“Nice Place on The Lake” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
S.E. PA
“Nice Place on The Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel sits across from a very large warehouse/marina. The rooms and layout of the hotel appear such that this was a apartment or condo location which converted to a hotel. Each room is spacious with a full (but small) kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. The kitchen is great if you're staying any length of time. My room had a small washer as well. Very handy. The views of the lake are fantastic. The view from the 12th floor was great. Small deck off the room. Port Credit is a neat little place with nice restaurants and pubs. Try the burrito place up the street. If you're visiting someone in Mississauga this is a nice easy place to stay.

Room Tip: High floor, lake view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Guy-Ratchford, General Manager at The Waterside Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got a chance to explore Port Credit a little. It's a great part of Mississauga.
Sincerely
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good hotel but outdated. Rooms are very spacious offering separate sleeping room, kitchen with cooking appliance. The view is nice if you're on the right side of the hotel overlooking the lake. Restaurant is ok but food is ok but nothing special. I did not like the smell in the restaurant as if years of cooking were absorbed in the carpet.After 10 minutes you do not smell it anymore.

Service was ok and overall not bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LikeToExploreThings
Southampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Waterside Inn for a week and found it to. Be an excellent choice for a long term stay. The suite we had faced west overlooking the Credit River. We had a wonderful view from our balcony west over Lake Ontario. The suite was well equipped with plates and cutlery. We even had a small washer/dryer and dishwasher. The furniture is a bit old fashioned, but comfortable. The bed was a queen and was very comfortable. The bedding is high-end and you get daily maid service even though you wouldn't necessarily expect it in an efficiency unit like this. The staff are very professional and friendly, although not perhaps up to the major high end hotels such as the Fairmont or Westin for example. Breakfast was included and was served in the very lovely dining room on the main floor. There is no pool and the underground parking is a bit in need of a good cleaning. We agree that we will stay there again when we are in the Mississauga area on business this coming winter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west over the river
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim G
Wellington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently stayed at the Waterside Inn as part of a family event. The location is perfect. You can walk to all kinds of restaurants, convenience stores and to the Port Credit river which has a beautiful part and walking path. There are no other hotels in this area that would compare.
The room was actually a small apartment and it was perfectly comfortable. Although some of the furniture was slightly dated it was clean and comfortable. Having coffee available in the kitchen along with all the other amenities was great.
The internet was important to us and worked perfectly.
The only disappointment for us was the lack of air conditioning. When we asked the front desk staff informed us that it is not turned on until a specific date that was required by law for apartment residences. I do understand that it is more like a condo than a hotel but if you advertise yourself as an "inn" with air conditioning it should be available or the advertising should specify the times the air conditioning is available. The only complaint I heard from our family staying was how hot the rooms were and uncomfortable for sleeping even though we opened the windows. We stayed during May and so it is not unusual for it to be warm then.
Ask for a view of the lake. Our room had a balcony and it was so pleasant to sit and watch the yacht club and the lake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Woodstock, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was recomended this hotel my The Shore reastaurant. When I booked it they told me I could not cancel. Now I know why. Theirmwas music playing on a patio right outside my window. Very loud could not sleep. It did stop at 11 but I should have been told about it before I booked. When I asked the next morning if they played music every night the girl in reception said "no" and nothing else. I then asked if it was only on the weekends and she said "yes" and nothing else. I waited to see if she would apoligize for not informing me or some other remark but nothing. I told her I would not be staying again. And again I got nothing from reception. So if youmare staying on the weekend I suggest you join the party until 11 on the patio or stay elsewhere

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We do take your comments very seriously and it was unfortunate that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been. Port Credit is a great are that plays host to many restaurants and festivals. The patio was from a neighbouring establishment and they do follow the local by-laws.
Please contact me directly if you do have the opportunity ti visit us again and we will tailor your stay to meet your needs and find out all information possible about what may be happening in and around the Village.
Kindest Regards
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I travel to Toronto every 2 weeks, and the Waterside Inn is my home away from home. Most of the rooms are mini apartments with a living room, kitchen and separate bedroom. Feels more like home than a sterile hotel room. The hotel is right on Lake Ontario, and there is a nice community feel to the area.
I need to speak out about something: the food. It it supposed to be high quality and a renown cuisine. I don't get it. Most of the meals are extremely fatty and heavy. And the prices are astronomical. I avoid eating there as much as possible, specially since I am health conscious. I live in Montreal, maybe I am spoiled with the best food in Canada, but sincerely, please improve the food!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pralinemino
Guy-Ratchford, General Manager at The Waterside Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I would love for you to contact me via email at gratchford@watersideinn.ca so that I can better understand your experience with our food. Hopefully we can identify some changes that would appeal more to what your expectations are. A large majority of our restaurant reviews are favourable but it is important to hear about inconsistencies so that we can stay on top of what may become a problem.

Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have stayed here a few times for corporate events. The rooms are average but I am starting to see signs of wear and age. The bed and linens are comfortable, rooms are clean. Some stained carpets in the living room area and drywall damage in various areas of the room. The wallpaper is peeling from the wall in the bathroom. One thing at this location that is remarkable is the view. Right on the lake.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking the time to highlight the good and not so good aspects of your recent stay with us. We are addressing these issues though our maintenance program and your comments have helped us focus on some area that may have been overlooked.

Guy Ratchford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Admiral Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Oakville
Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON

Been to The Waterside Inn? Share your experiences!