“Great Stopover Stay”

Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
London
“Great Stopover Stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

This is the second time we have used this Hotel as a stop over for our flight out of Toronto and we were not let down. We are by no means privileged travelers and always shop for the best value. Both times we have been here we have been treated in a friendly, efficient and respectful manner. Our rate was very reasonable and tied in separately with our vacation package. We prepaid before we left on our vacation, as required. Covered parking was included for the week and this seems to be one of the few hotels that has an airport shuttle service that runs 24/7, which we required. We stayed here at the end of our vacation trip, as our flight was scheduled to arrive home at 1:30 am in the morning. As it was, we had a flight delay that had us arriving at the Delta Hotel at 5:30 am. We called for pickup and asked if our room key could be ready. Our shuttle arrived within 20 minutes. Being extremely tired and exhausted, we were pleased to have our room ready when we arrived at the hotel. Anticipating our arrival, our room key was handed to us as soon as we walked through the door, stopping by the reception desk just long enough to swipe our credit card. Hence, we were in our beds snoozing within 5 minutes. Given our sleepless state, it was nice not to have to wait in any sort of line up to do the "check in" formality. We appreciated this and hopefully they can extend this type of service to everyone who staggers in after a late and delayed flight. Due to our late check in, we were also up graded to a luxury room as a courtesy. They have a late check out of 12:00 noon and this allowed us to catch a serious sleep before our trip back to London.

The upgraded room had plush bedding and a soft pillow top bed. With the heavy room darkening blinds, we had no problem sleeping. With the plasma TV, work desk and modern bathroom, it would have been a pleasure to stay in this room should we have been staying longer.

There are a variety of restaurants across the street like Kelsey’s, Montana’s, Subway and A & W. South on Dixie you will find more like Tim Hortons, Boston Pizza, Swiss Chalet, Wendy’s and McDonald’s.

We would use Delta Airport West again as a stop over hotel or if we needed accommodation in the area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LondonTrapper
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Dear London Trapper,
Thank you for posting a review about our hotel and providing feedback about our product and services. I am pleased to read that you found our stop-over package useful, and that our team made transportation and check-in a good experience for you. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team and their efforts to provide exceptional service will be celebrated. We hope that you will soon return to the Delta Toronto Airport West. Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The things I liked about the hotel; covered parking available which is great during those Toronto winters, room service available until the early mornings, housekeeping & room service staff very friendly, windows actually opened so that you could get fresh air, hotel was clean, in a decent area and close to 401. The things I felt they could do better; the staff at the desk were somewhat stand-offish, the bathrooms were very small -- type where if you bump anything things would fall into toilet, constantly had to adjust the heater/air unit to maintain room temperature, elevators were frequently out of order, fee for parking, fee for internet which was sluggish, no wireless, no available plugs near bed. I stayed at this hotel in Dec & Jan. I paid for an upgraded room during the Jan stay. I felt that when upgrading the room they could have replaced the heater/cooler unit for one that operates better. The bathroom was still small but more shelving for items. The upgraded room did not have a refrigerator but the non-upgraded room did? The restaurant was EXTREMELY slow. Better to order room service, get your meal quicker.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
Dear "casslyh",
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. Based on your feedback, I can advise you that these comments have been reviewed with our Management Team and certainly taken into consideration to help us be successful in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Best regards
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Me, wife and two kids (8 & 6) stayed one night pre-trip and one night post trip. Booked the Bon Voyage rates for free parking. The first night we stayed in a regular room. Was tidy and comfortable but quite tired. On our second night we stayed in a deluxe room and wow, the extra few bucks were worth it. One of the best sleeps we have ever had, anywhere. Rooms are a pretty standard size so I'm not sure where the "rooms are very small" comments come from.

Front desk staff were excellent and the lady that answered the phone when we called for the shuttle was great. I initially told her the wrong terminal. When I called back to tell her my mistake she was great. The airport shuttle was faster getting to the airport than the hotels on Airport drive. Possibly because it only stopped at the one hotel.

On-site parking was easy and I never had an issue finding a spot.

They have an indoor pool and whirlpool which we had private use of. No one else was around. We didn't eat at the hotel but there are dozen of restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel.

Very easy to get to from the 401.

