“Easy going hotel”

Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Easy going hotel”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Staff was really friendly and helpful because we booked the Sleep, Park and fly. We had some questions in regards to the shuttle, etc and we were informed quickly and what to do. I felt safe leaving our vehicle there in the covered parking, Our room was clean, bathroom was clean and the soap and shampoo were nice quality. We went out for dinner but we didn't have a chance to eat at the hotel or restaurants but maybe next time we will see. They gave us a number to call when we got back from holidays to get the shuttle. I lost the number so getting the shuttle number was a little difficult however, we managed to hail down the shuttle because we were in the wrong spot for pick up. That was completely our faults, and the shuttle is quick, clean, and efficient. The driver helpful. It was about 8-10 minutes from the airport. Good enough distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for posting a review following your visit to our hotel. I am glad to read that our facilities and services met your expectations and that you found our airport shuttle convenient for your needs. Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights for a conference. The room/amenities were solid, but what really impressed me was the service. Our shuttle bus driver, Ahmed, really made the experience. Recognizing that we were out-of-towners, he truly went above and beyond in giving daily recommendations for the local social scene. Really made my stay more enjoyable, outside of the typical 9-5 routine. The rooms were as expected (normal), but my Internet connectivity was intermittent. Upon hearing of my complaint, front desk replaced my Ethernet cord without hesitation (and pretty quickly). They even sent up a cork screw late night when a friend bought wine, but forgot the most essential piece! All in all, the people really make the experience here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, op at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback via this review. Great to read that, overall, you had a pleasant stay with us and that our team members created a positive experience for you. At Delta Hotels and Resorts, we celebrate team members who not only meet, but strive to exceed our guests' expectations and it appears that Ahmed was able to do just that. Rest assured that he has been recognized for his efforts.
Thank you for staying with us! We hope to welcome you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We wanted to take our kids for an overnight stay in a hotel in/near Toronto. We booked through Hotwire and got an excellent price! Had we paid the regular price I would have said we'd overpaid. The room was nice. Two double beds were small. Would have preferred queen. The bathroom was very clean. No wifi in the rooms which was inconvenient. The staff was helpful. There's currently construction outside the hotel on the roads, which made getting in and out tricky with traffic.

My biggest complaint is the temperature of the pool. We wanted to take our kids to a hotel with a pool so we could spend a few hours swimming with them. We weren't even able to get in the pool because it was ridiculously COLD!! My kids were so disappointed because they weren't able to swim and had to settle for a warm bath instead, which they could have got at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TV1012
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your recent stay.
I am very sorry that you found the pool too cold for the children to swim in. We appreciate your feedback and take our guests' comments very seriously. Therefore, we have discussed these concerns, will make some changes and take steps to increase the water temperature. You will notice a difference when you hopefully visit us soon again.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback!
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Firstly the staff are all very friendly, and the food at my meeting was good, however my room let the hotel down.
My room did not have wireless Internet and in this day and age that is antiquated because most devices that people travel with need wireless to connect to the Internet, fortunately I traveled with my my MacBook so I was ale to create my own wireless network, but I almost didn't bring my laptop and I would therefore been stumped. Plus saying we have wireless in the lobby does not cut it not even close! Also the functionality of my room has not been thought through you have to plug your laptop in to the wired Internet on the desk but there is no where to plug you laptop in! Unless you unplug the lamp! With just a little more thought the room could be more functional. Plus as other reviews have mentioned, the room was tired and the chair for example should be replaced as its below standard for a hotel. Plus the ac/heating unit was very dirty I lifted up the cover and the grills were very dirty, this should be part of the hotel deep clean schedule and clearly it's not!

My advice if you can afford it avoid the standard room and make sure you ask for and book a room with wireless also ask to avoid rooms next to the elevator mine was 523. Lastly there is a hidden mini fridge behind fake draws I had no idea it was there until it woke me up!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mitchrj1
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay. Hearing from you, gives us an opportunity to address any challenges you may have encountered during your stay.
I am glad to read that you found our team members friendly and that you enjoyed the food in the hotel. However, I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in terms of your guest room. Room cleanliness is a priority for us and all AC / heating units are part of a regular cleaning schedule. Rest assured that your feedback has been discussed with the departments concerned and your concerns have been addressed.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We hope to see you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Perfect place to stay before travelling. Shuttle service was on time and efficient both headed to and from the airport. Left our car there in the covered parking for a week without any problems. Friendly staff at hotel. Very clean.
Restaurant in hotel was good.
Great price!
Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for giving our hotel 5 stars in your review! We are pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and that our facilities and services met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the park and stay program. We spent the night last night and it was a terrific night's stay. The accommodations were comfortable yet modern. The shuttle to the airport in the morning leaves every 30 minutes until 10am after which you just ask and they will take you. The driver was very courteous and kind. Remember to tip your maid! Some people forget how hard they work for you to have a clean hotel room.

I will definitely recommend the Delta to all friends and family who are looking for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us 5 stars when reviewing our hotel! We are thrilled to hear that your expectations in terms of accommodation and airport shuttle were met and that our team created a positive experience for you.
We hope to welcome you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The good: Friendly staff - reception and restaurant. Near a bunch of restaurant chains. Internet works.
The bad: 1) Aggressive 'bully' and rude aiport shuttle driver - bearded guy (waving his arms at other drivers), talking on cell while driving...is that even legal.
2) Room has those awful old loud heaters by window. You have to keep it on because of the cold - bad window insulation. Big pillows only.
3) Shabby worn down depressing room, shabby old carpets - come on Delta - renovate. Doesn't look that clean either.
4) Overpriced restaurant for mediocre food. But friendly service.
Would I stay again or recommend? No. There's no excuse for hotels like Delta to have rooms that remind me of cheaper motels.

P.S. Remember to call hotel for pick-up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lightrey
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for giving us feedback of your recent stay with us.
I am very sorry that your guest room as well as our restaurant did not meet your expectations and I will certainly discuss your comments with our management team.
Please accept my apologies for the behavior portrayed by our driver. Being rude, aggressive and a bully will definitely not be tolerated and I can assure you that this will be addressed with the driver in question.
Thank you again for all your valuable feedback. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.