“Just the ticket!”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a stay of one night after a late arrival in Toronto.

We contacted the hotel using the courtesy phone in the arrivals area at the airport. The bus arrived within the ten minute window they gave us. We initially had trouble finding the post where the bus stops in Terminal 1, until we realized we had to go downstairs to the lower level.

The hotel is very near the airport, so the travel time was minimal but there was no plane noise in the room.

Check in was fast, the staff friendly and courteous. I had not included my Honors points number when I made my booking but they had managed to make the connection and my number was on file when I arrived.

The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was spotless.

We were able to get coffee, hot chocolate and tea from the breakfast room at all times. Although we did not take advantage of it, complimentary appetizers are offered weekdays from 5-7pm.

There is no restaurant on site, but food, drinks and snacks are available from a small shop beside the reception,

The beds were very comfortable and I love the removable duvet covers that are washed after each guest. SO much better than comforters or quilts! A selection of different pillows was provided.

The air conditioning was very efficient but quite noisy.

The internet connection was fine. There were lots of electrical outlets. I could not figure out how to use the alarm clock that was in the room.

The complimentary breakfast was very good with lots of fresh fruit and healthy choices. The breakfast room was extremely busy when we arrived and many guests were taking their food back to their rooms on the trays provided. However, the staff were very efficient, quickly clearing and cleaning tables as they were vacated. By the time we collected our food, we found empty tables.

The instant checkout worked seamlessly, with the bill arriving under the door in the early morning.

The shuttle bus driver kindly offered to take us directly to the off-airport car rental place after dropping the other passengers at the airport. Although it was hardly any detour for him, it saved us a lot of aggravation, and we truly appreciated the service.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susan2305
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Was in Toronto for 2 nites, August 14-16th to visit a friend before flying home. She booked this hotel for me because it was close to where she lived and the airport.

Pleasantly surprised ! Nice spacious room with comfy king bed. Breakfast was limited in variety but adequate. I liked the fact that there was all day coffee/tea/hot water downstairs next to the breakfast area. Complimentary water and fruits by the reception in the mornings.

Hotel was clean and staff, very friendly. Really close to the airport which was convenient.

I would stay here again anytime. Was in a room on the 8th floor which was nice and quiet.

Highly recommended if you need to stay in this vicinity.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Location is ideal and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Free internet and use of business center came in very handy. The beds were the most comfortable I've had in a hotel and complimentary breakfast was included. Overall experience excellent, we will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Canadian-on-Holiday
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was good. This was my second time staying at this hotel. The staff is nice. The breakfast is very good. The rooms are good. The location to the airport was great. THe shuttle bus was quick and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R. Wayne N
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went to the Hampton hotel on business to work the trade show in August. We were told the hotel was completely smoke free for a few years already. We asked to get a room on a higher floor in a quieter area.

We arrived Saturday night and we were greeted beautifully at the reception. Cookies, fruits and beverages hot and cold were available at all times at the lobby. The staff were impeccable and professional in every manner. The only thing was we did not know we had to pay for parking and when we booked the hotel on the Hilton website we were not advised. But to try to help out they gave us one free parking out of three which I thought was very fare.

Bad news, that night we had some people hanging out in the hallway and smoking cigarettes and smoking illegal substance and it was coming into the room and we could not sleep. I know it is not the fault of the hotel but I tried calling the hotel lobby at 11:30 in the evening and no one answered my calls I think I called at least six times and no one took the call?? I rang and rang for over 12 rings! What is with that??

Finally at 12:30 I called back again and then they answered and I explained I could not sleep and I was coughing away from the smoke in the hallway. They offered to change my room and gave me a free night. Well why did they not come up to my floor and remove the people who were smoking int he hallway?? I was in bed and it was too late for me to start packing and moving my room at that hour. I believe their reaction was quite unacceptable as they should have come up to remove the smokers from the floor.

I advised them I would change my room the next day as it was too late for me to start packing and unpacking when i had to work at 8:30 in the morning on sunday!
i changed my room the next evening but the damage was done I was coughing and sick the rest of my stay at this hotel. So I do believe their reaction time to situations is slow and unacceptable.

The breakfast was very good for most of it as there was a great selection of items to choose from. The room and the beds were absolutely wonderful to sleep on but since I was coughing from the smoke as I am asthmatic I had a hard time to sleep for the three nights I was there.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the higher floors so you do not have any noise or smoke in the rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Nadia T
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to its location to the airport as our friends were returning to the UK the next day.
Check in was a breeze and the young man at the desk was extremely helpful. After asking for ID and noticing it was government ID, he informed us that the parking for the vehicle was complimentary. He handed us a specific ticket to put on the dash.
He also informed us of all the hotel had to offer and explained the continental breakfast hours and location.

My husband and I had a suite on the 6th floor so that we could entertain our friends . It was very big, fridge, microwave including popcorn, sink, table and lovely sitting area. Very spacious and yet comfy and intimate.

Upon heading out for dinner, we inquired of Melissa, if it was possible to walk to The Keg on Dixon. She indicated it was a fairly long hike and instead of calling us a cab, she hailed the Hotel shuttle bus that is used for the airport and the driver took us to the restaurant and came and picked us up when we were done. She did indicate that the airport and guests took priority over picking us up but they would come as quickly as possible. We waited 10 mins from placing the call when dinner was over!! Spectacular service, that they were kind of offer.

Continental breakfast was amazing and plenty of, the hot items were hot and the sitting area was very comfortable and top notch.

We also were able to ride the shuttle service to the airport with our friends so we could get them sent off. Again, a nice touch.

All in all, will consider this hotel for any trips out of Pearson!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank defib64
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very nicely decorated hotel - the room was fresh and pleasant. Bathroom was large and looked newly fitted. Often airport hotels are dingy and tired and sad. The complimentary breakfast had tremendous choice, including make-your-own waffles. Shuttle bus came very quickly when we arrived at the airport. Great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family