“Great Hotel and Restaurant - Attentive Staff”

Toronto Airport West Hotel
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
New Jersey
“Great Hotel and Restaurant - Attentive Staff”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had previously reviewed this hotel in July 2012 when I had experienced less than accommodating responses from their front desk. They read my review and contacted me to apologize and to promise they would try to do better next time. Asis, their Front Desk Manager went out of his way on my next trip in September and I have to say I was amazed that they actually did follow-up on my issue. The front desk (especially Jasmonia) was delightful and bent on providing excellent service. I've written many reviews, some of them critical, but I have never been more pleased to see a property take action and corrective action. Besides the parking fee (over priced) I can't say enough about this place. The Chardonnay Lounge provides 1st class meals and beverages and the servers are excellent. The pool still does not have towels when you need them but overall this is my place of choice when I do business in Mississauga. When booking it appears going through Priceline gives you the best rates!! Shuttles to/from the airport are available and almost always on time.

Room Tip: Plan to eat at their restaurant. It's one of the best around. Also their breakfast buffet with a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TonyK300
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us 5 stars and a great review! I am glad to read that our team acted on the challenges you previously had followed up with you. It is always important for us to hear from our guests so that corrective action can be taken. Please know that your comments have been shared with our team. Great to see that you enjoyed our Chardonnay Restaurant and that our employees, specially Jasmonia and Asif, left you with such a positive impression. They truly are an asset to our team.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I chose this hotel as Delta has a great reputation and after looking on the "sleepparkfly" website, I thought it to be a excellent deal. I reccomend that webiste as well. if you are looking for a hotel near the airport and need parking as well. For not muchj more, you can spend a night in a hotel and keep your car there. The hotel room for one night, and 8 nights of parking with shuttle to the Pearson airport was only around 100 dollars. I really liked the hotel. We checked in late afternoon, and the front desk staff was so warm and friendly to us, that left a great impression on me. There are quite a few resturants within walking distance. There is a review on here saying that there is not, but I did walk to a resturant in a matter of minutes. Kelseys, Montannas, New York Fries, a noodle resturant, ect. The bed was very comfortable. Room was great. Clean, television, no bar fridge. We also had some drinks at the resturant in the lobby which was very nice too. My only concern really is that there was no breaksfast with the room booking. Really it has been so long since I have booked a room that did not include a complimentry something in the morning that this actually surprised me. I was informed that "at one time it was offered free but not anymore" I really didn't look for this though when I booked. You can buy breakfast at the hotel of course. Of course, offering a complimentry cup of coffee is always appreciated too. Shuttle service to airport was great! Fast and on time both ways. I reccomend this hotel!

1 Thank lamb18l
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for posting this detailed review about your visit to our hotel. Great to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that your expectations in our hotel and services were largely met. As you correctly pointed out, we offer complimentary coffee in the lobby before our restaurant opens in the morning. Our room rates generally do not include breakfast, however, when you check into the hotel next time, our Guest Services Team may be able to suggest options that do include breakfast. Our team and I look forward to your next visit!
Jonquiere, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was expecting a little more from this hotel with the branded name.. The bed was very confortable. The rest of the room is okay,but very outdated . Nothing as been change for decades. Old tv, old carpet, old bath.. you know were i'm goiing.. so next time i'll try something else.. and no wireless internet !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your visit to our hotel. Great to read that you enjoyed our 'Sanctuary Beds' but I am sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. Please be informed that some floors of the hotel have recently been renovated; these also feature complimentary wireless internet. Should you decide to stay with us again, our Guest Services Team will be happy to provide you with options to better suit your needs.
We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Ontario
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Delta Toronto Airport West before a morning flight to Miami. We opted for their sleep park n fly as their prices are quite reasonable and we liked the covered parking for our car while we were away. The front staff was very friendly and the check in process was quick. We had asked for a renovated/updated room category and this is the room that we were given. The room had been "freshened up" with newer furniture, bedding and a flat screen television. The heating unit was an older model and the bathroom was a bit dated but everything was very clean so we were quite happy with the room. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure of the shower was steady (and hot) and we did have free wifi access. There is a small bar next to the main lobby that we stopped by for a drink and the bartender was very nice. The airport shuttle to and from the airport was quick and efficient. If we need to utilize another park n fly hotel near the Toronto airport, we would return to the Delta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this detailed review about our hotel and your stay. I am thrilled to read that all areas met your expectations and that you were satisfied with the service our employees provided. Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Port Rowan
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently stayed in the Delta Airport Hotel before catching an early morning flight to Vancouver. Nice hotel great shuttle service to Airport at 5:00 am., plus hot coffee to go. Couldn't believe how easy it was. Also parked our car for 2 weeks for the price of a hotel room. No problems from check-in to check-out. In fact is was such a nice hotel we decided to spend night on the return flight as we were very late getting in. Plus there was a rain storm which was quite bad so we decided not to drive the 2 hours home on the 401. No problem again, nice welcome at the front desk and a nice comfy, clean room.. We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: No tips to choosing a room. The hotel is very quiet and the two rooms we occupied were both great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hethur
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for giving our hotel 5 stars in your review, your comments about our property and services are greatly appreciated. I am particularly glad to read that you found our stop-over program convenient, i.e. a room with parking for the duration of your absence and free transportation to and from the airport.
Our team and I look forward to your next visit at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

the bed was very comfortable and was impressed by the duvet and feather pillows although the outdated tv was a little bit of a disappointment. The bathroom was also outdated, I don't think that anyone has ever cleaned behind the bathroom door. There was a inch thick of dust on the baseboard. I did enjoy the hot tube and pool even though the whole area needs to be updated. All in all the experience was okay, the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly so I would stay there again.

1 Thank Sheri K
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. I appreciate that you pointed out your concerns; your review has been shared with the respective departments so that corrective measures can be taken. I am glad to read though that you particularly enjoyed our 'Sanctuary Beds' and that our team provided the service you had expected.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Tsawwassen, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is a nice Hotel but I find room to room there is no consistency. One room will have a older TV set and then the next will have a new flatscreen. One Suite will have old tired worn out furniture and a old TV and the suite across from it will be newer and nicer. As a customer you want to know that you are going to get the same product you had before. I know personally if I go to this hotel and I don't like the room I will switch because I know they have better. It would pay for management to reevaluate each room and make each one conform to the other. In my mind their is no reason for a large chain hotel like Delta to have old box style TV sets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nighthawk64
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important to us and I appreciate you taking the time to share it. Rest assured that your comments will be discussed within the management team, as we constantly strive to provide the best possible service to our guests.
We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your next visit to Delta Toronto Airport West.