“Very comfortable stay”
Review of The Waterside Inn

The Waterside Inn
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Was here for only one night with a friend. Used to travel with my husband but the room was large and comfortable enough that we did not get in each others way. Lovely hardwood floors and Persian rugs made it feel like a home. The bathroom was large and very clean with glass shower doors which are so much nicer than plastic curtains. We went out for dinner but when we returned there was a buffet in the lobby that was very fragrant and almost wished we had stayed to eat at the hotel. The room service breakfast starts at 8am and we had to be out for 8:15, so did not get to try this service and the in room coffee maker was okay but only provided powdered creamer which did not improve the taste of my decaf. The beds and linens were very comfortable and cozy and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've been at this hotel twice now. Both pleasant experiences. My last stay was in their most basic rooms. It was clean, comfortable and roomy. For the price you can't ask for much more.

Last time I stayed I did stay in a nicer room, it was much larger than the basic room and the quality of the bed and linens were by far more superior.

If you want to spend a few extra bucks for the nicer room, I would recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The restaurant was great food - however strange service. Room is tired and needs TLC. I feel like I am visiting my mother's 1970s condo. Clean but needs updating and repair. On a quick glance, it looks lovely. However, when you are in the room for a while, you can see details are missing - no kettle or pots in the kitchen although there are utensils; mis matched handles on the TV cabinet; old appliances; a bathroom that needs to be redone - poor caulking and water damage in the ceiling

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very nice hotel, large room with a 4 poster bed which was extremely comfortable. Large bathroom with a stand-up shower and a very large tub and good lighting. I really liked the fact that the floors were hardwood with an area rug which I feel is cleaner than wall to wall carpeting. The room had a nice view of the lake and marina. Best of all and most important to us is that it was very clean. We would definitely stay again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

It was a one night stay only Butkus I really liked my stay. The rooms were comfortable, cozy and furnishings were fine. The restaurant is fine and the staff is helpful. The wireless in my room was unreliable but worked on the main floor.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed a couple of days for medical trip, in a 1 bedroom residence suite. Nice size rooms, quiet and clean. A lovely setting too, big balcony overlooking marina and lake.

However I found it a bit lacking in furnishings especially for something marketed for long term stay, and I was booked for a week. Example: no dresser at all in the bedroom, only 3 very small drawers in the single nightstand. Had to keep my clothes in my luggage or on the chair. Woefully inadequate lighting in the living room. One table lamp and one desk lamp. I found it very dark. The work desk has no nearby power outlets, and bring a flashlight if you intend to work after sundown. No cookware in the kitchen, but they did provide 2 pots and spoons after I asked. That still does not make for a fully outfitted kitchen though: no toaster, no potholders etc. However, I checked out earlier than planned so it's possible this would have been provided if I had asked (should I have to though?).

Bathroom clean and functional but could use some patch and paint. Decent shower. Average bed with good linens. Friendly housekeeping and room service staff. Front desk service was average. I thought the price a good value for the area.

What set this place apart for me was the quality of the food, both in-room and the onsite restaurant. Just excellent. I would return for the setting, the convenient location, the size and quietness of the room, the price and most definitely the food. It would just be nice if the rooms and furnishings were spiffed up a little before then.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Mississauga is a suburban wasteland mostly known for hosting the Toronto Airport and being a place to get through to go somewhere else (sorry, but it's true). We had business there for a couple of days and a friend recommended a great hotel on the edge of Lake Ontario in downtown Port Credit. Port Credit actually feels like a small Ontario town, with some pretty good local restaurants and most amenities within walking distance. The hotel, a converted condo apartment, has a great mix of well-appointed suites (ours was 2 bedroom, one bathroom), very reasonable price, and very good service. The Breakwater restaurant on-site is very reasonably priced with excellent food, including room service if you want it. A continental breakfast is included. The hotel seems to attract a lot of small conferences. If you have to stay in Mississauga for any reason other than catching a flight (probably 30 minutes to the airport in normal traffic so a bit too far for that) head south to Port Credit.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the ones on the south and west sides have views of the small harbour at Port...