“Great lounge area, convenient to YYZ”

Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Eastern Passage, Canada
“Great lounge area, convenient to YYZ”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stuck waiting at YYZ to check in due to a delayed flight, so we took the airport link train to its stop at the Alt hotel. Spent a few hours in the lounge. Great atmosphere, lots of comfortable seats, tv, newspapers, food options and a pool table. Shuttle train ride here was very convenient and free. You can spend time here with baggage comfortably and without difficulty. Great service. Next time I stay in a hotel at the airport, I will choose Alt!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank suz71
Marie B, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.

I’m sorry that your flight transportation has caused you trouble but I’m delighted to hear that you were able to make the best out of it by spending time with us. The access to the link train is indeed very convenient and allows you to enjoy our facilities rather you are sleeping over of just passing time.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back shortly in our lounge or for the night!

Marie Boissonnault

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Meaford, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was excited to discover another kind of hotel in the Pearson Toronto Airport district, because travel always includes a three-hour drive...just to take my flight. Recently, I stayed at Alt and love the streamlined guest experience they offer. No extra fluff, no unnecessary details - from the moment you check in until you find your room, it's a very novel hotel concept. Their media wall is fascinating, the self-serve food court in the lobby is open 24/7, they make a great cuppa as you fly out the door in the morning (no in-room coffeemakers/mediocre brew) or a rewarding drink if you arrive late at night. Smart work area (all plugs are on tabletop), great overhead reading lights/bed, amazing bedding (choice of feathers/non-allergenic), fabulous bathroom (no tub but a great rainfall shower head), generous body products (no more fussy little bottles) and best of all? Gone is the heavy, space-consuming furniture you find in most hotels. Félicitations ! Must try the aerial train to the airport next time I'm there - I noticed the entrance to its departure area is right by the lobby.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same! No preferential treatment here - we're all treated to the same exper...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank December2012984031
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the new Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and in particular found our style of property to your liking. The Alt Hotel is a new concept hotel where we focus on ensure the basic luxuries are in place, e.g. good location, great service and a very good night sleep in one of our fantastic quality beds.

Once again we appreciate the comments and we do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Delta, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I needed a room unexpectedly. This hotel is close by the airport train. I was told that all rooms are the same price, no senior discount, etc. It was new, so appealing that way - quiet, clean, comfortable bed. If I had a room-mate I wouldn't really like the glass wall from the shower into the main area. Every imaginable type of plug in is there for the tech people who want these. t took me a while to understand the light switches. I found the bed base more square than the round cornered mattress and so I bruised my legs three times when I passed the end of the bed. There is no coffee maker in the room, no free breakfast. I wouldn't stay there again because I thought the room very small and expensive, although attractive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the new Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I am sorry however that you did not feel that the product was to your overall liking. Alt Hotels offer a new no frills hotel experience to our guests. Ensuring a good location, excellent service and a very good night sleep are only some of the basic luxuries that we focus on. All of this at one set price throughout the year makes the Alt Hotel a great alternative choice property for those who are looking for something a little different.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and we do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the property in the future. Perhaps on your next visit you may want to try our Versatile Room which is actually twice the size of the room you had stayed in and has two queen size beds.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I missed a connection, so AC put me here overnight. Pleasantly surprised! Very convenient, 5 minutes from the terminal via the free train. I'd definitely stay here agin, if I missed a connection, or had an early morning flight! Modern 'IKEA' feel to the hotel and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the New Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

Whilst we were sorry to hear it was due to a missed connection I was very happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future and with a hope that your next visit will be a planned one.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

There is no comparing the ALT Hotel to any other accommodation at Pearson airport. Why would you choose plain and monotonous over modern and hip?

The best is not only the most comfortable I have slept in, in all of Toronto, but admittedly all over the world. I travel for a living and have never slept in a more comfortable bed.

The bathrooms are just right and I loved the Argan oil products. Having literally just returned from a trip to Morocco, I was impressed as I knew how rare and expensive the product really is.

The rest of the hotel is beautiful. The hanging chair in the lobby is fun and the food that you can choose to buy was really tasty. I had a chicken panini while I worked from the seating area.

Seriously, worth the trip out from the city, even if you're not flying out anywhere.

Room Tip: Get a double room if you're staying with a friend or family--the showers have glass walls in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Marie B, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share those great comments on trip advisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, the argan oil products in the bathroom and our delicious food options from the Altcetera.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto!

Marie
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I agree with other reviewers, the staff are excellent, accommodation is very comfortable. However, even Motel 6 has hangers. Add some to hang your pants, and an iron and board, and I would rate much higher.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Killdeer001
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you found our service to be of a very high level. I am sorry however that you were not informed that all of our bedrooms do indeed have hangers and an iron and ironing board for our guests to use.

All of these items are located in the bedroom wardrobe behind the full length mirror.

Again our apologies that you were not able to locate this space and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future so that you can enjoy the room to it's fullest.

Kind regards,
King of Prussia, PA
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a great experience. The hotel was brand-new, modern and bright. I could have eaten off of the floor in the room. I was there for several nights for business and the maid service folded my pajamas - amazing! The front desk was extremely accommodating and helpful. The wireless internet was spot-on and didn't constantly require a password input like some hotels. As you are near the airport there are plenty of dining options in the area if you don't care for the selections downstairs. My ice bucket was just as sleek and modern as the rest of the hotel. Comfortable bed, welcoming staff and I didn't hit my head on a too-low shower head. I would highly recommend this hotel as a nice change of pace from the usual. Also, strangely enough I didn't hear a single airplane the entire time I was there.

Room Tip: I was facing the airport runways and couldn't hear any of the planes or other airport noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and found in particular our soundproofing to be of a very high quality.

Being an Airport hotel I am sure you will agree that this is a very important aspect of any property located near Pearson Airport and I am pleased to hear that our construction efforts in this area have worked.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.