All reviews port credit lake ontario breakwater restaurant washer dryer full kitchen living room apartment building go train quaint hotel hardwood floors double bed bit dated large room home away from home nice stay one night stay balcony
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Good value, convenient perfect for family. Would return

I feel the soap and mouth wash was very watered down. I felt the bath tub was spongey, made me worry I would fall through ceiling. Lol also, towels rough and thin.

Wish we were given more than 10% discount on breakfast, very cheap.

Overall. Satisfied however.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

I originally called and was told that the Sunday we wanted to stay, there was only King rooms avail for the price of $239+tx. Funny because I was looking at their website and it listed many different options avail for that night. So I had my wife call and ask to book the 1 bedroom Queen Penthouse suite that we saw on the website for the price of $199. No problem. all booked!! Great.
Upon arrival that evening we were told they don't have a one bedroom Queen Penthouse Suite and all they had was a one bedroom suite? OK, so how come online it says a Penthouse Suite? No, he said... we don't have a one bedroom penthouse!! And he was quite ignorant about it. After a few minutes of arguing with him, we just said whatever, its late and we need to sleep. Up to the one bedroom suite we go.
Open the door and holy cow!!! The smell of something like 3 glade plugins was overwhelming. It was so strong that it actually mad us noxious. Room was super dated which is fine, it was somewhat clean and the bed was ok but the smell was just bad! Patio door did not lock but we were up a few floors so not a huge deal...I guess.
Overall, I fell they need to update the descriptions of the rooms and clean better so they don't need to mask the odor with whatever that was that smelled. Definitely not ever going to stay there again for that price.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sc0tt75
Reviewed August 27, 2017

The hotel itself is lovely. Upon our arrival our rooms were not ready,even though we had requested early check in. I understand that you cannot remove guests from the rooms however if you are expecting people to arrive early for a particular room then do not offer late checkout from that room. Seems pretty standard to me. The lobby was full of guests with the same issue. Rooms not ready. We were all attending a wedding and by the time our rooms were available we had to rush to get dressed to meet the shuttle that was taking us to the venue for the wedding. It was nerve racking! We did get to our wedding however they had to delay the service due to the late arrival of so many guests to the wedding venue.

1  Thank Teresa P
Toni F, General Manager at The Waterside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for your review and very sorry you were disappointed in not being able to check in early as you had requested. Unfortunately, requests are requests, not guarantees and we do not confirm early check in ever. Of course if we have the availability then we are happy to oblige but we would never guarantee an early check in because we are typically at a very full occupancy and check in time is 4pm.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.

Toni F.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We had a group of friends and relatives in for a wedding Friday night. There was a lack of communication between sales and the front desk, resulting in rooms not being ready and a general lack of hospitality towards our guests.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Toni F, General Manager at The Waterside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

As you can see from previous responses on tripadvisor, I take the reviews very seriously.
I am sorry to say that your review is unjust and incorrect.
I have copies of the letter of agreement which you signed stating that “check in time is 4:00pm and check out time is 12:00pm. Luggage storage space is available should guests arrive prior to the scheduled check in time. Early check can be requested and honored based on availability”.
Further to the letter of agreement (contract) there is an email which was sent to the sales department requesting early check in and the response from the sales department stated we (The Waterside Inn) could not guarantee any early check ins because we were at full capacity. The email also suggested that those who had rooms share with people who didn’t because it didn’t look like any rooms would come available prior to 4pm.
There was no lack of communication between the hotel departments, nor between you and the sales department as the communication was very clear. Your guests had expectations of checking in when they arrived and that was not the information we had provided.
In terms of lack of hospitality towards your guests: I was personally at the front desk witnessing the guest service agents trying very hard to appease a group of people who were misinformed and I partook in assisting your guests to make their check in was as smooth as possible whether that meant assisting with the gift baskets, to extra towels for those guests who needed to double up in friends’ rooms to get ready, to assisting those guests who didn’t take directions to their rooms well and were trying to get into already occupied rooms. In fact, the chauffeur of the bus who was waiting for the guests to shuttle them to the ceremony commented to me on how hard the hotel employees were working with this crowd and how nice we all are, so there was no lack of warmth or hospitality, I can assure you.
We, here at The Waterside Inn, do our jobs with pride and I can guarantee you that service is at the very heart of our hospitality. Should you wish to discuss this in further detail, I would be happy to speak with you and you can contact me at 905-891-5661.

Toni Frankfurter

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at The Waterside Inn located in Mississauga (port credit), Canada. The hotel is beautiful, however, the hotel needs to correct details such as bathroom cabinets with water damage, screen door to a sliding door broken, sliding door could not lock, etc. The most disappointing detail was that guests need to temporarily park their vehicle on the road in front of the hotel to unload luggages and other packages to then carry them up a flight of stone steps into the lobby. You would then place these items on the luggage cart to be taken up to the room, either by the guest or bell boy. If you arrive late and tired, you do not want to deal with these inconveniences.

3  Thank millan12016
Toni F, General Manager at The Waterside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. I wish you would have mentioned what room # you are in-we work on those details of the rooms daily with our maintenance department. In terms of dropping off luggage, there is actually a small parking lot off to the side where the conference area is and you are welcome to unload your baggage there-no stairs involved-and the luggage cart is taken out there often. I'm sorry you were not advised. Hopefully you will come back and visit us again. If you do have a chance please do email me your guestroom details to tfrankfurter@watersideinn.ca

Toni F.