“Showing its age”

Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
North Bay, Canada
“Showing its age”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Hotel had a great vibe downstairs in the lobby and looked really nice downstairs, but the hallways and rooms felt a little tired. Rooms were a little cramped. Thin walls and could hear a couple of neighbours blabbing all night. Great staff. Didn't like the expensive parking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear "ncix",
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us as we consistently strive to provide the best possible service and to meet or exceed our guests' expectations. Rest assured that your observations have been noted.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Gold Coast Australi
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Enjoyed our stay very much, staff were very friendly, breakfast was great, rooms were very clean and comfortable. I only have one point is that the water temperature was warm not not as I would have liked. Other than that a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear "chrisdanlee",
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that your room, as well as our restaurant met your expectations. I apologize for the lower than usual water temperature. This was the result of a mechanical problem and has since been corrected.
We hope to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Cleveland
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We were given accomodations by Air Canada. We were a group of four going through the area twice due to long layovers but were recieved complementary vouchures from Air Canada.

Location: A bus/van ride away from the airport. THANKS to JOHN DESOUZA for his excellent assistance and hospitality on the ride over.

Lobby: Nice and clean, restaurant with a fireplace.

Restautant: We had dinner one night and it was enjoyable. Great salads, pretty good entrees. There is a hearty buffet breakfast as well.

Room: Free internet (was not working one time but we let it go because I didn't have any pressing issues). Internet worked well the other stay! There was a problem with clean cups in the bathroom but it was rectified immediately.

Clean comfy bed

Pool: didn's use.

Overall:
Good for your layover at the Toronto airport. Be prepared for a shuttle ride over. There are about 5 restaurants across the street if interested.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear "gwera",
Thank you for your detailed feedback about our hotel. I am glad that you found our facilities and services fitting for your needs. I'll be happy to share your comments with John and the rest of our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
London, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed as a park, stay and fly package, we left in the morning and were told we could not get a receipt (I needed this for a refund from my company) and would have to get one when we came back. Arrived back at 12 midnight with a sick and grumpy one year old and despite being first in line my wife was told she would have to sit down and wait for everyone else to check in before they would give us a receipt for our stay. Poor form when you are arriving late travelling with a child and you have a 2 hour drive left. Would not stay here again based on this, if i want a park, stay and fly package I don't want to be delayed by lazy staff and there are plenty of other hotel options that will give you a receipt at check out. Rooms were small but pleasant.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear "akw55",
Thank you for posting a review, following your recent stay at our hotel. It is important for us to hear from you in order to know and be able to address your concerns.
At Delta Toronto Airport West, we take great pride in the service we provide. Rest assured that your experience is in no way indicative of our standards and service levels. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your stay with you.
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My family stayed at the Delta Toronto Airport West using their "park, fly and stay" packages. Upon initial arrival, December 16th, 2010, we found the staff very professional and the fact they had their own "on site" parking garage a comforting piece of mind especially when many park and fly hotels use an off-site parking and cram your cars in like sardines in a can. Shuttle service was on-time to take us to the airport and they gave us a paper with instructions for the shutttle when we return from our vacation. We were expecting to return and be in our hotel room (giving extra time for customs, luggage ect.) by midnight December 24th. We ended up not getting back to Canada until 7:30 am December 25th! We were very exhausted, after being awake for 22 hours and having Sunwing cause a big Snafu with delays upon delays and needed to sleep for a few hours before driving the additional 3 hours home . I called the hotel, while we waited for our luggage and explained what happened and asked if they still had our room available. They said of course and no problem, call us back as soon as you have your luggage. We did, and when we arrived at the hotel we had a quick check-in and then I remembered we had purchased the breakfast package, so I called down and ordered breakfast top be sent up in a couple of hours. We got their "bed and breakfast for 2" package for $129 and even though we had our teenage daughter with us, figured we could share it between us. The breakfast package was well worth it, there was a lot of food and I was pleasantly surprised, but I found it is not as well advertised and not offered if you call and book, so ask about it or look.Ttheir pillows are the most comfrotable ones I have ever slept on, and I found you can purchase them downstairs in the gift store. Unfortunately, because it was Christmas Day, the gift store wasn`t open, however, we happened to be back ion the area 3 weeks later, so I stopped in and bought two, and have slepted better than I have ever had, it is the perfect thickness and I never have to ``fluff`it thoughout the night. I would recommend this hotel for its service, ammenities and cleanliness. I will come back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Pishaq
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear "Pishaq",
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide everything you were looking for and that our services met your needs. Great to hear that you particularly enjoyed the pillows of our "Sanctuary Beds". We hope to soon welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Reviewed January 24, 2011

What a disappointment. We've been frequent Delta guests for the past several years, but this was likely our last stay with them. We booked two connecting rooms, planning to stay overnight before leaving on an early flight. The first sign of pending disaster was the fact that several teams of tween boys were staying for a hockey tournament somewhere in the area.

Dinner was barely acceptable overall - the food was decent if a little pricey, but the service was painfully slow despite the restaurant being virtually empty. If there were to be a next time, we would visit the Montana's or Kelsey's within walking distance instead.

Two of the four elevators were out of service, and there was only a single luggage trolley to be found, making the various trips up and down a bit of a chore. However, until this point, the experience was still in the satisfactory range.

However, we soon found out that our two connecting rooms were directly above the meeting rooms that were being used as party rooms by the hockey teams. Screaming, shouting, doors slamming, running etc... was loud and clear and non-stop until well into the early morning. The only sounds we didn't hear were parents controlling their kids or hotel staff shutting down the rooms. This would be because the parents were all sitting in the lobby, drinking the booze they brought from home, and the staff were all busy turning a blind eye to the whole situation.

I went down twice to complain, only to be assured both times that the parents had already been given their last warnings. If Delta were running a firing squad, they'd be handing out a whole pack of cigarettes to the condemned prisoner.

Luckily we booked two connecting rooms, since the heat in our room didn't work, but we were able to prop open the connecting doors and get some warmth from the room our kids were in. This after having to use bath towels to block the -10C draft blowing in around the heater/AC units in both rooms. I would suspect that Delta could save a lot of money if they would invest in some crack stuffer or some caulk.

As I was checking out the next morning at 5:45, after maybe two and a half hours of sleep, I once again mentioned to the front desk staffer about the unacceptable level of noise in the room. He took $30 off the final bill. I would have stayed and argued for a full comp of at least one of our two rooms, but our shuttle was loading and I wasn't prepared to hold up the other poor souls in the line behind me.

In short - good location but be prepared for a lot of compromise in return for a week's parking and a free shuttle to and from the airport. Probably my last year as a Delta Gold member.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Dear "Phantompiper",
I herewith take the opportunity to thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at our hotel. Hearing about the challenges you encountered allows us to identify areas where changes need to be made.
As discussed in our telephone conversation today, your comments have been shared with our management team and we will do all we can to avoid similar situations in future.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stayed here courtesy of Air Canada when my flight got delayed for several days. We stayed in 3 different hotels and this hotel was superior in every way. The staff were very helpful and sympathetic to our 'stranded' status - which makes a huge difference when you are thousands of miles away from home at Christmas time. The bed was really comfortable, the food was excellent, bar staff, chamber maids and reception staff alike were all really friendly and helpful. The shuttle service to the airport was regular and convenient. Thank you for being an Oasis during a stressful situation!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Dear "Dameonthemove",

Thank you very much for posting such a favourable review about our hotel! Being stranded at Christmas time is most definitely very frustrating but I am glad that our team was able to make this stressful experience just a little bit easier for you. We hope your travels will bring you back to Delta Toronto Airport West some time in the future.