Before this trip we had always stayed at the DoubleTree International (15 years running) but the rates the Hilton is charging there are crazy. We decided to try something different and we are glad we did. This hotel is our new Toronto favourite.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank freezingmybuttoff
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2010
Dear “freezingmybuttoff”,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. Guest Satisfaction is our goal and I am glad that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Best regards and we look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Delta Toronto Airport West.
Angelika Khalil, Operations Manager
Fort Frances, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I booked on Hotwire, then read this website. I expected the rooms to be small, I expected to pay for parking, but I didn't expect the great service. I pulled in late on a Friday of a long weekend, and the desk clerk was fast and polite. He did ask if I wanted an upgrade and breakfast, which I agreed to, and when we got to the parking part, he agreed to throw it in since I upgraded everything else. The place was clean, parking was close to the door. The room wasn't huge, but it was clean and modern. Breakfast buffet was great, and the front desk clerk remembered my name the next morning! I was impressed and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Tammy O
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Dear liskeardlady,
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with a review based on your recent visit. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our teams were able to not only meet but to exceed your expectations. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Best regards
Niagara on the lake, Ontario
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Delta for two evenings before flying off on our honeymoon. Pulling up to the Delta we were very impressed. The lobby is very nice and welcoming. The restaurant looked nice, however we never did dine there. Check in was fast and helpful. We stayed in one of there "non-renovated" rooms. VERY clean, bright, cozy but VERY small. We had three large suite cases with us, and had to move around the furniture in order to fit them into the room. The room over looked the garden/pool area which was very well kept and peaceful. The pool and sauna was nice and clean. The only real down side of our trip would have been the location. There isn't much to do around there. A few restaurants around... that's about it. They supplied free shuttle service to and from the airport and allowed us to park our car with them for the week we were away. The Fee was a little cheaper then parkn' fly. The Business Centre allowed us to check out e-mails and flight information without paying a fee to use the internet. This was very helpful.
All in all our stay was enjoyable and staff was friendly.

1 Thank ajanzen
Dear ajanzen,
Thank you for making Delta Toronto Airport West part of your honeymoon travels and for taking the time to provide feedback with regards to your visit. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our services met your needs. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best regards
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I was flying from Halifax to Orlando with a stop over in Toronto. Due to Hurricane Bill charging towards Halifax Air Canada flew me out a day earlier to overnight in Toronto and fly onto Orlando as scheduled. When travelling within Canada I normally stay at Delta's, so I ensured this was no different.
The shuttle from the airport to the hotel took forever to show up, and the actually ride itself was rather long. It appears to be on the other side of the airport. We probably passed around 10-12 hotels on the way to the Delta, so not very close at all.
Check-in took a long time, staff were rude and looked to be Inconveinced by being checking in.
Room was small, the smallest Delta room I've been in. The bathroom was alright, no complaints there.

If the hotel was closer to the airport and the Staff was nicer, I'd stay here again.

Brantford, Ontario
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Unfortunately, my husband and I had a very negative experience when staying at this hotel. I have waited three weeks to write this TripAdvisor review because we've been waiting for an answer to two letters we have e-mailed to the Delta chain but, unfortunately, have still not received a reply.

After checking in (and agreeing to pay a room upgrade to a King instead of a Queen), we went out for the evening. Upon our return at 10 pm, not only was it was impossible to find a parking spot since they were renovating their parking garage (which resulted in us having to drive up over a curb and onto the grass) but, when we arrived in our room, the ceiling was leaking very badly (from some significant flooding from the floor above us). We called four times to the front desk to no avail. We finally walked down ourselves to speak to someone (and heard other customers with the same flooding problem). They asked if we would like a different room. We replied that, yes, it would probably be nice to have a dry room. They moved us to a very small room (a room adjoining a suite used for "spill-over" guests) which barely had floor space beyond the bed. (By the way, we noticed that there were empty suites in the hotel that evening. Apparently, guests inconvenienced by their ceilings leaking are put in the small, adjoining rooms, and not in suites. I guess I'm a bit bitter at this point.)

Interestingly, we were "fine" with the fact that our room leaked - things happen. What really bothered us was that, the next morning at check-out, the desk continued to charge us for the non-existent parking spot and the room upgrade that we never actually got - even after asking how our stay was and us explaining all of the above. One would think that after having to move our belongings relatively late at night to an even smaller room because of water coming through the ceiling that we might get a bit of consideration the next morning at check-out. Extremely poor customer relations at this hotel! (Also, both rooms we were in were VERY tired and in need of renovation!)

I would suggest that you can find MUCH BETTER accommodation in the same airport area of Toronto. We've stayed at two other hotels nearby and had FANTASTIC experiences. We will never stay at this Delta hotel again.

1 Thank Lovewineandfood