the night before a very early flight. The place scores 10/10 for convenience, comfort (beds and pillows are great) and grooviness (as one would expect with a Hotel le Germain franchise). This place is no frills but stylish. No big lobby but cool lounge with PCs, Macs and a fireplace. No restaurant but a cafe/bar for anything from light breakfast to drinks in the evening. Rooms have 1 or 2 excellent beds with a variety of pillows depending on your request. No pool or nightclub, but that's not what you want when you are just going from flight to bed or vice versa. Despite the airport locale, it was reasonably quiet. Plus there is just one price, no sales, no gimmicks. Soon to be offering stay and park packages. I will definitely be taking advantage of that option. Park at the hotel, sleep, get on the monorail for the terminals without returning to your car. The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5/5 rating is check in. I reserved online and got confirmation emails but for both visits but each time, they couldn't find my reservation. They knew I needed a hypoallergenic pillow and preferred a higher floor, but could not find my reservation. Fifteen minutes to check in is just too much. But, the hotel is new and staff training may be the issue. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Thank Dr.Mom67

Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and very pleased to hear that you have now stayed twice. I am very sorry to hear however that we were un-able to locate your booking on your arrival.

Indeed our location is fantastic being that we are literally connected to the airport via the new Tram Link train that takes passengers to each terminal. This is ideal when catching an early morning flight and certainly is much more attractive than having to wait for shuttle bus transportation to take you to your destination.

In regards to your booking not being found on your arrival, rest assured that we will be looking into why this has occurred so as to ensure it is not repeated again in the future. Should you wish to discuss this in more detail please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

As a frequent traveller who spends many nights in airport hotels my preference is to avoid shuttles and find hotels that are physically attached to or within walking distance of the terminal. For many years the only option at Toronto Pearson’s Airport has been the Sheraton, which is a good hotel if somewhat dated. The recently-built and well named Alt is an excellent Alternative to the Sheraton. To get to the Alt you take the inter-terminal train to the parking structure at the end of the line, and then it is a short walk to the front door (why that connection hasn’t been enclosed or at least covered is a mystery, but no big deal). The Alt is a low-cost concept by the group who operate Le Germaine Hotels, a high-end Canadian chain. The hotel interior and amenities have clearly been driven by budget considerations, but with sufficient flair to make them an enjoyable and fresh experience. The lobby is attractive, the rooms are well designed and pleasant, and the finishes are creative, although the extensive use of imitation wood-laminate looks a bit cheap and will probably wear poorly. The “restaurant” provides self-serve pre-packaged foods, with nothing particularly exciting, but quite acceptable for a quick snack. Recommended.

1  Thank Architectandmusician

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and found the design and feel of the hotel of very high standing. We are very excited to have been able to bring this fantastic new concept hotel to Pearson Airport and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The problem with staying anywhere but the Sheridan at Terminal 3 for a layover is that it was always $50 in cab fare return trip if you were staying at any of the other places close to the airport. Plus the wait for the cabs on both ends which can be annoying. Therefore the Sheridan became a better deal. Now with the Alt and their $99 rate, I save anywhere from $70 to $100 per night. To get to the Alt, you do have a short outdoor walk, about 100 yards. The queen size bed was very comfortable with great linen and lots of good pillows. You can't get dinner or breakfast there, but the Sheridan is only 6-10 minutes away. Nice 10' ceilings give it an airy feel. The shower had a high shower head which is good for the taller traveler, and there was plenty of water pressure. Which can be in short supply at some hotels with their water savers.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker and it's winter, tuck around the corner of the building to get out of the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Marie B, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the good pillows. The free link train offers indeed a convenient access to the airport.

I’m sorry that you were not able to grab something to eat as we do offer a grab and go service with quality food made with fresh ingredients. The Altcetera offers you everything you need from breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between. Please don’t hesitate to ask one of our team member on your next stay, we will be happy to show you the different options available.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Marie Boissonnault

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stuck waiting at YYZ to check in due to a delayed flight, so we took the airport link train to its stop at the Alt hotel. Spent a few hours in the lounge. Great atmosphere, lots of comfortable seats, tv, newspapers, food options and a pool table. Shuttle train ride here was very convenient and free. You can spend time here with baggage comfortably and without difficulty. Great service. Next time I stay in a hotel at the airport, I will choose Alt!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank suz71

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.

I’m sorry that your flight transportation has caused you trouble but I’m delighted to hear that you were able to make the best out of it by spending time with us. The access to the link train is indeed very convenient and allows you to enjoy our facilities rather you are sleeping over of just passing time.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back shortly in our lounge or for the night!

Marie Boissonnault